Build V17.5 Released!

No luck for me yet (Desura auto-updater version). I'm not willing to install the standalone on top of the Desura version as this might make a mess on my installation and game...

EDIT: ok, i had to restart Desura for it show me a warning about the game update. Now found an option to track the game on Desura, supposedly it will give me a warning or send an e-mail on the next new event.

Edited by xcom

Looks like false alarm - I had some old files still lingering in the game directory.

Seems to be working after I mede sure EVERYTHING from previous version was gone...

Well, I've downloaded and started up, but it crashes at first ground combat, so not looking good...

The game looks fantastic. I was able to complete my first mission completely. But it crashed after (geoscape loading).

I understand that it is an Alpha release.

Anyway; impressive. *Take your time*. You're going in the right direction.

I wish you to succeed.

:)

Is it me or do you now always start the game with some Alien alloys and other Alien tech from the start, also I have the ability to create Laser Pistols right off the bat.

*EDIT* This is either a bug or because I downloaded the Standalone but did not uninstall the Desura version, however I did then uninstall the Desura version and unzipped the Standalone again, but to no avail.

(I did not put the standalone in the same file area as the Desura version).

Edited by Steelpoint

Is a "Hidden Movement" screen that so far has lasted 8 minutes a sign of a very deep and thoughtful AI?

The mouse still moves around, the music still plays, I can tab out and back and the screen will refresh so it isn't a hard crash. Just lost in thought I guess.

I guess it's ALT-F4 and try again in a few months. Not much point in checking out the game when I can't get past turn 3 on the 1st ground mission.

Here's the contents of "_basebuilt.lua" from the Desura auto-update version (which works fine for me) if this helps:

UnlockKnowledge( "airplane.human.f17" );

UnlockKnowledge( "airplane.human.chinook" );

UnlockKnowledge( "AV.AUTOCANNON" );

UnlockKnowledge( "AV.SIDEWINDER" );

UnlockKnowledge( "AV.AVALANCHE" );

UnlockKnowledge( "VEHICLE.HUNTER" );

UnlockKnowledge( "Event.IcelandIncident" );

UnlockKnowledge( "VEHICLE.HUNTER" );

UnlockKnowledge( "VV.MACHINEGUN" );

UnlockKnowledge( "weapon.ballistics" );

UnlockKnowledge( "weapon.rifle" );

UnlockResearch( "Researches.AlienInvasion" );

--BuildAlienBase( 3853, 1600 );

--UnlockFinalMission();

Edited by Khall

Thx Khall, pls put the text in CODE-Tags.

Questions/comments:

I dowanloaded the 4 GB standalone. Deleted the old Xenonauts directory and extracted to a new dir.

a) Is it supposed not to be savegame compatible? Mine crashes, if I try to load old saves from the last version.

EDIT: IT'S WORSE. IT'S TERRIBLE. IT CRASHES ANY TIME I LOAD A SAVED GAME (After click on "resume operation")

b) Why is the Geoscape UI (the Earth map window) still the old one? All others use the new style with the buttons in the center.

c) I've seen citizens kinda teleporting from one place to another.

Edited by centiles

Questions/comments:

I dowanloaded the 4 GB standalone. Deleted the old Xenonauts directory and extracted to a new dir.

a) Is it supposed not to be savegame compatible? Mine crashes, if I try to load old saves from the last version.

EDIT: IT'S WORSE. IT'S TERRIBLE. IT CRASHES ANY TIME I LOAD A SAVED GAME (After click on "resume operation")

Rule of thumb for an alpha: Save games are never compatible unless stated otherwise.

Rule of thumb for an alpha: Save games are never compatible unless stated otherwise.

Well what I meant (but didn't write) is, it crashes on loading any saved game, no matter if it's from old versions or if its been saved by version 17.5.

I reported to the bug forum.