(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

you guys are the goddamn reincarnate evil.

corvette crash site: containing the entry route quite easily, until FROM NOWHERE pop up the alpha prime beast, i just panicked (and most of my men too, surprisingly) and rushed all of them to the chinook.

guess what? HE GODDAMN LEAPED INSIDE THE CHINOOK! >_< i was like "wtf he's flying????"

lured out sacrificing one of the rookies, but the few others survived the escape!

quite intense moment, this mod is just a masterpiece! :D

also loving the new xenopedia entry about different warheads and tips to play, very immersive and helpful.

Hahahahha thats the idea, tha some kind of vipers can jump.

Its a shame that we need to remove this feature from the game :/

Thank you for all your suggestions and feedback!

Early game balance and difficulty has changed in the last bugfix.

Any other comment or detail about this is welcome.

I am playing on veteran u asked before. If its like u say then we shall see. I hope game will not thorow everything she saves now, on me in one time it will be unfair:P

About dificulty level whats the difrence beetwen insane and veteran anyone knows? I mean in GC and geoscpae, invasion faster what else?

Wao... they are quiet different, Alien invasion is 10% quicker, alien has 25% more attributes (That mean... if an alien has TU 100, in insane will have 125!!" :S

Hi guys

Question 1. In the Barracks, Hire Soldiers screen I'm left with only women to recruit. Is it possible for you to re-program and have the Hire Soldiers re-set randomly, say once a week (PLEASE :)).

Question 2. On the 'Farm' maps there is long grass (destructible), does it ask as cover? What is the % of cover? i.e. light/medium.

Question 3. Shame you left out the AK47 again - I put in in manually from items.xml. Could you please add its ammo in the next hotfix? I've tried but am not capable to add it myself. PLEASE :)

Edited by Gengis Dhen

Question 1. In the Barracks, Hire Soldiers screen I'm left with only women to recruit. Is it possible for you to re-program and have the Hire Soldiers re-set randomly, say once a week (PLEASE ).

We can only reduce chance that games pull female soldier (what you are asking is in source code)

Question 2. On the 'Farm' maps there is long grass (destructible), does it ask as cover? What is the % of cover? i.e. light/medium.

I never had chance to check this out ... because I always set them of fire by accident.

We can only reduce chance that games pull female soldier (what you are asking is in source code)

I never had chance to check this out ... because I always set them of fire by accident.

Cool, can you reduce the chance of females in the next hotfix please.

So we are not sure if long grass acts as cover? I'll test it...

Question. Shame you left out the AK47 again - I put in in manually from items.xml. Could you please add its ammo in the next hotfix? I've tried but am not capable to add it myself. PLEASE :)

Hi guys

Question 1. In the Barracks, Hire Soldiers screen I'm left with only women to recruit. Is it possible for you to re-program and have the Hire Soldiers re-set randomly, say once a week (PLEASE :)).

Yes will reduce it :)

Thats require lot of tiles modification but is possible, let me check if there is a UNIQUE tile for grass.

Question 3. Shame you left out the AK47 again - I put in in manually from items.xml. Could you please add its ammo in the next hotfix? I've tried but am not capable to add it myself. PLEASE :)

I will follow your suggestion, I will make the standard rifle and Ak47 available and different from each other.

Thanks ^^

Dropping the min recruit bravery level to 25 may be pushing it a bit. As a result most of the soldiers are junk. A lot of pointless hire/fire cycles. Easy enough to fix on my end, so I certainly don't care, but it may be a bit extreme in terms of balancing.

You could leave it super low (or even lower) but offset it with extremely rapid bravery gains. I feel like bravery increases rather slowly either way. Once you fight the aliens, you are likely going to adapt quickly and have morale check failures far less often. These guys are seasoned veterans in theory. They aren't inherently cowards and most are used to putting themselves in harms way, they simply have not fought aliens before. They, of all people, would likely adapt readily.

Dropping the min recruit bravery level to 25 may be pushing it a bit. As a result most of the soldiers are junk. A lot of pointless hire/fire cycles. Easy enough to fix on my end, so I certainly don't care, but it may be a bit extreme in terms of balancing.

