Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Variety in "human" weapon types or "we don't all use the M16"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    The 2 aircrafts fill 2 different roles unlike 2 assult rifles. The way the game is currently designed wouldnt let 2 assult rifles be different enough to fill 2 roles without infringing on the other weapons present in the game.
    Ok, I understand how the dev's implemented a weapons system, and why do not a greater variety of small guns. I agree, we should let them finish the game. More variety can realy add modmakers

For the Soviet addon, I think there should be a "supplier" button on the weapons screen where you can switch between NATO and Soviet weapons, which would be more aesthetic than having two assault rifles and two shotguns etc displayed. I also think they should be identical stats-wise and purely aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Alex View Post
    Yes, but some things can be different. For example, the AK may be less accurate, but to be able Auto shot twice (use less TU) from the turn and have more power shots (if hit the target).
    Oh, I agree that it'd definitely be possible to distinguish the AK and the M-16, but I think Chris is right to say that there isn't enough practical difference between the two for an indie dev with an extremely limited budget to justify adding in the AK, as opposed to, say, the difference between a shotgun and an assault rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    For the Soviet addon, I think there should be a "supplier" button on the weapons screen where you can switch between NATO and Soviet weapons, which would be more aesthetic than having two assault rifles and two shotguns etc displayed. I also think they should be identical stats-wise and purely aesthetic.
    Yeah a nice and simple way to keep the interface uncluttered.
    It would also allow modders to use that feature, for example adding an upgrade tab or just to keep two sets of modded weapons in separate places.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    indeed +1
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens

Fine idea for a mod, but not something I'd like to see personally. One of each of machine guns, rifles, etc. is more than enough for me.

re-skinning starting guns seems pointless to me (even with slightly different stats) at best we will use these weapons for about the first few hours of play and then toss them for better tech.

there is alot more things I rather see implemented first, before something like this.

Gotta agree on this being minimal priority. If we were talking about a more JA2 type tactical combat with the ability to climb, sneak, shoot specific body parts, quite a bit of statistical differences between weapons, being able to find or build the perfect tool for the job is important. With this it seems a bit frivolous, though.

The post about the M16 being more likely to kill the user got me thinking, what if we just reskinned the Assault rifle? Not the other guns, or character sprites, but the one assault rifle they'd make an AK? Since we have the soviet and American planes contributing what they're best at, we can have american and soviet guns, picking the best of each, right?

I guess what I have a problem with right now is that ALL of the weapons are nato in orgin.

That would mean redoing all of the animation sprites for every set of armour just to change the look of the weapon.
    Highly unlikely to happen unless Chris already has the animations ready for the soviet pack.
    I just look at it as certain nations are providing different support.
    One may send weapons while others provide more aircraft, like the Mig and Chinook.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator