(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Hey I have an idea. Cause as far as i know we can do now modify ammo type right? What about making all ammos TU's draining? Just slightly.

I think it would be useful to strengthen a little bit reaction fire. Cause now alien can get next to ur entire squad shot everything and maybe he will lose half hp but still it looks like nothing happened. Also the same effect would have an impact on soldiers.

It is some kind of a shock after hit. And it only would matter for TU's in this turn (so as I said before small enchantment for reaction fire).

XNT guys and the rest of the people what do you think about it?

THAT MASK IMAGE YOU GOT ON THE HANGAR

Eh :P You mean on picture of model in hangar once you build airplane ?

Hey I have an idea. Cause as far as i know we can do now modify ammo type right? What about making all ammos TU's draining? Just slightly.

I already tested this and it turned as rather bad idea.First reason is because I couldn't test it without proper debugger.Second it seems that it doesn't have effect if alien resist hit(and in this mod some aliens are resistant to ballistic other to energy ... what I want to say is that resistance varies from race to race and rank to rank so this will be hard to balance) .So what I got is alien capable for reaction fire even if I emptied whole clip.So until Solver make xenonauts_gc.exe compatible with CE I am not going to try and experiment with ammo AP drain,because I don't have full insight of what is going on.

Edited by Sentelin

Oh wait ... we may come to misunderstanding ... can you re-upload Attachment 4674 ?I think I didn't really fully understand you.Because I am getting:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Hello and thanks for posting! :D

Let me check, did you do the Alien Reactor found in Landing ships? Try to make Landing Ship Dissemblig and recover this ship Reactor. Looks like you miss Alloy Hardening.

Remember:

With the implementation of Dissembling you need 2 datacores of this kind of ships. Items.AlienLandingCraftDatacore(OR)Items.AlienCruiserDatacore(OR)Items.AlienBattleshipDatacore . Crusier dont unlock hardening because it dont have reinforced hull.

All that you need to do is Landing dissembling/Crusier/battleship and additional datacore of one of them to unlock.

:D

I do not have a tech for Alloy Hardening listed in my Xenopedia ( I it called Alien Armor Plating in game?), however I have already disassembled cruisers. I am able to build hovertanks, shields, and wolf armor which have Hardening as one of their requirements. So I am assuming I have it.

I do have a reactor tech as well. I can build up to Saracens and Valkyries. I think I pretty much have every tech in the game except the ones you get from raiding a base and singularity. I just loaded it up and tried disassembling a corvette, landing ship, and cruiser and still got nothing. Any other ideas? I am using yesterdays update with the hotfix that fixed landing ships.

I have a battleship core and can't disassemble that either, but I am assuming I need the carrier first.

On an unrelated feedback note, I really like the mod except for the commonness of vortex guns. The problem is two fold. The aliens have no sense of self preservation they just fire of repeated shots wounding and possibly killing themselves in the process. It makes taking alien ships a little silly as they just walk up to me and blast me and themselves in the face. The other problem is they annihilate cover so easily (while doing remakably little damage by comparison). So basically what happens is first shot they destroy the cover nearby and then my guys and the alien just stand out in the middle shooting at each other.

In regular mode, when you take an alien base there is a fun shootout as everyone with everyone hiding behind cover and this is noticeably missing from ID. The shotgun plasma they use is actually more dangerous as well since they become crack shots later on. It kind of makes taking the command center of the alien base boring as I just walk in pump 3 rockets and a few electro grenades in and call it a day.

Edited by SJOB

Is there curent core pack up to date with all the fixess, i read there was some problems with disemling ufos?

Is there any patch planed for near future, extending soldier backround ? I know u was planing to do this.

And 1 more question to makes things clear, from the config it seems that soldier can progress 2 TU per battle yes? or is it more and I just wrongly interpreate it.

Thanks

in core package soldiernamesfemale in folder armorimpjackal there are mens pictures that can be removed - just saying

Edited by Alewalek

Hi the TEAM :)

Can you put dates on the hotfixes to save confusion please ;)

Suggestion

Is it possible for you to make open doors as cover.

I.E. giving them a % of cover. As it stands, if a soldier is hiding behind an open door, in the tile outside the building, the door gives no cover... But I think it should...

On an unrelated feedback note, I really like the mod except for the commonness of vortex guns...

We are trying to find way to make this weapon more "useful" (this weapon has given us only headaches up until now ..).So far every experiment I tried blown right in my face.But Selgald came up with something (I and TD think that those changes may make this weapon OP but may be you feel different):

increased TU cost a little (only the super mega aliens can shoot 3 times)

I decreased the AoE effect for 0.5 points

I decreased the ACC by half (still they hit extremely well)

I increased stun dmg

In regular mode, when you take an alien base there is a fun shootout as everyone with everyone hiding behind cover and this is noticeably missing from ID

Hmm so from what I understood you want more "hide and seek " and less "all-out-war" in close quarter (Whisper:I don't miss hide and seek at all.Alien base mission in vanilla tend to draw way too much without much action-pack encounters and that's why I don't miss it. )?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4678[/ATTACH]

i guess you men this one

Yeah.

