(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

yeah..thats what i liked about this...i never have the feel that im "safe"..they are even more pushishers on air combat,a lot more scarier on GC,and even when you acomplished something like...i dont know,FINALLY GET your brand new shiny laser weapon,bum..they kick your ass and send you to your base crying,we have to remember we are facing a onverwhelming invader force,if for just one minute we feel secure,then there is something wrong somewhere,specially because with XNT,i feel that the game becomes a time race for the survival of the mankid(with a lot of epic battles and struggles included)

whats about mamoth torpedo- i can't mount in on foxtrot. it has segale and astra mark2 unchangable

some further reserch trugh?

Meh, I made those when Mig was still a t1 aircraft.

Mammoths are t1 weapons.... so you will get them if you unlock Migs before alenium. Otherwise they are automatically replaced.

I'll just change the name of the missile to mk I/ mk II so it's less confusing.

The values for crashed dropship are all mixed up, first they not add up to 100% and second are against logic. This becomes more important with this coming up:

If you know what I had plan for V5.3, scary...

All the UFO aircrafts can intercept human transports

Curent values:

dropshipCrashSeaDeath 60 The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over sea.

dropshipCrashSeaWounded 50 The chance for a soldier to survive wounded while crashing over sea

dropshipCrashSeaHarmless 10 The chance for a soldier to survive harmless while crashing over sea

So first we gave him 60% to death which is max 40% to survive, but no we give him 60% to survive ass well 50wounded/10 unharm.

dropshipCrashEnemyDeath 60" The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over enemy territory

dropshipCrashEnemyWounded 35 The chance for a soldier to survive wounded while crashing over enemy territory

dropshipCrashEnemyHarmless 10 The chance for a soldier to survive harmless while crashing over enemy territory.

Again 60% to death 45% to survive

dropshipCrashFriendlyDeath 75 The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over friendly territory

dropshipCrashFriendlyWounded 60 The chance for a soldier to survive wounded while crashing over friendly territory

dropshipCrashFriendlyHarmless 10 The chance for a soldier to survive harmless while crashing over friendly territory

So on frendly terytory soldier has biger chance to die then on enemy terytory - maby its Oblivion with Tom Cruse ;)

Anyway giving him 75% to die leave us with 25 % to live but no we give him 70% chance to survive, not logic.

I know you have many thigs on your head and probably its not intentional so I proposed new values that I think fufill the intention of someone who change thos values.

This is my proposition based on your values.

<dropshipCrashSeaDeath value="55" comment="The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over sea." />

<dropshipCrashSeaWounded value="30" comment="The chance for a soldier to survive wounded while crashing over sea." />

<dropshipCrashSeaHarmless value="15" comment="The chance for a soldier to survive harmless while crashing over sea." />

<dropshipCrashEnemyDeath value="75" comment="The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over enemy territory." />

<dropshipCrashEnemyWounded value="20" comment="The chance for a soldier to survive wounded while crashing over enemy territory." />

<dropshipCrashEnemyHarmless value="5" comment="The chance for a soldier to survive harmless while crashing over enemy territory." />

<dropshipCrashFriendlyDeath value="65" comment="The chance for a soldier to die while crashing over friendly territory." />

<dropshipCrashFriendlyWounded value="25" comment="The chance for a soldier to survive wounded while crashing over friendly territory." />

<dropshipCrashFriendlyHarmless value="10" comment="The chance for a soldier to survive harmless while crashing over friendly territory." />

Hi TD

I see you're really busy again, working on mods, posting on here... :P

When you get a spare minute, can you post me the alien rank order so I get it right.

As I mentioned yesterday, the live/corpse recovery values are the same for each rank and for all races, as you know.

I want to do my bit and help by changing these values, getting the balance right and posting back to you. I hope this saves you some time and you can concentrate on other more important XNT ID mod type things...

I just need to know the anlien rank order:

1. Non Combatant

2. Guard

3. Soldier

4. etc, etc...

I'll balance the figures and give my reasons/explanations.

TD, I tried the file you suggested. I researched alien leader tech and it does not appear that anything different happened. The only tech I got as a result was Praetor interrogation, which is normal.

I finally found the error with the Caesan Leader

I upload a small change in the last Hotfix update.

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE LAST HOTFIX UPDATE V5.22A

Download HotFix_Update_5.22.rar

This critical hotfix repair

- Landingship dissembling

- Caesan Leader error

* This changes are included in the Core Pack and in the Hotfix

Thank you so much for your report and feedback!

They help us a lot!

Will try it immediately, thx for all the hard work :)

As I continue to progress further in my game with this mod (normal, Ironman), I'm gripped by the intensity and high stakes of this mod. I've lost multiple ground teams (usually due to ambushes with grenade launchers as my operators stack to enter a UFO). That's been the most dangerous tactical action thus far, followed closely by clearing alien bases (I've destroyed one of three, with two failed assaults on the others). In my one engagement with a omega(?) viper (the large one), I managed to kill it without any casualties of my own using C4, rockets, and grenades... that was a proud moment after the spectacular losses in earlier missions. My highest ranking operator is a lieutenant - with all other senior officers having been killed in previous missions. The ability to produce items for sale on the market is a godsend.

