Steam Early Access

Surely the Ferrero Rocher, that the medal is a picture of, would be a suitable gift to all gold coloured Founders, particularly for the especially autocratic ones.

Minion: Another Ferrero Rocher Ambassador?

Autocrat: That's "Founder" you cretin, not "Ambassador". Jeeves? Jeeves, take this... this.. person away and shoot it will you?

It could be sent with any other Xeno-treats from Kickstarter.

I can't even remember what the Kickstarter rewards were, never mind trying to come up with something else. The Novella was the one I wanted. Well worth paying extra to get it for free.... um. Oh, the art book. that was the other thing I coveted. And the guarantee that you wouldn't have to meet Chris. I think that's what the extra money was for...

Having seen a decent number of Kickstarter campaigns, I'd say that Xenonauts offered a great number of rewards, at very good value, for backing the project. All without delving into endless tiers of unlocks (unfair on those who don't want to sell a major organ to get them), pointless in game pandering (Look, I have a platinum Xeno-Ibis that carries my Rockets!) or gratuitous forum labelling (Look! I have the Supreme Being forum badge for sinking the GDP of Poland into the project! Kneel before Zod!)

I like that there's very little difference, in Xenonauts.

From Kickstarter:

Foil Covered Chocolate Backer: A digital copy of Xenonauts on release, plus access to our development builds and beta testing until the game is complete! This also includes a special silver forum medal for our forums.

Fererro Rocher Backer: As above, but includes a spangly gold forum medal, a digital copy of the Xenonauts soundtrack, official desktop wallpapers, plus a lengthy digital write-up of our development diary on release.

Sound very fair, even with the development diary being available to one and all (looking forward to that too)

>Bang!<

Thank you Jeeves.

If i remember correctly I got the premium preorder so I would get the novella, which I now have. :D A free book with a game is a new one on me and i'm quite happy with it. Of course everyone else ended up getting it as well but I took that to be a reflection on how well things were going rather than getting annoyed about it. And of course someone would have ended up putting it somewhere for download so it made sense to make it widely available for everyone easily.

I think removing the text to leave just the medal as unique forum avatars is a good idea for both preorder levels. Anything else would be very nice but I can't think of anything that wouldn't get handed around leaving everyone with it anyway.

Maybe you could have a premiem order name bonus be where the premium order guys can submit an ingame soldier name added to the list of names already in the game.... or something like that. Im sure it couldn't be to hard to add a few more to your list (maybe with a badge next to it) to show their support?

In the end I preordered so this game could be the best it could be but also upgrading over the standard for a little extra.....

Anyhoo just my 2 cents.

Dear Chris,

I, and a tons of others, paid early to see the game developed.

I reagularly check the forum even though I do not contribute much, and I really appreciate the transparancy of Goldhawk Interactive.

I could not care less if you started selling it for $5 or what ever you decide is the best pricepoint to recruite more customers/players.

Thats your call.

Cheers!

Dear Chris,

I reagularly check the forum even though I do not contribute much, and I really appreciate the transparancy of Goldhawk Interactive.

I could not care less if you started selling it for $5 or what ever you decide is the best pricepoint to recruite more customers/players.

Thats your call.

Cheers!

+1

Dear Chris,

Thats your call.

Cheers!

I wanted to write something like this, but there's no need now.

I preordered the game Premium before Kickstarter, and I would do it again to see it published.

I agree with Detrius' sentiment completely, as I did when I forwent of the extra copy back in the Kickstarter days.

Has there been any change regarding GoG? Last i heard Gog wasn´t willing to accept the price point for Xenonauts, but some recent releases have been quite over that.

Yeah, they've certainly changed their tune over time but maybe the more expensive games weren't indie? I know Omerta isn't. Their statement was only regarding indie games iirc.

Looking forward to it. Having backed the project but not really followed development so far: will I just be emailed it? I haven't signed up anywhere in particular except here (and kickstarter obviously)

Hopefully, yes. It'll just be sent to your email address I think.

My 2 cents: I preorderd back when their was only one level; preorder. When the split happened, and I was offered the opportunity to lower my order amount I didn't, not to have a "premium" preorder, but because I was willing to pay the $30 without extra incentives. So this erosion of value doesn't concern me.