Before people launch into an argument I'll simply tell you how to change it so you will only get Male Soldiers.

Go to your Xenonauts folder (Where it is installed) and go into assets.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets

Go down until you find the XML document file called "gameconfig". Now go through the list and near the top you will find a field called "SOLDIER GENERATION VALUABLES", look for the field in that field that says femaleSoldierChance and change the value from 40 to 0. Now you should only get Male soldiers.

Before people launch into an argument I'll simply tell you how to change it so you will only get Male Soldiers.

Go to your Xenonauts folder (Where it is installed) and go into assets.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets

Go down until you find the XML document file called "gameconfig". Now go through the list and near the top you will find a field called "SOLDIER GENERATION VALUABLES", look for the field in that field that says femaleSoldierChance and change the value from 40 to 0. Now you should only get Male soldiers.

Thank you very much! :D

I feel so dirty even suggesting that the women chance be lowered for troops, but it was the cold war.

I do believe that there were more women serving that people would guess, as conscription and the need for bums on seats overpowered sexism. That being said, I'm very sure that number was not %50

After reading this, I sent mine to 15% and I added more female names. I hated seeing so many Janes and Barbaras!

Pretty much did the same thing.

If anyone wants an expansion of names I'll post my list

US

Sophia

Emma

Hannah

Russia

Alyona

Galina

Kristina

German

Trude