(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

I think you get extra points (hp/ accuracy etc.) the moment you advance. But I would like someone to confirm this too. I notice this especialy when priv --> corp (in my games you need 2-3 missions to do that)

Yes I can 100% confirm that. It happens every time it's been driving me nuts trying to figure out why.

The 6 soldiers you start with are your elite. They have better stats than fresh recruits.

If it's not my imagination than it's hardcoded cos I can't find any values in gameconfig (You wouldn't imagine the amount of hardcoded things in this game ^^)

Thanks! I thought I was missing something, that's a shame but at least the core game is so good we can forgive the things we can't change.

Ok so I ajusted the speed of gaining rankings by 50% up comparing to vanila shall see how this works.

I found also strange configurations there isn gameconfig for ex.:

The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over enemy territory 60%

The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over friendly territory 70%

in vanila its 50% on ememy and 25% on frendly, which is logic, why anybody touches that and if he did why he change the proportions that are against logic??

I think i have to go trough that config to see what else was changed that shoudnt be touched not like this.

Is aircraft refueling and reapiring was to slow in vanila?

40% for womens rly?

65 years max soldier age? stats: TU 5/ HP 15/ Str 25/ Acc -5 or +5 with glasses/ RFL 7 / brv 0/ LOL

Edited by Alewalek

Because we want to have our settings ?When will you get it that XNT is it's own universe and vanilla is vanilla ?And to stop players being reckless like in vanilla where they could get with getting their team intercept by enemy craft,however in XNT they would think twice before they do that.Maybe those values are slightly high and will get reduced.

Edited by Sentelin

C mon "we want have our setings" sound silly was thinking u making mod so game will be more chalanging and want some feedback to improve it.

My point is not that you have changed it but how soldier have higher chance of surviving on enemy terytory then on frendly.

Also I want game more chalanging but if somone changed speed of refueling aircraft and repairing is it for some reason (waves comes faster etc?) or is it because "He wants to have his settings?" cause I see waves are the same.

Edited by Alewalek

Oh sorry let me rephrase by our settings I meant on alternative set of rules than vanilla.Game is more challenging for most people with this mod.As for your point .. well you didn't reffering to chances about survival at friendly/enemy territory,at least it doesn't sound to me like you do:

I think i have to go trough that config to see what else was changed that shoudnt be touched not like this.
Also I want game more chalanging but if somone changed speed of refueling aircraft and repairing is it for some reason (waves comes faster etc?) or is it because "He wants to have his settings?" cause I see waves are the same.

Waves are the same,waves come faster ?Well if someone changes refueling and repairing it's certainly not because "waves are getting faster" it doesn't work that way.Beside what exactly is wrong to have different set of rules (well you want game to be more challenging and that's how you usually do it.You change rules,add new stuff,make game more distinct but keep core of vanilla settings because of which all people like it) don't you wish for some alternative that isn't exactly vanilla ?

Edited by Sentelin

Here:

in vanila its 50% on ememy and 25% on frendly, which is logic, why anybody touches that and if he did why he change the proportions that are against logic??

Question, I read one day post when someone was teling he can make money selling things produced by enginers, what item was it( iam not asking exacly just what part of game midlelate?),Iam quite early in game and up untill now the only thing that makes profit is zephir and its 12k/per moth per 10 enginers netto so u can do this if enginers are not bussy to cover your costs but to make money u need like 100 workshops and 1000 enginers.

and in my previous post question why it was touched not like this- I meant to say here why it was touched against logic i would have say no word if it would be oposite: enemy 70, frendly 60 and this is what i did in my config.

don't you wish for some alternative that isn't exactly vanilla ?

I do but vanila game was tested for couple years and I presume that there is some balance in it so i prefer when things that are not nessesery stay as they are oryginaly and those that needs to be changed be changed

Edited by Alewalek

should be the other way around. I agree.

40% for womens rly?

This was planned to change in the next update anyway. It is the vanilla rate btw (or at least the vanilla rate from a month ago then it was changed to 35 I think. Rly.