Edited by Sentelin

extending soldier backround ?

yes, work in progress, no ETA at the moment though. SoonTM

-------------------

I'm leaving the other questions to TD cos he has more knowledge on the disassembling system.

-------------------

@Blackwolf

The problem with your pictures (aside from those copyright uncertainties). Is that it looks very...ehmm: flat (I don't know art/painting expressions). I mean the other game models have some amount of 3Dness around them (shadows, light reflections), my Su isn't perfect but I still think it looks more like the game art than the one you are proposing.

Here is a comparission of my Su, F17, your Su, TD's recolor of my Su (the one that is in game)

http://postimg.org/image/3kt9rzn5z/

Looking at them like this I can see that both yours and mine could probably be moddified to look a bit more like the original (altough yours would need more work - it has the out-line factor that's present in the game model (unlike mine) but it's very flat as I said before. ).

Apollo is a different case. I couldn't find anything copyright free (and it was my first aircraft) so I made it from a free photo. Im happy about the quality of the art, but I know that it is somewhat different than the in game models. I'll try to make some adjustments when I have the time. But there is only so much I can do. Im no artist and I can't really draw them myself so the art will always be a bit different than that of in-game models.

edit: I tried to do apply some shading (and lighting?) to your picture, it could work, though I don't have the time for it atm.

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

We are trying to find way to make this weapon more "useful" (this weapon has given us only headaches up until now ..).So far every experiment I tried blown right in my face.But Selgald came up with something (I and TD think that those changes may make this weapon OP but may be you feel different):

Hmm so from what I understood you want more "hide and seek " and less "all-out-war" in close quarter (Whisper:I don't miss hide and seek at all.Alien base mission in vanilla tend to draw way too much without much action-pack encounters and that's why I don't miss it. )?

Yeah.

I have to point out that there are a lot of addition and it is pretty impressive that everything work so well. This mod is pretty great there are just a few nitpicks. (I think apollos suck)

As for the V gun, it wouldn't be a big deal if there were few of them. However, when I charge into a UFO and three of the four xenos are blasting away annihilating all the cover. And suppressing everyone in the room and destroying all their equipment they need to fly out of there I thinks something isn't right. :)

And in contrary to what I was saying, in the open outside of UFOs or it is kind of neat. It makes sense there because in general sowing terror and destruction buy blasting things it what the aliens should be doing. If you could some one make all of them go outside, like adding a specific enemy that only appear out doors, I would be a happy camper. Though I know it is not a mod just for me :P

Thanks for the work though its great mod.

Hi there, really enjoying the mod... except for the Caesans.

I've rage-quit a number of times due to multiple members of my squad going berserk in the same turn while stacking together to repel Vipers, etc, and shooting each other point blank. My alien base assault tactics literally consist of sending my soldiers to stand in such a way as to have no other friendly in LOS, or, if that isn't possible, to have cover against each other.

So.... I opened aiprops.xml, and found:

PsionicPower="600"

For Caesan Psions, Officers and Leaders, in both the 5.2 version and the 5.21 hotfix files. Interestingly, in v 5.0 the Praetor and Commander units also have 600 power, which are reduced in 5.2 to 100 and 120.....? In any case I've set the Caesan values to 60, 70 and 80 respectively, in accordance with 1.06 vanilla, which should hopefully make dropping all of my weapons all the time unnecessary - though I've found that some of the Advanced Ballistics weapons also do not do anything when the user is Berserking.

Hi there, really enjoying the mod... except for the Caesans.

I've rage-quit a number of times due to multiple members of my squad going berserk in the same turn while stacking together to repel Vipers, etc, and shooting each other point blank. My alien base assault tactics literally consist of sending my soldiers to stand in such a way as to have no other friendly in LOS, or, if that isn't possible, to have cover against each other.

So.... I opened aiprops.xml, and found:

PsionicPower="600"

For Caesan Psions, Officers and Leaders, in both the 5.2 version and the 5.21 hotfix files. Interestingly, in v 5.0 the Praetor and Commander units also have 600 power, which are reduced in 5.2 to 100 and 120.....? In any case I've set the Caesan values to 60, 70 and 80 respectively, in accordance with 1.06 vanilla, which should hopefully make dropping all of my weapons all the time unnecessary - though I've found that some of the Advanced Ballistics weapons also do not do anything when the user is Berserking.

There is very good reason behind this and we have implement Psionic Defense for some armors (Coyote for instance).But I will let TD explain this because he has most knowledge about AI parameters and why he set them that high.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alien Spine Thrower has no Xenopaedia image

Yeah we know and we are working on that.

