(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

I dont like this cause it also increases aliens TU stat. And alien can perform more shoots at higher level of diff. I think at least fire ratio should stay at the same level when we increase dmg accurency and many many more stats.

Well go to Solver thread and say what you just said here.Because we can do absolutely nothing about it.

@ Sentelin ok thx for explaining.

i have some old weapon pictures from walrus mod v18 -20 mod can i use them to give the the laser /plasma and mags weapons different look? or is that a lot off work?

If you are going to change just pictures (how they look in GUI),then no it's not a lot of work and it's simple.

Edited by Sentelin

I dont like this cause it also increases aliens TU stat. And alien can perform more shoots at higher level of diff. I think at least fire ratio should stay at the same level when we increase dmg accurency and many many more stats.

I think you are not right unless aliens are difrent then humans or mod changes that, but shots take %of TU not defined value at least in vanila so soldier with 70TU can preform more action but he can shot same amount of times like soldier with 50TU

Hey sentilin ty very much i do it know!..sorry i totally forgot that in my frustration to make this working...i reinstalled again..but forguet to update the game (to 1.06) i guess that was all the problem xD,im trying now and is amazing...i just really miss the skitsos's oppresive interface...i really enjoy how he made night mission REALLY DARK, with all the melee units in this mod that formula could make this scary as fucking hell!

put a soldier in a corner...slowly turn to left........and boom...a alien just standing on your side.

darkest nights+melee units+giant magnetos+???? = PROFIT!

(btw...are the condors really so fragile...with only 60 hp xD?)

Edited by blackwolf

(btw...are the condors really so fragile...with only 60 hp xD?)

Yep, and ufo's have been buffed :o

They are fragile but ...you'll notice that they are much faster and have an interesting weapon system.

Though manuvrability was decreased. Think of them like of real aircrafts and not flying dots that could turn whilst almost staying in place.

------------------------------------

Request:

Guys, give me some feedback about the current aircraft system when you have played for a couple of hours/days.

I want to know:

- which aircrafts you use

- are you losing your aircrafts in battle? (even if you win)

- any comments about specific aircrafts vs specific ufos are welcome too.

Bonus Edit:

100th post. Where's my cake?

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

TUs system dont work that way. All shoot are performed based on % system and its apply to aliens too, the only difference of TU is that make aliens more agiles and can move more space but they CANNOT perform more shoots.

also just cheking the gameconfig.xml i think i found a weird or wrong stuff

on the terror failure penalty tab:

<terrorFailurePenalty value="300"

<aerialTerrorFailurePenalty value="500"

<terrorSuccessBonus value="20" <---------- this i what i reffer

<terrorCivilianSurvivedBonus value="3"

<terrorLocalForcesSurvivedBonus value="5"

is supposed that the victory bonus are so slow? lossing the city give 300..but saving it only 20? im sure this was in the change log..its supposed to be 20 or 200, or is multiplied by another number (sorry if this was discussed before >_>)

edit: and i found another thing that is really simple,on the xenopedia images, the photo from the breaching charge...you know that with the lil bomb and the scout ufo,its appear like ..err..idk BLEACHED?

i solve it replacing it with the lore+ photo from my mods folder (or that bleached pic is intentional <_<?)

Edited by blackwolf

@Wolf, what do you mean bleached? Maybe I forget to update the image from the las pack but this one is that kabills give me ^^

The dynamic of funding in the mod is quiet different, that "20" bonus is intentional, you can win a terror mission ti LOT more funding counting the amount of civilians, local forces, amount of enemy killed and .... avoiding the terror damage.

In this mod terror missions are triggered when the player can handle the air combat pretty well and the founding start to increase higher and higher. Terror missions are the attempt of aliens to do real funding damage if the player has too much skill in aircombat.

Test the mod first and you will see :)

Im glad that you like the terror missions.... I love them too!!

By the way, can anyone upload the original soundtrack for me? I accidentally replaced the bgm not knowing that 'optional music pack' had now become bundled with the mod itself. Would really appreciate it :)

I will upload the original remastered files to the corepack and open the optional music pack.

Thanks

Sin t&#237;tulo.jpg

just screenshot and put together (i hope you can spot it >_<)
and yes i noticed that while lurking a bit on the folders,also it was the solver "part" who made it possible change the ascention parameter? i was sick of getting a lot of sgt for just two missions so i buffed(..or nerfed xD) the numbers

Sin t&#237;tulo.jpg

577e7d00944e4_Sint237tulo.jpg.9a9df1a260

Edited by blackwolf

Really wonderful mod, but the first enemy type, the bloated humans (like the reaper zombies, but they don't develop into reapers), are WAY too many hit points and FAR too fast! Plus they resist pistol and shotgun hits. It's incredible what it takes to kill them. It's simply terrible game balance with these guys. They are the most plentiful, absorb enormous amounts of damage, and run like the wind.

I want to know where their speed and health is defined so I can edit it. If I change their stats, everything else is excellent.

Guys, give me some feedback about the current aircraft system when you have played for a couple of hours/days.

I want to know:

- which aircrafts you use

- are you losing your aircrafts in battle? (even if you win)

- any comments about specific aircrafts vs specific ufos are welcome too.

Only single SU for eaach base but never meet medium ufo yet so I can deal with this with any craft up to small with 1-2 hits recived.