65 years max soldier age?

I agree, I change it to 45 in my games. 50 would be still agreeable imo.

Air supremacy system was totally overhauled as you might have noticed. And it is currently being tested for a slight yet very significant change in the future.

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

Is there any way to modify the night time LOS for certain troops, for example when wearing certain armor? To represent night vision or other tech advances when you get to a certain level? Or is there only the global LOSNightMultiplier?

It would be cool if you could later on use advanced tech to turn night time into an asset for some of your troops, or at least neutralize the disadvantage. Not sure if that's just a hardcoded thing or something you don't want to touch though.

C mon "we want have our setings" sound silly was thinking u making mod so game will be more chalanging and want some feedback to improve it.

Perhaps English isn't your first language? Cause the way you phrase your comments they come across pretty rude in English. Just saying. Phrasing counts.

jackal armour is something beetween 0 add null monthly when u cover cost off upk of workshoop and enginers and 1/3 of livink q. Shall see the other one when I will get my hands on that :)

Yes english is not my first language and in writing sometomes things may be undesrtod difrent then intention of writer.

What I am trying to do is to find logic in changes and propose to leave things that are not nessesery withot changes. Iam not able to do any mod myself so I apriciate all the work you did, what i have said the first day i get this mod.

Edited by Alewalek

Is there any way to modify the night time LOS for certain troops, for example when wearing certain armor? To represent night vision or other tech advances when you get to a certain level? Or is there only the global LOSNightMultiplier?

When we integrate XNT with CE 0.23 it will be possible:

Modders can customize night vision range for armors

I guess this refers to LoS but this value applies only to armors and nothing else.Although I already made compatibility patch,I didn't have time to check how it works exactly yet,.

Edited by Sentelin

jackal armour is something beetween 0 add null monthly when u cover cost off upk of workshoop and enginers and 1/3 of livink q.

Even cover mantinance is a gift, leave some part of the income to manufacture is still an advantage in game. You will notice when in the game you will proggress in manufacture.

Believe me we work on economy system since V3 is up. And I do this for living. One thing is have suggestions other is critic the system without testing the really deep of the changes, all the value you point are set with some propouse, you can compreend with a single point of view.

Oooh that's exciting! I think it would be great if it was something like nightvision armor is BETTER at seeing in the night than normal armor is in the day, but maybe has weaker defense (representing not wearing a full helmet). I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Believe me we work on economy system since V3 is up. And I do this for living. One thing is have suggestions other is critic the system without testing the really deep of the changes, all the value you point are set with some propouse, you can compreend with a single point of view.

Ok so how was the proportion of funds calculated to be balanced? Vanila game was tested few years and they set it on some level (i dont know right or wrong), then you change them the way that some regions lost 50% income some 25%, 1 nothing and 1 region get 10% more. For me more intuitive will be proportional change let say 20% up or down depend what your purpose is. It seems purpose was to lower earnings per month but can it be done proportional or purpose was to take 50% earnigs out of some regions? Let say I would like to have it more proportional do I brerak game or your change was just the purpose of less earnings per moth without deep testing?

sory for diging it so much, and apricaite any answear from devs :P) be back 2morrow thanks

Because in vanilla there are obvious places to put bases to get the max income, here ia different. You can put your base in the cairo takin cover of europe and three regions more but you miss other places that are important for funding.

Vanilla never manage to put manufacturing, instead they raise the world income to HUGE amount and double the max. Vanilla is full os resourses, in XNT we set the game to reward a player to engage with the system, dissembling, manufacturing and recovering items in crash.

I am having a problem that may be a bug. I can't get the carrier disassemble tech.

I looked in the research.xml and I should have all the techs required. I have researched cruiser dis assembly and alien reactor (both standard and fusion). I also have alien armor plating. I have all pretty much every tech at this point. I can build hover tanks which meet the requirements.

The only thing left I haven't done is taking out an alien base.

I am having a problem that may be a bug. I can't get the carrier disassemble tech.