All around, I will have to say that this is a thrilling mod and I give it an A+.

All around, I will have to say that this is a thrilling mod and I give it an A+.

Thank you so much!

Finally I found other player that take the game in Ironman, I play in that mode to!

I really appreciate that you like the game!

I have some questions:

- Which tech or equipment did you have when you face the Omega?

- Did you face the omega before and force you to retreat?

- Did you have any recommendation for the mod?

- What do you think about Aircombat and Dissembling mechanics?

We hope in the future bring more and better content for this game!

Thank you!

Hi, i remember in old X-Com/Ufo TFTD, what i could construct Gym and Psi Gym,for me was a good (and reasonable/real) way to improve my mens, for new missions, and have a more chance of success in combat.

Another thing what was useful, put material in dropships,for the new mission got all i need for combat,and as provisions...

It is possible to recreate/modding this in the game? :D

Greetings

Another thing what was useful, put material in dropships,for the new mission got all i need for combat,and as provisions.

This is something i requested from Solver but I don't if he read or plan implementing this option for CE.

About first one,that's something which is only possible with source code ...again

- Which tech or equipment did you have when you face the Omega?

I had 10 men, all with ballistic weapons. I riflemen and machine-gunners had the advanced ballistic weapons. Of the ballistic weapons, only the sniper rifles and machineguns did any damage, and it was relatively minor. The most damage was incurred with the use of alenium rockets and grenades, and C4. Fortunately, the Viper was initially trapped in a building, giving me time to position my men in line at a safe distance. The engagement started with the detonation of C4, which also destroyed the building but prevented the Viper from moving closer because of the fire.

Did you face the omega before and force you to retreat?

Yes, twice. Each time the Viper was in the open near the dropship.

Did you have any recommendation for the mod?

I think more variety in ballistic weapons would be interesting, as would the addition of new heavy weapons (flamethrower, anti-material rifle, mortar). I also think it would be interesting to have more Geoscape features. Aircrews would be awesome too though I don't know if that's feasible.

What do you think about Aircombat and Dissembling mechanics?

I haven't played the aircombat... scared to try it. Haha. So I auto-resolve it but I may try it out. I use squadrons of 2 condors and 1 T-10(?) and that seems pretty effective against everything except the large class of ships. I do like the dissembling mechanic, though I think it could use some refinement to give a greater feeling of the desperation in reverse engineering the crafts of alien invaders. For example, instead of yielding just one item after dissembling, perhaps it can yield 3-5 different items all of various values and purposes (one might improve armor, or a new technology, another provides alloys, etc).

We hope in the future bring more and better content for this game!

Thank you!

(flamethrower, anti-material rifle, mortar)

Im all in for a anti-materiel rifle. Was thinking about it for some time now.

Flamethrowers would be cool, though that's a lot of work

Mortars...meh seems a bit op in theory (AIs' in games dont usually don't cope very well with artillary fire)

I also think it would be interesting to have more Geoscape features. Aircrews would be awesome too though I don't know if that's feasible.

What do you mean by aircrews?

Pilots? Not doable currently...maybe someday with the code open...

i found this alewalek..but after a couple of clicks in the EXACTLY "RANK BUTTON" (i mean directly over the letters) make it work now

also:

In my one engagement with a omega(?) viper (the large one), I managed to kill it without any casualties of my own using C4, rockets, and grenades... that was a proud moment after the spectacular losses in earlier missions.

cheeers dude! the first time i faced a omega and after i watched her chew three of my soldiers i was like

NOPE!,Commander NUKE THE SHI$@!T OUT OF THIS PLACE!

cheeers dude! the first time i faced a omega and after i watched her chew three of my soldiers i was like

NOPE!,Commander NUKE THE SHI$@!T OUT OF THIS PLACE!

xD! LOL!

Is a quiet hard creature, very aggressive and defensive at the same time, his weapon allow to protect himself in cover.

I need to say that is ... quiet hard

D:

Can you take a video of your first omega fight?

ok but first i accidentaly unnistalled the whole game (erasing all my mod,backup and a little txt file where i have record of all the changes i had done to the xml ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)).

Im downloading and installing all the stuff again..so its gonna take me a while, i have fraps somwhere so if i have any chance,im gonna record my first new encounter with them :)

Edited by blackwolf

Hello,

Great mod! Lot of things changed compared to vanilla. Definitively a major effort.

Any plan to remove the obvious typos left there and there, like proyector (instead of projector) and remanant (instead of remnant), etc.

Also is it me of the geoscape tooltips on weapons don't reflect the actual TU and accuracies of said weapons?