Angry Joe would be great. I don't like him much but as far as publicity goes he certainly wouldn't hurt. But I think he's more of a mainstreamer most of the time.
''

You are pretty much right. In GOG interview for example I got image that he had never heard of gog before it stopped being good old games. But he does know some indie games(usually if they have something to do with his interests) and does have reviewed some of them. And like I said, he has reviewed UFO Extraterrestrials(because he was at news of XCOM: Enemy Unknown searching for good XCOM like game in meanwhile or something) and might have mentioned Xenonauts in some XCOM related thing, I'm not sure. Anyway, point is, he never does research and says stupid stuff rather often, but he is XCOM fan and he has fans so it might work if we want more publicity, but I'm not sure.

And yeah, I watch his show even though I don't like his show :P He does sometimes have good points/episodes, but I do it mainly because of curiosity. I don't know why people have that tempting in their head to watch shows they know they don't like. I suppose its same factor that makes people watch bad(and not funny bad) movies on purpose.

Edited by XenoMask

Been checking the kickstarter for the past day or so, pledges are only going in at the minimum $20 increments, better work out a new way to get noticed.

Just put in my $100.... I loved XCOM back in the early 90s, it was my favorite game for many years. I will be buying the "re-imagining" that Friaxis and 2K are doing, but have some concerns about the direction they are taking.

Xeno, so far is exactly what I would have XCOM be today. It's got the updates and look of a modern offering, but it maintains the "spirit" of the original. I hope the contributions keep comming in, and the game can become a classic in it's own time. I'll be peddling this to my friends as much as I can :P

-BB

Game of 1999 year ...

but current mechanics of Xenonauts is worse than in this game ...

Now 2012 ... form ja2 & 1999 gone 13 years !!!

Game mechanics in Xenonauts must be minimum as here ...

(or better)

[video=youtube;P2T1kKgfh5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P2T1kKgfh5E#!

[video=youtube;4G0mn_moQ9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0mn_moQ9s&hd=1

Game of 1999 year ...

but current mechanics of Xenonauts is worse than in this game ...

Now 2012 ... form ja2 & 1999 gone 13 years !!!

In what way specifically? One of the initial goals from the kickstarter funding was JA style suppression mechanics which they stated in update 4 will now be happening. And they've stated the AI isn't all there yet and will be getting much smarter.

Jagged Alliance is a totally different take on the genre. It's like demanding there be five hundred customizable starships in the game because Xenonauts is also sci-fi and SPAZ and Starfarer have them and they're totally also indie strategy games. A little undifferentiated, that is.

Edited by The New Romance

look game tester has a decent point in that it should be better than those that have come before it. the only problem with his argument is that he lacked any sort of predecessor. i think we all have played plenty of xcom remakes/reimaginings over the years to know what xenonauts will be compared against. there are probably many people from similar games like JA2 that were unhappy with the current official iterations of the game that will be looking at xenonauts to see if they will like it, so there will be some comparison to xcom like games as well.

if we can, in a respectful manner, point out the reasons as to why one type of game used one type of mechanic instead of xenonauts' mechanic, then perhaps they will understand the differences in the styles of games, and hopefully enjoy xenonauts better.

look game tester has a decent point in that it should be better than those that have come before it. the only problem with his argument is that he lacked any sort of predecessor. i think we all have played plenty of xcom remakes/reimaginings over the years to know what xenonauts will be compared against. there are probably many people from similar games like JA2 that were unhappy with the current official iterations of the game that will be looking at xenonauts to see if they will like it, so there will be some comparison to xcom like games as well.

if we can, in a respectful manner, point out the reasons as to why one type of game used one type of mechanic instead of xenonauts' mechanic, then perhaps they will understand the differences in the styles of games, and hopefully enjoy xenonauts better.

What about this ideas .. ?

Some ideas for engine -

1f76a57272c77dbf585a3c75f4d60b89.jpeg 4f570ac659ab64770c74ed23b2c26965.jpeg 10f032fb587abb547ba3aef248c60fa0.jpeg 3f8cd3db04ac806c6d862784a846d8fb.jpeg 77af26a819ad9561ade1f92e46d1fef6.jpeg 2c4fbe697a41ddb9f1ddc1f29b22e152.jpeg a9453ed9a25c1ce9e879ae90eb9d531b.jpeg a534c475c3cb3eb0ef5f192dc3ddd8dd.jpeg

Well, uh... I do know some sites through Channel Awesome, like Blistered Thumbs(Note: I don't watch videos on that site so I have no idea if contributors on that site have their own sites and whether their shows are any good). I already did wonder whether Spoony Experiment or Angry Joe show would be good, but latter one at least seems to be contested.(I for example don't like Angry Joe either)

I wonder if there's any way to get it mentioned on a podcast like Gamers with Jobs or PCGamer (who seems to be steadfastly ignoring it). I know that someone affiliated with GWJ wrote an article but I haven't heard mention on podcast. I think just mentioning it wherever you can helps, too, since it creates more buzz. Tweet about it and think outside the box - see if you can get people who like aliens or other sorts of games to notice, too... if we're all trying to excite the same group of tactical turn-based gamers, that's really preaching to the converted. Figuring out people who wouldn't know about the project but who might be interested is key.