Realistic Aircrafts mod v1.0

SoloA

Features:

1. 20 new real planes.

2. 18 new real missiles.

3. 7 new real aircraft's cannons.

4. Total rebalance of the aircrafts and aircraft's weapons.

5. New aircraft's researches added.

Install:

Use a standard game function

Screenshots:

2najgg9.png

21e5mih.png

Future plans:

1. MOAR AIRCRAFTS!!!!1111 :)

2. Research and xenopedia pictures.

Bonus:

PSD files of aircrafts and weapons to create your own camouflage (17,8mb).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjkeoqbyxrg0w6x/Bonus.rar

Notes:

The scale of the aircraft in the hangar is 1m = 40.5 pixels, The scale of the aircraft on a base is 1 m = 7 pixels.

Changes

v. 1.1 (09.09.2013)

v.19RC3 supported

Xenopedia entries added

Research descriptions added

Manufacture descriptions added

Some minor changes

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6yqvi7lf9aimdow

http://rghost.ru/48660662

v. 1.0 (30.09.2012)

Base version

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4rxbc85ux1xacua/Realistic_Aircrafts_mod_v1.0.rar

Edited by SoloA
new version

Can we haz futuristical aircrafts plz?

EDIT: Okay, tried it out... however, I am going to need something in the Xenopedia - I really have no idea of the difference between aircraft and weapons other than the starting migs die real quick. That being said, I will experiment.

Edited by Max_Caine

Looks really great but I wish you elaborated more on the gameplay changes.

Actually, some time ago, I had an idea to replace the MiG with the Lockheed YF-12, a variant of the plane in the upper left corner of the screenshot.

It was a high-speed interceptor based on a reconnaissance model but the interceptor variant was quickly cancelled and only 3 were ever built. It more or less fits the Xenonauts timeframe and is the perfect kind of an x-file thing where an abandoned prototype is brought back and redesigned to fight an alien invasion. Not to mention that the plane looks totally badass. Really fits the profile of a Xenonauts interceptor while being "realistic". It even makes sense that you'd need to research it first.

In any case I can do these now with the visual resource you provided so thanks. :)

Edit: You even made the air combat models, nice.

Edited by Jean-Luc

Actually, some time ago, I had an idea to replace the MiG with the Lockheed YF-12, a variant of the plane in the upper left corner of the screenshot.

It was a high-speed interceptor based on a reconnaissance model but the interceptor variant was quickly cancelled and only 3 were ever built. It more or less fits the Xenonauts timeframe and is the perfect kind of an x-file thing where an abandoned prototype is brought back and redesigned to fight an alien invasion. Not to mention that the plane looks totally badass. Really fits the profile of a Xenonauts interceptor while being "realistic". It even makes sense that you'd need to research it first.

In any case I can do these now with the visual resource you provided so thanks. :)

You sort of don't need to, you'll understand why if you go hunting in the aircraft images and the aircraft.xml file. Obviously, spoiler alert, you have been warned.

Of the autocannon tried so far..... I like the first one the MiG21s are initally equipped with (the... G23, I think). Why? Longest range. Hands down, range is absolutely more valuable than damage caused per shot, as autocannon blaze away very quickly, and alien fightercraft have a nice long range on their zap guns. The quicker I engage a target, the deader it gets.

You're using my name but I feel you're talking to the op (the mod creator). Not sure what's going on.

your correct :(. sorry soloA, probably my affection for captain picard and severe fail on multitasking caused the mix up. -i'll edit it avoid mix ups-

Edited by dJm

I say ol' chap i do seem to have admiration for your exquisite work but i must say that you are missing a Vickers F.B.5 Gunbus. Might as well go the full figurative mile. We need all the good men in the air when the figurative airborn fecal matter hits the bladed air circulation device, what what.

A gunbus Vs a UFO????!!! Now that would be funny! Get to point blank range (somehow) and watch as the rounds from the Lewis gun ping harmlessly off the UFO's thick armour!!!

Seriously though - a Harrier would be nice. If it ran out of fuel it could just land in a field, and wait for a tanker or something so that it can get back to base.

Really nice to see my fave there (F-4), the Viggen and Lightning

Edited by ooey

How about the UD-4L 'Cheyenne' from ALIENS for late-game

Cheyenne is a dropship. It's very difficult for me now. Maybe in future i will try to add some dropships to the game.

Seriously though - a Harrier would be nice

Harrier has low speed. Thus, it will be difficult to intercept the enemy. This disadvantage can try to balance by other parameters, or just give it a supersonic speed.

I tried transferring the starting aircraft to another base, but it causes the game to crash. So now I have a borked save since I cant de-commission them.

I will test it again, but my game in such cases did not crash.

Edited by SoloA

Really nice work with all mod! Though you really need to add xenopedia entries for those, as in it's otherwise really really hard to figure out which is good at which - xenonauts isn't built for that many options, so as it is, so many options really hurts the gameplay instead ^.^

Hello,

Alien: what this, a tiny craft, big deal. whaa... that explosion, damn blew a hole in my hull! yahhhhh crashhh...

Xeno: yes! gotcha, [radio] base, UFO craft 1 is permamently zero airborne, send clean up team

Alien: dang it... those little buggers (xenonauts) sure know how to deconstruct my ship!!!

Xeno: Roger, sending Alpha squad

Alien: what is that. not the same tiny craft. oh shit! take cover... take cover... fix that damn radio fix it.

Rookie: hey theres 1, fixing gizmo... [aim gun] bang.

Alien: [death groan]

Rookie: I bag one! I got one!

R