(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Update is working great so far. I'm still not sure what you meant when you said the Recoil formula isn't working properly in the game right now - is it different from

if Strength < Recoil then Accuracy - (Recoil - Strength)?

Sorry for harping on the subject.

Also I have started a new game and decided to add description strings for each weapon as I unlock them. Like this:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.SMGEnforcer.desc</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String"><font face="fonts/arial.mvec"\><b>SubMachinegun Enforcer EF-Z701:</b>A new personal defense style SMG that is more effective than the basic pistol against aliens. Uses explosive rounds and while inaccurate at long ranges is dead up close.Range:                                                    13Damage:                                                 25 Kinetic / 12 StunSuppression:                                          35 BurstMitigation:                                               0Ammo Capacity:                                     24 shotsReaction Modifier:                                  1.7xFire Modes:- 23%% TU                                                 35 Acc x 4 shot</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>  </Row>

If you want I can post each one as I make them (here or somewhere else), they can simply be copy-pasted to the bottom of the Strings.xml file right above

<WorksheetOptions xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel">

and will show up in game.

Edited by thrakkemarn

Well that would surely help us a lot because each of us currently is overhead between project and real life so we keep postponing that (we know how to do it.We just never found time to do it).However instead of posting here each time you write description in strings.xml just send me PM ok ?

Gladly! Anything I can do to help.

By the way I noticed a minor bug/discrepancy in the Weapons.xml file the weight of certain weapons does not match the weight in Weapons_gc.xml. This causes the weapon to weigh a different amount in the loadout screen (usually much more).

Gladly! Anything I can do to help.

By the way I noticed a minor bug/discrepancy in the Weapons.xml file the weight of certain weapons does not match the weight in Weapons_gc.xml. This causes the weapon to weigh a different amount in the loadout screen (usually much more).

Hello thrakkemarn!

Thank you for reporting, but the engine only take in consideration for weight and carry the input in weapons.xml. the other one are ignored. About the recoil I test it multiple times, the equation dosent work as one expect recoil-str, looks like that change from long long time in other builds.

Thanks! Is nice to know that some players want to give us feedback and suggestions instead of critics.

I get posibility to reaserch advenced pistol tech just after one of the ground missions without nessesity to reaserch anything from aliens, actualy I have reaserched 2 techs up untill now which is starting one and hunter car.

I was checking before for testing purposess what techs leads where and reaserchec few techs foward in testing mode and usually i remember for APtech u needed somthing alien reaserched. Anyone things it may be bbug?

How to triger c4 with grenade? Leatly i had sytuation with nice looking mushroom when one of my fainted soldiers with 2xc4 in bagpack was hited again by alien stun weapon uuu nice viev just shame one of my soldiers evaporized.

hi! sorry for asking this ..but i need a mid tier savegame for testing somethings i edited for the gameconfig.xml i got one of my olds vainilla saves with plasma weapons and stuff but i got ctd when i access some things,or is there someking off "debug mode" that unlocks researchs and goodies ?

hi! sorry for asking this ..but i need a mid tier savegame for testing somethings i edited for the gameconfig.xml i got one of my olds vainilla saves with plasma weapons and stuff but i got ctd when i access some things,or is there someking off "debug mode" that unlocks researchs and goodies ?

In debug part on Gameconfig.xml you can make some changes to make researches and buildings inmediatly. What is exactly the issue? We recomend to make different copy of the game to be modded. Restore your vanilla game, make a copy and apply XNT mod.

The vanilla saves will be good whe the correct XML entries are present

I get posibility to reaserch advenced pistol tech just after one of the ground missions without nessesity to reaserch anything from aliens, actualy I have reaserched 2 techs up untill now which is starting one and hunter car.

I was checking before for testing purposess what techs leads where and reaserchec few techs foward in testing mode and usually i remember for APtech u needed somthing alien reaserched. Anyone things it may be bug?

How to triger c4 with grenade? Leatly i had sytuation with nice looking mushroom when one of my fainted soldiers with 2xc4 in bagpack was hited again by alien stun weapon uuu nice viev just shame one of my soldiers evaporized.

This has been reported and is a vanilla issue, you can use the C4 trigger by other explosives for your good.

We'r checking some way to make the techtree more simple or intuitive.