You could leave it super low (or even lower) but offset it with extremely rapid bravery gains. I feel like bravery increases rather slowly either way. Once you fight the aliens, you are likely going to adapt quickly and have morale check failures far less often. These guys are seasoned veterans in theory. They aren't inherently cowards and most are used to putting themselves in harms way, they simply have not fought aliens before. They, of all people, would likely adapt readily.

The moral proggression is improved, doubled and Vortex, Smoke and even suppression give a point in the increases.

And we have other Add-on. "Power Suits" gives a good moral boost, they are idea of Solver, helmets with music of "Two Steps From hell" to keep soldiers fighting.

Give me any comment about progression of your low morale soldiers.

:cool:

Edited by TacticalDragon

BLOOD AND DESPAIR TESTING VIDEO

This short video capture the most intense and terrific moment playing XNT Into Darkness... Aliens attack multiple zones of the earth and I only manage to carry 6 soldiers to this mission, two of them with RPG Sulfur SS-6.

[video=youtube_share;FIhi6p8i0ks]

Watch on HD 720, Only on youtube!

hello guys ...first of all..this looks amazing...but i cant play it :C, i do all the steps like you said,also reemplaced the EXE in the root and put that "extras" xml in the root files (i mean..i literally unpacked the zip in the root ,but i run the game and is all vainilla..i readed the gameconfig.xml and says XNT into darknes 5.1 ...so im pretty sure i replaced all the stuff..but still i dont gent anything of the new stuff..even the features that should appear on new games are gone(example apollo)...i do something wrong ,plz help me i really want to try this amazing mod :c

hello guys ...first of all..this looks amazing...but i cant play it :C, i do all the steps like you said,also reemplaced the EXE in the root and put that "extras" xml in the root files (i mean..i literally unpacked the zip in the root ,but i run the game and is all vainilla..i readed the gameconfig.xml and says XNT into darknes 5.1 ...so im pretty sure i replaced all the stuff..but still i dont gent anything of the new stuff..even the features that should appear on new games are gone(example apollo)...i do something wrong ,plz help me i really want to try this amazing mod :c

Ok quick question does your launcher looks like this:

Untitled.jpg

If it does than you have installed mod successufully but you still haven't progress far enough in the game to unlock new features.

If it doesn't look like this then you should again extract content from main core package you downloaded into assets folder and overwrite everything when you are promt.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg.6dd465bc64bd4a5a06a135052cf

Edited by Sentelin

Hi, yer sorry to sound dumb but in some 'other' links they say to install 5.2 + hotfix... Maybe their posts need updating...

CWE = Corporation Weapons Expansion (CWE) for XNT 5.2+hotfix.

I got a bit confused this morning with it all...

After installing XNT, hotfix, and CWE I was about to install Kabills map pack and noticed in XNT core files (inside assets) there was no 'map' folder.

I uninstalled everything and started again. I now have noticed that there is NO map folder in XNT.

A bit confused... :confused:

I just downloaded Core 5.2 on my other computer and it seems that file placement in zip is messed up. There is asset folder and some files in root directory. There is Xenonauts.exe and readme with license. But there are also in root and NOT in assets xml files (strings, manufactures, items, gameconfig, aromours). I belive those xml files should be in assets folder.

NO map

Oh for the love of god TD..... ok here is what you need to do.Just copy "map folder" from vanilla assets into XNT:ID modded game (in assets folder) and then apply Kabill mod pack.

Edit:Actually everything is fine here.We didn't include any maps so that's why there isn't "map folder" in package.We are using vanilla maps which can be find in assets/maps.

I just downloaded Core 5.2 on my other computer and it seems that file placement in zip is messed up. There is asset folder and some files in root directory. There is Xenonauts.exe and readme with license. But there are also in root and NOT in assets xml files (strings, manufactures, items, gameconfig, aromours). I belive those xml files should be in assets folder.

Just extract Xenounatus.exe and assets folder.Don't extract anything else (TD fix this please it confuses people)

).Rest of files which are outside assets folder are just "experimental" left by mistake.

Edited by Sentelin