I looked in the research.xml and I should have all the techs required. I have researched cruiser dis assembly and alien reactor (both standard and fusion). I also have alien armor plating. I have all pretty much every tech at this point. I can build hover tanks which meet the requirements.

The only thing left I haven't done is taking out an alien base.

Hello and thanks for posting! :D

Let me check, did you do the Alien Reactor found in Landing ships? Try to make Landing Ship Dissemblig and recover this ship Reactor. Looks like you miss Alloy Hardening.

Remember:

With the implementation of Dissembling you need 2 datacores of this kind of ships. Items.AlienLandingCraftDatacore(OR)Items.AlienCruiserDatacore(OR)Items.AlienBattleshipDatacore . Crusier dont unlock hardening because it dont have reinforced hull.

All that you need to do is Landing dissembling/Crusier/battleship and additional datacore of one of them to unlock.

:D

it's disassembling not dissemblig btw. I don't want to be a grammar nazi and don't have the skills for that, but I believe it's important that a mod has not too many typos in its text and descriptions, because it kills immersion. If you are using dissemblig everywhere, this can break it (the immersion).

That said, thanks for your hard work :)

it's disassembling not dissemblig btw. I don't want to be a grammar nazi and don't have the skills for that, but I believe it's important that a mod has not too many typos in its text and descriptions, because it kills immersion. If you are using dissemblig everywhere, this can break it (the immersion).

That said, thanks for your hard work :)

Hahahha thank you, I'll fix the typo

Because in vanilla there are obvious places to put bases to get the max income, here ia different. You can put your base in the cairo takin cover of europe and three regions more but you miss other places that are important for funding.

Vanilla never manage to put manufacturing, instead they raise the world income to HUGE amount and double the max. Vanilla is full os resourses, in XNT we set the game to reward a player to engage with the system, dissembling, manufacturing and recovering items in crash.

Ok that sound good, generaly i see drop down in regions where one base can cover 2-3 regions at once like u said for ex.Africa and central and south America. THanks for answear.

Ok that sound good, generaly i see drop down in regions where one base can cover 2-3 regions at once like u said for ex.Africa and central and south America. THanks for answear.

Correct! Sometimes is better cover less area but one country... depends on the difficulty and the setup that the player choose.

The late game is near to be a nightmare, in most of the cases Xenonauts need to stay on is own with a final count down

hi ,sorry but i dont know if this even count as a suggestion but i tweaked the tilerenderer.xml(thanks to skitso for pointing me)

to make the night missions...more DARK using these numbers:

<Night min="0.05" max="0.8"/>

i know is a really simple and silly change..but the result is a more creeppy,darker,scarier night(especially when there are a lot of deltas lurking and hunting your squad xD),but also more REALISTIC(with the vainilla numbers i feel the night lacks of..that NIGHT)

anyone felt the same? tell me what you think about it :)

hi ,sorry but i dont know if this even count as a suggestion but i tweaked the tilerenderer.xml(thanks to skitso for pointing me)

to make the night missions...more DARK using these numbers:

<Night min="0.05" max="0.8"/>

i know is a really simple and silly change..but the result is a more creeppy,darker,scarier night(especially when there are a lot of deltas lurking and hunting your squad xD),but also more REALISTIC(with the vainilla numbers i feel the night lacks of..that NIGHT)

anyone felt the same? tell me what you think about it :)

Wao is quite nice! I will try to take a look around.

I never touch tilerender.

Thx :D

and also i searched a lot across internet tryng to find if the photos im using in my custom xenopedia are under copyright rights or something,but i cant find anything (only entries to another wikias(the ace combat wikia for example),to devianarts album copilations,to catalogs and stuff relationed to the plane (for example i rolf'ed when one of the links was directing me with news about my country buying su(not the superflankers..thats why i laughed) (THIS HAPPENED WITH THE MIRAGE/APOLLO IMAGE IM USING)...so i think its maybe safe to using them (i dont know how to call it. THAT MASK IMAGE YOU GOT ON THE HANGAR), i ll try my best doing it so maybe in the night i show you the results to hear your opinion