V21 Experimental 2 Available!

I've gotten 2 CTDs from using C4 in an alien base assault mission, on the turns it was supposed to detonate. The first time it was thrown on top of the power core and the second time an alien was standing on it. Edit: another C4 crash. Too bad, I was doing really well on that one. Edit 2: shooting the power core with a pulse laser also causes a CTD. Edit 3: any damage to the power core seems to cause a crash. Edit 4: killing an alien during a base attack with C4 also causes a crash. Edit 5: it seems to be not just base attacks. Killing any alien with the explosion from C4 or the power core causes a CTD.

Have lasers still not been updated with the new cover values yet?

It would be nice to be able to see the stats of newly researched weapons (i.e. lasers) in the loadout screen, even when there are 0 in stock. Presently we can only see the weapon stats when there is at least 1 in storage.

I still feel that burst fire is far too inaccurate and Jackal armor is 4-5kg too heavy.

Edited by KateMicucci

We can't get the crash people are reporting with night missions to happen here - if you are experiencing could you post in this thread so we can track it down more quickly?

@ls35a if you are not seeing the new loading screen then you probably do not have the experimental version installed - what is the version number listed at the top right of the game launcher?

I now have the new version. I'm seeing the new loading screen and the victory art for air combat.

Also got a CTD on 2nd combat mission.

Re-introduced new loading screen

Well I was hoping for something different.

Why can't you throw a progress bar on the picture that is displayed once the data is loaded? Just like in x-com the information about the mission was first.I know that then it was loaded after button, but here the whole loading screen might be during that screen - so while it is loading people can read the information about the mission.

About the AI - if you changed something, my first new mission - Sebillian Small Scout. When I approached the UFO from the side. One of the guys just took exit (rushed on my MG guy) and he was out of TU's I think because he didn't fire on my soldier, the next Sebillian made one step inside the UFO and started shooting through the UFO wall of the discovered soldier. He couldn't hit him because of the UFO wall but he did shoot anyway.

My game CTD'd when the progress bar on the ground combat loader was about 4/5 of the way across. So, I couldn't even play the first ground mission. I'm going to try again tonight with a clean reinstall. Also, I noticed the ground combat loader is substantially slower than the old none animated loader.

I tried giving this version a try but I get a lot of crashes. It's not just night missions, the second scout I shot down would cause CTD even though I arrived during the day, random CTD in the menus, random CTD in combat. I can't remember the last time the game crashed this much :P I'm gonna completely delete everything and do a fresh install. It really feels like there was a hiccup in updating rather than the update because (in my personal inexperienced nontechnical opinion) the update doesn't seem to do anything...'crazy.'

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums but I've logged some 280 hours in the game. After the new experimental build (v21 e2) I started a new game and ran into some crashes pretty early. (I'm assuming that I did a night time mission). I repeated this process a few times to the same end and concluded that maybe a complete re-install would fix the problem so I did that and started a new game again. Again, I crashed after a few missions. At this time I checked the forums and found that maybe it was because I was doing night time missions. I did find some success in doing only daytime missions but I still inevitably run into crashes later on whether the missions are day or night. I can't seem to pin point a single problem that is causing them but they are occurring either during the load, or during the alien turns, sometimes only after a turn or two, sometimes after several turns. I'll keep playing to try and discover the cause. In the meantime, is there some save file I can upload to help the developers locate and correct these crashes?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums but I've logged some 280 hours in the game. After the new experimental build (v21 e2) I started a new game and ran into some crashes pretty early. (I'm assuming that I did a night time mission). I repeated this process a few times to the same end and concluded that maybe a complete re-install would fix the problem so I did that and started a new game again. Again, I crashed after a few missions. At this time I checked the forums and found that maybe it was because I was doing night time missions. I did find some success in doing only daytime missions but I still inevitably run into crashes later on whether the missions are day or night. I can't seem to pin point a single problem that is causing them but they are occurring either during the load, or during the alien turns, sometimes only after a turn or two, sometimes after several turns. I'll keep playing to try and discover the cause. In the meantime, is there some save file I can upload to help the developers locate and correct these crashes?

Thanks!

Chris

Welcome aboard!

Save files are located in the Xenonauts folder in My Documents (or just Documents, whatever is it that your Windows calls it). There'll be a bunch of .sav files in there, named by date of save creation, and not by what you call it in game.

Just downloaded the latest experimental and firstly I noticed that the ground combat mission loading time seems to take much longer, and then at completion of loading bar, the game CTD

Will try again later to check if it's a consistent bug, or just unlucky

I re-installed and still have CTD's when ground missions are loading(very slowly). Doesn't seem to be any specific pattern to it. I've had it crash on small UFO's, medium UFO's, terror missions, and base invasions.

Hi everyone, I'm back!

Unfortunately I'm also experiencing CTD when loading a ground combat. The symptoms seem pretty much identical to last build that had a seperate loading screen (that I still don't like one bit to be honest!). Loading is terribly slow and the game crashes to desktop at the last 10% after the background music starts. :/

EDIT: It doesn't crash every time though... Haven't yet figured what causes it.

Edited by Skitso

The C4 one was around in the previous build, in all fairness. Not that that's any consolation.

I've gotta say, I'm a convert to C4. What with aliens squatting in houses now, slapping down a mini nuke and blasting the house, squatter and all, to kingdom come is really satisfying. The last time I had this feeling was, ooo, Syndicate Wars?

Edited by Ol' Stinky

The C4 one was around in the previous build' date=' in all fairness. Not that that's any consolation.[/quote']I didn't experience it in build 1. Interesting. Anyway, bottom line is that it's too frustrating for me to play right now. I'm sure GH will figure out what's going on and get it working.