A Hero

I met a hero today. My team was clearing out the area around a landed UFO when we heard several shotgun shots. As we closed in on the sound it happened again. Several more shotgun shots were fired. Finally, we arrived and what we saw was incredible. On the ground were two reaper corpses. A short distance from them was a crouched sebillian soldier trembling with fear. In the middle of the scene was a farmer with at shotgun. He had singlehanded taken out the two reapers while keeping the sebillian in check.

Hero.jpg

Hero.jpg

Hero.jpg.15901f72e7f5be6fe051d6533e4a402

I would wish to tell you this was magically impressive, but I actually pointed this out a few days ago, seemingly only now people are picking up on it, the Reaper AI is being derp face when it comes to civ units.

As for the Sebillian, no idea how he suppressed that guy with a shotgun, but damn.

You can do that? or you were just poking fun :P ?

No, sadly, you can't. Although I'm suddenly taken by the idea of you being able to hire civilians you encounter in ground missions Men In Black style. It might give you an incentive to try and save them, then!

Yea, I was very shocked when I pulled my first reaper in a ship. Luckily a rifle reaction fire picked it off before it ambushed my troops.

I move a fair bit more carefully now, and refuse to take night missions whenever possible.

"What the heck is that? WHAT the HECK is THAT?!"

My exact words when I saw the Reaper rushing into my line of soldiers for the first time. It stopped 2 squares away though.

No, sadly, you can't. Although I'm suddenly taken by the idea of you being able to hire civilians you encounter in ground missions Men In Black style. It might give you an incentive to try and save them, then!

Especially if the civilians were like the MERC discount mercenaries from Jagged Alliance 2, basically incompetent.

Corvettes en route to a Terror mission will have Reapers. If you find a Reaper in a Corvette, it means you've saved a city before they could even get there.

I actually looks like all Seb ships Corvette or larger have at least one Reaper in their crews, except for Landing Ships which only have them on certain missions.