(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Guto this is stand alone huge mod, not many other can be used with that , becasue many mods use same files. U can use mappack recomended in first post, probably other mappacks too- but i said probably. You can use FItH mod - details in first post ass well.

I am using mods that change soldier pictures, insignia, ass well as some uitextures from skitso opresive mod, jus liked his blue ships on geoscape map and blue soldiers and vehicles models instead of green ones, balistisc weapons looks great ass well and his medals are much beter then vanila ones.

All working with that mod you can test some wtuff yourself just make sure that when u adding files they dont change any file that is in that mode, i would aloso be cautios about any mods changing game mechanics casue this one change it a lot. Probably focus on visual ones.

Edited by Alewalek

Question

I asked on relevant Post.

"Hi catmorbid

With your permission, can I add your AK47 start-up rifle to XNT ID mod?

I love your work and want to give my Soviet and Eastern troops the AK for that aesthetic feel...

Is it possible?

What files would I need to extract from your mod?

Will I need to start a New Game (Can't see why but thought I'd ask)?

Can I use other (more advanced) weapons if put in the relevant folders? Same type of files I presume."

Any chance of an answer here?

Not to sound desperate, but my post got into the previous page, so I was afraid noone would see it :P

I saw but I am trying at same time to respond on multiple questions.

So, I would like to ask, what mods do you recomend alongside this one? UI, graphics, tweaks. I see a lot of interesting mods on the forum, but I am unaware of those who play together well etc.

Only mods compatible with XNT:ID right now are mods that change appearance of game (new armor textures,backgrounds,medals and so on).However it's not fully compatible with Oppressive UI and if any of those mods contains files like gameconfig.xml you need to overwrite them with XNT:ID files with the same name (Note:In some cases this will not do and you will have to merge that file with XNT:ID file).

Also, any advice to almost 100% new guy to the game? And some tips on the mod aswell, buildings, research, tactics, you name it.

There is new "Strategy" entry in Xenopedia that get's unlocked whenever you run on something new.Otherwise check first few pages of old thread (http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10689-%28New-version%29-XNT-Into-Darkness-V5-0-PlatinumDragon-%28New-Game-Universe-Mod%29).And If you have any specific question after that write here :)

Edit:Links are not down you can download mod freely (problem is that music pack is unnecessary because all sounds in that package are in main core,so I will remove link for optional music pack ... ).

Edited by Sentelin

Question

"Hi catmorbid

I love your work and want to give my Soviet and Eastern troops the AK for that aesthetic feel...

Is it possible?

Can I use other (more advanced) weapons if put in the relevant folders? Same type of files I presume."

Wait for TD to answer on this question because he knows better than I how this function.

So, I would like to ask, what mods do you recomend alongside this one? UI, graphics, tweaks. I see a lot of interesting mods on the forum, but I am unaware of those who play together well etc.

Also, any advice to almost 100% new guy to the game? And some tips on the mod aswell, buildings, research, tactics, you name it.

Thank for posting, we'r glad you like the mod ^^

About other mods is better that you list it here, this mod change too much files and lot of other mods are uncompatible.

In the official thread and in game you will find useful tips that help you understand the mechanics of the mod.

Question

"Hi catmorbid

Is it possible?

Yes you can add other artworks and make Ak47 available, the only thing that you need is

- Search and replace ak47.png image in "weapons" and "gui/weapons" folders.

- Go to "items.xml" and look for the entry of "ak.47" weapon and make it "Unlimited".

:)

Yes you can add other artworks and make Ak47 available, the only thing that you need is

- Search and replace ak47.png image in "weapons" and "gui/weapons" folders.

- Go to "items.xml" and look for the entry of "ak.47" weapon and make it "Unlimited".

:)

Hi TD

Quick question though...

You say to search and replace ak47.png image in weapons and gui/weapons folders...

Does this mean that this mod (XNT ID) has the ak47 later in research? If so, I'll wait till I research it... Hope so... ;)

Hi TD

Quick question though...

You say to search and replace ak47.png image in weapons and gui/weapons folders...

Does this mean that this mod (XNT ID) has the ak47 later in research? If so, I'll wait till I research it... Hope so... ;)

This weapon is only available for militia, but If you want it to unlock it the only thing that you need is go into items.xml files and make it unlimited. The Ak47 is not a weapon from Catmorbid mod, is a weapon from vanilla.

This weapon is only available for militia, but If you want it to unlock it the only thing that you need is go into items.xml files and make it unlimited. The Ak47 is not a weapon from Catmorbid mod, is a weapon from vanilla.

Done that TD and it looks great!

One last thing on the subject though, it has standard assault rifle ammo...

Guess I'll have to do some messing around to get it right...

That's vanilla thing.It works like this:

1)If alien is close enough and your soldier has enough TU for burst shoot he will burst fire.

2)If alien is out of range for burst fire,soldier will fire few snap shoots (how many shoots will there be it depends on TU that remained)

3)If alien is even further,soldier will fire aim shoot (how many shoots will there be it depends on TU that remained)

This will happen regardless which weapon mod is selected and you don't have real control over it.And yes any bug you encounter report here.

@Gengis Den

I read your report but I didn't understand.

Edited by Sentelin

@Gengis Den

I read your report but I didn't understand.

Abducted Human Remanent alien - The big headed, purple, melee only alien.

When this alien is shot and hit, it moves to an adjacent tile. If shot and hit from a different angle, it moves again.

Hope this is clearer, surprised if you or anyone else hasn't encountered this before as it was happening in the previous version.:confused:

IMPORTANT ADVICE NO.46

Hello Community,

Today goldhawk has the official announcement of release of Xenonauts Patch V1.07. Please take in consideration this thing:

- XNT Mod V5.2 is completely compatible with the V1.07

- STEAM will auto update the game system, IF this happens lot of content of XNT V5.2 is deleted

- If Steam make autoupdates, do a simple thing REAPPLY the XNT Mod V5.2 again

- Run the game and enjoy!

We suggest to disable steam Auto-Updates to avoid this kind of problems!

Thank you! :D

We suggest to disable steam Auto-Updates to avoid this kind of problems!

Disabeling auto-updates + running the game through the exe file (instead of steam). Otherwise it will update anyway. Because who cares about logic :P.

Or you could copy the game to a new folder and use that folder for your XNT game.

FpxBs2a.jpg

FpxBs2a.jpg

FpxBs2a.jpg.d8802668f3239512e77020d7cb63

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

I will do that at some point once I get more time to play the game, mate, it is on my list. I've just had about 3-4 missions over the past couple of weeks since the WC started, otherwise I'd have done it already. Well, that and the disable alien animations not working for me :(

Warning: Fire In the Hole gives lot of tactical alternative to players, but at the same time alien Eggs inside UFOs can be very dangerous, proceed with cautions.

Tactical Dragon, you mean than they would happen into the ufos than?

In "Fire In the Hole" mod the internal UFO layouts has change and in XNT UFO interiors has... some kind of creature that make intrusions dangerous but not lethal xD