Yes completly possible but increase the temporal memory usage of the game and its not recomended. ;P

Can u make it optional its not recomended casue game will crash or slower PC will explode? I just like all the sonds vanila and mods one and dosent want to shufle them all over agin manualy.

Edited by Alewalek

Really wonderful mod, but the first enemy type, the bloated humans (like the reaper zombies, but they don't develop into reapers), are WAY too many hit points and FAR too fast! Plus they resist pistol and shotgun hits. It's incredible what it takes to kill them. It's simply terrible game balance with these guys. They are the most plentiful, absorb enormous amounts of damage, and run like the wind.

I want to know where their speed and health is defined so I can edit it. If I change their stats, everything else is excellent.

Early in game XNT is designed to be hard challenge for the player in some way to reflect the human fragility. I suggest you to keep trying and not edit that unit, is better that you think about tactic.

There are too many way to deal with them, first research alien plasma pistol and spine thrower, you will unlock advanced SMG tech. This weapon is intented to deal huge amout of damage.

hey TD is there one way to alter the movespeed of the soldiers???(not the TU...just the speed of animation...i mean,the predator has a slower walking speed movement,and i want that)...i just feel the soldiers move a bit much fast for natural playing you know what i mean?(if you remember the old xcom had a slider to the movement animations)

hey TD is there one way to alter the movespeed of the soldiers???(not the TU...just the speed of animation...i mean,the predator has a slower walking speed movement,and i want that)...i just feel the soldiers move a bit much fast for natural playing you know what i mean?(if you remember the old xcom had a slider to the movement animations)

Yes there is a way in armours.xml there you will find the armor speed values.

The m16 and the 870 are basically worthless as is. An SMG should never deal more damage than a rifle. For the player that is unintuitive. Assault rifles exist because they do the job of assault better than SMG's could. SMG's continue to exist as backup weapons and for extremely special applications. I would expect SMG's in game to follow a similar principle and give soldiers a weapon that isn't as strong as an assault rifle, but is lighter and has an excellent reaction bonus. Something you issue to medics, or a shield user for when his shield fails. A shotgun should still hit hard (hell, offer a slug gun. Deals less damage and only has one pellet, but punches through armor) and rifles should possess armor mitigation.

Basically the starting weapons are pitiful now and it is unlikely that players will be able to follow the logic of developing smg's to solve the problem. If a medium machine gun doesn't hurt the enemy worth a damn, why would a SUB machine gun even scratch them?

Reality is balanced. Follow real world logic and you will have balanced equipment.

Hi.

First of all, this is a great mod. Makes the game much better imo. So, thank you for that.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to install 5.2 version if I had 5.0 already installed. Would the changes take effect and saves be compatible?

Yeah your right and the game follow that line of logic. SMG is an urban weapon but dosent mean that deal less damage than Assault rifles, they are different weapons, the SMG brust tons of bullets that deal less damage than standard assault rifle, but the result is even interesting, against unarmored units SMG in close range do it far better than Assault rifle. Assault rifle is a multiporpouse weapon more flexible to ranges and solid damage.

Starting weapons are not pitiful at all, I found them pretty wonderful actually, but aliens are totally superior to humans thats the real problem.

Against Gargols (Deformed humans) you need first to destroy his low ballistic armor and then they are suceptible to antipersonel wepoundry like shotguns and SMG.

Hi.

First of all, this is a great mod. Makes the game much better imo. So, thank you for that.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to install 5.2 version if I had 5.0 already installed. Would the changes take effect and saves be compatible?

Hello Dkay!

Im glad you like it, thanks for the support.

Yes is possible to update V5.0 to V5.21, but we recomend clean install. Unfortunally the change of game is save breaker.

In other hand you gain a totally new system, UFO dissembling, armors gives stats, flying armors make your units quicker but has lower defense, Body armor gives bonus on resistences and accuracy but they are slow and more more new features of the game.

Keep playing! And remember put yous suggestions and appreciations here :)

Can you check if the Gorgol tries to attack people through walls? I've had two cases of indefinite AI turn caused right after they moved right beside my soldier, except that they're separated by single wall.

Couldn't get a save because it's indefinite hang and I couldn't figure out the possible cause for it right until it happened.

Edited by ventuswings

Can you check if the Gorgol tries to attack people through walls? I've had two cases of indefinite AI turn caused right after they moved right beside my soldier, except that they're separated by single wall.

This is a issue not related to XNT, is a bug of V1.05F.

I recomendyou download the V1.07 and apply XNT mod.

^^

This is a issue not related to XNT, is a bug of V1.05F.

I recomendyou download the V1.07 and apply XNT mod.

^^

I guess you must mean V1.06HF. Sorry to ask you this, but has it definitely been stated elsewhere the problem has been fixed for V1.07? I can't use Steam so downloading each version is actually quite an investment, which is why I don't update anymore unless I know it fixes game-breaking bugs like this one.

I guess you must mean V1.06HF. Sorry to ask you this, but has it definitely been stated elsewhere the problem has been fixed for V1.07? I can't use Steam so downloading each version is actually quite an investment, which is why I don't update anymore unless I know it fixes game-breaking bugs like this one.

Did you have a saved game?

When devs refer to "LOS" fixed or readjusted. They refer to a lot of things.