Edited by Sentelin

ctd when try to go from base basic menu to garage

it lasts from vanila even for now?

well, second test shows that ctd happens when there rocket launcher for car is under manufacture. it shows not like a weapon addon but like +1 car slot (ctd happens when it grows more than 3 number in summ of all bases - i has 1 car in main, 2 rocket launchers producing in main = 3 garage slots used is showing and other base was produsing for its garage 1 car and 2rocket launchers, 1 is finished so when i go to that garage - its ctd because there no machines but 1 rocket launcher addon) and it ctd atall bases garage in that cituation

and waiting for expalantions about psi too (for now changed psi power to 60-70-80).

egg texture disapears (only shadow shows) on the next turn it succesfully attacks a civilian.

reload save game and full game reload doesnt rework that (but soldiers could aim on it).

but when it moves a tile - texture apear again as normal

texture of infected civilian (by the egg) moves down from the tile in which i am there are aiming (alien stays in its tyle but texture has just a slightly some bug as i think)

abducted human remnants swos as mix of something but the texture of the dead alien is as a full-form body (not close to my perfectnes-)) )

hey, doese sebilian non combatants use human smoke grenades? really? wow!

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

Hi THE Team

Just finished a grueling GC against a downed Corvette...

Do you know that a 'live' Sebillian Officer is worth the same as a 'live' Sebillian non-combatant? 500 creds.

This can't be right - Can you have a look at the credit values for live/dead recovery please and thanks.

P.S. LOVING your mod and testing the S**t out of this f****** awesome, bada***, majorly f****** GREAT mod!!!

Keep up the good work - can't wait for the next patch!!! ;)

light vortex projector has no image in xenopaedia too

funding cuncil report total funding shows difference between funding and maintetance but not the monthly overal change of funding (that woul be more apropriate info, because monthly payments i could see all the time and delta change 1 time in month)

and just intrested to know

in description of any alien species analys is told that it gives +10% damage to that alien species when researched. really or fake and just xenopaedia text bla-bla?

bug (or maybe undone or may be vanila undone) when research ended - but if i has 2 bases with researchers (and research was made on the second - go to base mive not to it, but to main base. must move to the base where researchers became free

alien alloy production has no image in xenopaedia, pity*(

no image of alien vortex projector when soldier takes it in battle (it shows as weapon but in the soldier texture- his hands are free)

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

I do not have a tech for Alloy Hardening listed in my Xenopedia ( I it called Alien Armor Plating in game?), however I have already disassembled cruisers. I am able to build hovertanks, shields, and wolf armor which have Hardening as one of their requirements. So I am assuming I have it.

Yes you need hardering, is the only that left. Sometimes in this game researches get struck like this, you can optional get a solution.

See whats your next current research, put all the Unlock for alloyhardering in that research.

And 1 more question to makes things clear, from the config it seems that soldier can progress 2 TU per battle yes? or is it more and I just wrongly interpreate it.

You can rise more TU per combat. :D

PsionicPower="600"

For Caesan Psions, Officers and Leaders, in both the 5.2 version and the 5.21 hotfix files. Interestingly, in v 5.0 the Praetor and

DId you get the last Patchupdate?

Since V5.2 Psionic aliens has that values, and now armors provide protections against LIMITED amount of Psipower

Go to the last Update Patch .22 and check the Aiprops.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

PLEASE GUYS, WE ARE TRYING TO TAKE ALL THE FEEDBACKS

PLEASE HELP US MAINTAINING ORDER AND RESPECT

WE'R MAKING A WORK HERE FOR FREE AND THIS SITUATION IS ONLY DRIVING US TO CANCEL THE WORK.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, JUST GO PLAY VANILLA INSTEAD OR HARASSING HERE OUR WORK.

Edited by TacticalDragon

when a ceasan leader tries to shoot the game just crash for me, happends with both regular and reaction fire, anyone know how to fix this ?

Hello manga!

Thanks for posting, first of all! Can you check if ou are running the correct .exe? take a look if steam dont upgrade the executable.

This issue interest me, can you send us a save file please?

Still haven't gotten that landingship fix pm from you.

I'm also experiencing a couple crashes here and there in-battle. One was by stepping through a collapsed building, but that was not reproducible. The only one that was was with an alien leader. Game crashes when i send a guy in front of his field of vision??

Here is the save[ATTACH]4685[/ATTACH]

V 1.06

Not sure if it comes from my game, vanilla, or your mod.

EDIT: Having read Mr. Manga's post, I think I might be in the same boat, except that I have not seen a Casaen leader fire (presumably because game crashes once it tries to run that equation?)

As always, exe is correct, and so are the game files. I have not had steam or any other 3rd party mess with my game files since 1.06

battle 5.sav

battle 5.sav

Edited by canshow