Thanks for the report :D

yes i do a backup of the vainilla game and dont worry i just played a little with a couple of numbers (the movespeed of the soldiers with the armors,the rank points numbers,the start date (i changed it to 1990..for me i found a little more "logical",but thats is only my opinion), and so on..and i was referring that the savegame i was using for testing, was a VAINILLA savegame,maybe that was the causing of the ctd

Edited by blackwolf

<Row>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.LandingDSB</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">80</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">15000</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.AlienCruiserDatacore</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1200</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="8" ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.LandingHull" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="10"><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.valkyrie</Data></Cell>  </Row>  <Row>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.CrusierDSB</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">100</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">30000</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.AlienCruiserDatacore</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1500</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="8" ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.CrusierHull" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="10"><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.valkyrie</Data></Cell>  </Row>

The landing ship disassembly requires a cruiser data core, rather than the landing ship core. Easy fix.

Just swap "Items.AlienCruiserDatacore" for "Items.AlienLandingCraftDatacore" in the landing ship manufactures entry. Seems to fix it without any problems.

This is still messed up.

The hotfix reads:

<Row>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.LandingDSB</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">80</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">15000</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.AlienLandingDatacore</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="8" ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.LandingHull" );</Data></Cell>  </Row>

But "Items.AlienLandingDatacore" isn't an item, so it will cause a soft crash if you select it in the manufacturing screen. It should read: "Items.AlienLandingCraftDatacore"

hello my englisch is mot so good ,i speak in german sorry i hope you understood this

habe die version 5.1 bei mir installiert ,muss ich komplett neuinstallieren oder gibt es einen patch so das mein savegame erhalten bleibt.

sorry i hope you can help me .

Thank You

Just correct items.AlienLandingDatacore to items.AlienLandingCraftDatacore .... and it will work fine.You know that you could write this showing only single entry which cause problem right ?

Hum I miss this one I fix it inmediatly. Thx o.O

EDIT: Fixed in all files, thank you!

Edited by TacticalDragon

hello my englisch is mot so good ,i speak in german sorry i hope you understood this

habe die version 5.1 bei mir installiert ,muss ich komplett neuinstallieren oder gibt es einen patch so das mein savegame erhalten bleibt.

sorry i hope you can help me .

Thank You

Hi Darki,

du musst leider von vorne anfangen, da sich in Version 5.22 extrem viel geändert hat.

Auch hier würde ich dir emfephlen eine komplett saubere Kopie von Xenonauts zu nehmen, dann XNT zu installieren, und dann die Übersetzung zu installieren (Achte bitte auf den extra Schritt für XNT Spieler).

Not sure is trigering c 4 is vanila issue cause i cant fo this. Iam thorowing c4 with timer on and off and grandes to that c4 and it never explodes just becomes destroyed.

Maby they fixed it cause normaly c4 can't explode unless u use detonator.

Thanks! Is nice to know that some players want to give us feedback and suggestions instead of critics.

Yeah I've worked on mods before and it's astonishing the number of people who take your work for granted and don't realize you are doing this for free in your spare time :rolleyes:

Is Recoil still at least tied in to strength? So higher STR soldiers will be more accurate with higher recoil weapons?

Haha, as you may tell I'm really obsessed with game mechanics, which is why I started doing the weapon stat cards cause I like to really make sure my squad is optimally equipped. :P

So I get tired of vanilla and try out this mod. Starting a new game, first few missions are definitely less lethal than vanilla. Then on my fifth or sixth mission (a Scout vessel), I encounter an unkillable alien. Even a C4 explosive barely scratches the thing. Looking through the unit images in the "assets" folder, it seems to be a Delta. Is the player supposed to be encountering them a couple weeks into a game? Or are these merely the 'easy' hatchling versions and the adult ones have nuke launchers strapped to their backs?

So I get tired of vanilla and try out this mod. Starting a new game, first few missions are definitely less lethal than vanilla. Then on my fifth or sixth mission (a Scout vessel), I encounter an unkillable alien. Even a C4 explosive barely scratches the thing. Looking through the unit images in the "assets" folder, it seems to be a Delta. Is the player supposed to be encountering them a couple weeks into a game? Or are these merely the 'easy' hatchling versions and the adult ones have nuke launchers strapped to their backs?

Hello executor, this mod is even more difficult to vanilla. The event that you describe is only the beginning, early in game if you found some of this aliens I suggest you to retreat until you have better tech. In which difficulty are you running the game? You need to be extra carefully and very tactical to deal early missions. This mod has randomized encounters and is more punishing in comparison to vanilla. You will find out when you go step deeper in the game.

Any feedback is welcome.