(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

We are?

God, we don't even have a developers tech-tree drawn out . Welcome to the world of chaos :D

Maybe xenopedia hints would serve better (wouldn't tottaly ruin the element of surprise). What do you think XNT community? You want a tree or more hints?

Well... speaking by myself I wondn't like a tree. I would make it to easy and artificial. More hints may be good, but most of the times I dont think it's needed. I mean, you need to know what a tech will give you after researching, but what other techs it would unlock to research must be kinda blurry and suggestive.

UPDATE HOTFIX V5.22 NO.49

starrevenge.jpg

Hello community of players!

We bring a new hotfix update for some of the issues pointed for multiple players, thank you soo much for reporting

HOTFIX V5.22

CHANGELOG V5.22

- Wolf/Buzzard armor protect against limited amount of Minor Psionic Attacks

- Setinel and Predator can protect against limited amount of Major Psuonic Attacks

- Landing ship dissembling is repaired

- Time between waves is increased to 7600

- Random damage reduced to 30%

- UFO contents minor corrections

- Saracen Aircraft stats rebalanced (Current development any suggestion is welcome)

- Damage of starting weapons and Advanced Ballistic increased to +3 Rifles, +5 Sniper and +2 MGs/+2 Mitigation.

- Frag Grenade damage increased by 5

- Time Units progression rebalanced and increased

- Cover value set to 90%.

- We replace the music files to the Remastered Original Music Tracks (Made By Selgald)

starrevenge.jpg

starrevenge.thumb.jpg.3388a231e7b49137ff

Well... speaking by myself I wondn't like a tree. I would make it to easy and artificial. More hints may be good, but most of the times I dont think it's needed. I mean, you need to know what a tech will give you after researching, but what other techs it would unlock to research must be kinda blurry and suggestive.

Thank you, I see the pool and I think that is better ilustrative info in the game ^^

Hey guys, nice update. Keep up the awesome work!

Just had a quick thing to point out - I was toying around with adding a weapon from another mod and got it working fine, but I noticed something weird - it seems a lot of your weapons have Recoil stats of like 5-30. As far as I understood it, the way Recoil works is if a soldier's strength is less than the Recoil, their accuracy is reduced by the difference. Since a soldier can't have a Strength under 30, the Recoil stat is doing nothing for these weapons.

I apologize if you're already aware of this, but if I am misunderstanding the way recoil works I'd love to know what it does in your mod! Thanks again.

Thanks for posting !

The next update we have palnned to add some interesting features to the game (Special encounters and Human encounters)

About the recoil is partial true, I had check all the calculations with the debugger. The recoil calculator dosent work as the equation looks like.

I hope you like it!!!

Cthulhu still slumbers peacefuly in his eternal slumber -- that means: No time soon.

ok xDD..btw TD i applied the patch and get again the "bleached" version of the breaching charge image on the xenopedia...is anyone also getting this...or is only happening with my crazy pc?

HBP_BreachingCharge.jpg

seee..is just like..bleached

EDIT: please...just ignore me...i accidentaly update all the mod again(the core package)

seeh..definitivamente soy subnormal X_X

HBP_BreachingCharge.jpg

HBP_BreachingCharge.thumb.jpg.0ea84de0fd

Edited by blackwolf

I am having some issues with this mod. I've done a lot of research, but never seem to get any of the technology I would expect. I am running Kabill's map pack and Skitsos, along with Fire in the Hole. I only copied the map and tile folders over as per the XNT mod instructions, I am running from a fresh install of Xenonaut's 1.06, and I have moved the folder to my desktop so Steam has not overwritten anything.

Example: I researched Alien Biology and then Stun Weapons, but I am not able to build stun weapons. I researched Plasma Pistol and Plasma Rifle, but I am not able to research Laser weapons. The only build paths that seem to work are for the Jackal armor and the new upgraded ballistic weapons. I researched absolutely everything in my list and could not get past those three technologies for actual production. I'm a pretty new player, but in Vanilla I was able to get stun weapons and laser weapons pretty quick. I mean, when Corvettes are flying around and terror missions are going down, I should have more than the starting weapons, right? There are some enemies that simply cannot be killed with the starting gear.

