Build V17.5 Released!

Hi,

In my Games section, then under Xenonauts:-

Yes that is a magnificent download section.

However that image did make me realize that I don't actually have a Premium order but a standard order.

Nonetheless I am looking forward to this new version, and kudos to the work being accomplished thus far by the developers!

Hi,

In my Games section, then under Xenonauts:-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1805[/ATTACH]

Hi, thanks. That would be the standalone version. But i guess my version (Desura auto-updated) is the same as there is not an option for me to update, only to play or debug (my Desura client is set to auto-update). That is until ver 17.5 is available.

Edited by xcom

Yes that is a magnificent download section.

However that image did make me realize that I don't actually have a Premium order but a standard order.

Nonetheless I am looking forward to this new version, and kudos to the work being accomplished thus far by the developers!

You should have a premium pre-order, as your avatar shows that info.

You should have a premium pre-order, as your avatar shows that info.

Funny thing was that when the old system was moved to Desura, I did not get a key. So I contacted Chris and was able to get my Premium Badge and the game on my Desura account. However it is only now that I noticed that my version is only a standard and not a Premium.

Funny thing was that when the old system was moved to Desura, I did not get a key. So I contacted Chris and was able to get my Premium Badge and the game on my Desura account. However it is only now that I noticed that my version is only a standard and not a Premium.

Well, if you paid for the premium, then you should contact Chris again about this issue...

Well, if you paid for the premium, then you should contact Chris again about this issue...

Stand down from high alert - there's no difference between the two on Desura. I have both options and it's actually kind of annoying to have to pick which version to install each update, especially because it doesn't matter.:cool:

Build V17.5 has been release, but this is a multi-step process so we'll keep you updated on it in this post.

We've also added trees to the Arctic tilesets, which make the maps less empty. Also, animated water tiles for the Arctic tileset. Oh, and the Industrial tileset has had a bit of a facelift - some trains in that now.

Slight Balancing: The starting UFOs (Light Scout, Scout) should have a few more aliens in them to make the early missions more challenging. The previous numbers didn't really factor in the fact that a lot of aliens died on impact.

More Sprites: We've added sprites for an entire alien race to the game, plus the sprites for all of the Xenonaut vehicles are now done too (meaning all the Xenonaut units are now in the game).

We've also redone the Light Drone so it doesn't look so much like a Tau gun drone, as I don't want to risk a lawsuit. It's now animated as well. We've also modelled and added the big brothers of the Light Drone (also animated) so the alien vehicles are complete. We might add some new ones in beta, but these are all we have planned for now.

There's one more major alien race to add (currently rendering), plus some tileset-specific civilians and one minor sub-species of alien. Not far to go.

Hi Chris

So do the artic maps have less of the mesalike things and more trees, or just trees added?

How many xenonaut vehicles are there?

The drones bigger BROTHERS rutro. So are there multible varients?

Cant wait for the new maps to test.

Please countinue to be as awsome as possible Xenonauts...

Sorry i forgot about that...the premium and normal version being equal except for the price. About the Desura auto-update to 17.5, still nothing, and i think that today being 31 december, Desura will only do anything at all on wednesday, 2. Lets hope not.

Afaik, all the people who pre-ordered before Desura was in use, like you and myself, have "standard" orders on Desura as the premium download didn't exist when the conversion happened.

There's no difference between them, and if there are any extra rewards we should be eligible for (outside of the forum badge), Chris has a nice big list of people who were in before Desura.

Afaik, all the people who pre-ordered before Desura was in use, like you and myself, have "standard" orders on Desura as the premium download didn't exist when the conversion happened.

There's no difference between them, and if there are any extra rewards we should be eligible for (outside of the forum badge), Chris has a nice big list of people who were in before Desura.

also, for release, desura won't be mandatory, users should be able to register it on steam, so really, the limited edition has no technical value.

too bad it's not available yet anyway...

If anyone did not catch it here is an update Chris posted about 4 hours ago. Posted on the Desura page.

Yup, the new build is awaiting authorisation so if you can't download it at the moment, that's why (when a new build is awaiting authorisation the old one is not downloadable any more).

Unfortunately given it's new year's day in Australia now it may be another 24 hours or so. If you're interested, the changelog is here: Goldhawkinteractive.com!

We'll release a proper news post on this page once we've confirmed there are no game-breaking bugs in it!