So the questions are:

1) Is Skitsos causing the problem? Kabill's and Fire In the Hole shouldn't, seeing as you mention it in the download thread.

2) Did you remove things from the Vanilla build paths? As in, are there not stun or laser weapons in the mod at all?

Maybe I simply installed wrong. I'd like to think I can follow four instruction. I've reinstalled from a fresh Steam download three times already. Playing through the first part of the game multiple times to see if the research works is getting pretty old, and it's hard for me to tell if it's working anyway because of my limited game experience.

If you're curious/impatient to find out in game you can always look in the researches.xml file and see the tech tree =P

Because all weapons do stun damage and there are new advanced ballistics, I recommend you get yourself some new ballistic guns first before trying to get to lasers! They really help out early on and can be researched very quickly.

Thanks for this hotfix TD, keep it up!

Great mod!

One REALLY annoying bug...

Rocketeer -I have him setup with all stun rockets but when GC starts he's loaded with HE rocket. I re-load the rocket with stun.

I save game, quit and go back in and he's got HE ammo again. Not huge to most people but I'm now down by 2 x stun rockets and up 2 x HE rockets. This limits my strategy when trying to capture aliens alive! ... :confused::(:mad: ... :rolleyes:

Rocketeer -I have him setup with all stun rockets but when GC starts he's loaded with HE rocket. I re-load the rocket with stun

I think that this has to do with "reload" feature which was introduced in v20 and that this is vanilla thing but I will check it out.

Thanks Sentelin, I'll keep checking for your findings...;)

P.S. With all of the vanilla errors - Are the devs aware? Do you, Modders or anyone else reporting these errors?

Should/can we have a 'stickied' post just for vanilla bugs... :rolleyes:

Edited by Gengis Dhen

Suggestion

Could you add the number of charges left in the medpac so it shows up in the backpack/belt.

I.E. 14/30, 30/30. It's frustrating when I use 4 TUS to find my medpac only has 14 charges left and I should have spent that on picking the 2nd one my Medic has...:(

Would it ever be possible to merge such items/ammo, etc... :rolleyes:

stupid question time, built the RPG SS6, first mission I loaded it, it had no ammo, when they came back to back, it was loaded with one round, but can not find any more ammo to carry, where is the ammo for this at ?

got the hot fix you just released, reinstalled the core files again

I extracted the 5.22 hotfix to my assets folder, and the game crashes when I select the landing ship disassembly in the workshop screen. No other problems encountered so far.

Yes, I send you a PM. This is about the temporal memory of the game have register that dissembling to Crusier Datacore. With the hotfix the entry change to the real one "Landing Core". Unfortunally the engine dont update the entries and the game crash trying to find the "Crusier datacore" .... the solution is annoying.... believe me if I could I change this completly.... You cant use Landing dissembling any more. I will send you a fixer in the PM for this one.

Yes, I send you a PM. This is about the temporal memory of the game have register that dissembling to Crusier Datacore. With the hotfix the entry change to the real one "Landing Core". Unfortunally the engine dont update the entries and the game crash trying to find the "Crusier datacore" .... the solution is annoying.... believe me if I could I change this completly.... You cant use Landing dissembling any more. I will send you a fixer in the PM for this one.

Ok thanks.

I just looked at my inbox and saw 2 PMs from you from last week. Sorry for not seeing those lol.

Suggestion

Could you add the number of charges left in the medpac so it shows up in the backpack/belt.

I.E. 14/30, 30/30. It's frustrating when I use 4 TUS to find my medpac only has 14 charges left and I should have spent that on picking the 2nd one my Medic has...:(

Would it ever be possible to merge such items/ammo, etc... :rolleyes:

This is not possible right now.... I wish we could make it but right now its possible. I try lot of things but cant manage to put the amount of charges that medpack have in equipment screen.

:/

stupid question time, built the RPG SS6, first mission I loaded it, it had no ammo, when they came back to back, it was loaded with one round, but can not find any more ammo to carry, where is the ammo for this at ?

got the hot fix you just released, reinstalled the core files again

Hello! Try charge the weapon in your soldier Barrack screen! All rockets can be loaded to this weapon.

:D