Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11)

What X-Division version you are using? Have you updated it since started new game?

Too bad you don't have older save game, that way I could check if problem is possibly in mod loader or something.

The latest version, I was originally using 1.00.10 before updating to 1.00.11. However I updated the game only a short time ago, long after I should've unlocked the Wolf armour.

Your save game says something about X-Division workshop support mod being used. That may be the problem if it somehow messed mod load order and wolf armour research is taken from other file than X-Division one.

You can test it quite quickly, starting new game and rushing those technologies. Just use Xenonauts_GC_editor.exe and autoresolve battles (V) and/or use editor (U) to capture technicians.

I suppose I'll take this as an opportunity to start a new game on a higher difficulty, NG+1 or NG+2, since I've found myself doing very well mid way through Phase 2. I'll remove the workshop mod and see if it makes a difference, I'll try around with GC Editor and see if I can blitz through and see if I can get Wolf with that workshop mod removed. 

---

Speaking about the game, is there any practicality in taking Ballistic guns over Energy guns? Outside of ballistic Shotguns/Carbines and maybe one Ballistic Minigun, I've found the Energy Guns (Up to Phase 2 at least) far more versatile and effective, especially when it comes to Sebillians and more so Androns who are more resistant to ballistics than energy. 

7 hours ago, Steelpoint said:

I suppose I'll take this as an opportunity to start a new game on a higher difficulty, NG+1 or NG+2, since I've found myself doing very well mid way through Phase 2. I'll remove the workshop mod and see if it makes a difference, I'll try around with GC Editor and see if I can blitz through and see if I can get Wolf with that workshop mod removed. 

---

Speaking about the game, is there any practicality in taking Ballistic guns over Energy guns? Outside of ballistic Shotguns/Carbines and maybe one Ballistic Minigun, I've found the Energy Guns (Up to Phase 2 at least) far more versatile and effective, especially when it comes to Sebillians and more so Androns who are more resistant to ballistics than energy. 

Good idea. I don't recommend lower difficulty than NG+2 for serious game.

Question is more "how many guns type X" rather than "only guns type X". Ballistics have higher suppression and some of them have shock effect (SMG, Carbine), so there are uses for ballistic guns too. For purely making damage, energy weapons are better choice. Best idea is to mix of both. I could tell more specifically but that would be some kind of spoiler :)

I think the game kinda answered my question in that the Chief Scientist does state in one of the weapon reports that its up to the player to determine if the weapons of a specific class are actually viable against the Aliens, he's only giving us options on the weapons he can make and we have to pick the right ones. 

----

On a separate note. I got tried of trying to keep track of the Aliens I've captured and not, so I decided to make a spreadsheet to better keep track. I'll link a copy of it to share for anyone else who wants it to help keep track, it has categories for Ceasans and Sebillians for all four phases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e3FD_S84vprEYlspu4zUlzi6Ax_0Ii-oNsHdT3c-eBE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Just some minor feedback on terror missions.

I think these missions are in a good place balance wise (by NG+2 standards), I was barely able to win my first Andron terror mission via some good fortune and the loss of a few soldiers (I was able to occupy a building to the south east of the landing zone and hold em off from there and I barely got mk1 laser weapons out before the mission started).

My main issue is that I dislike the removal of the '20 turn free vision' feature, where after 20 turns you get full vision of the map. 

I feel removing that is akin to removing having full vision of an Alien base when you occupy the command centre. It really helps in clearing out the last remnants of the Aliens and speeds up the last leg of a long mission. If the feature is too open to abuse then I'd be fine extending the min timer to 30 turns, or maybe even setting it that you only get the free vision when less than X enemies remain plus 20 turns have passed.

13 hours ago, Steelpoint said:

Just some minor feedback on terror missions.

I think these missions are in a good place balance wise (by NG+2 standards), I was barely able to win my first Andron terror mission via some good fortune and the loss of a few soldiers (I was able to occupy a building to the south east of the landing zone and hold em off from there and I barely got mk1 laser weapons out before the mission started).

My main issue is that I dislike the removal of the '20 turn free vision' feature, where after 20 turns you get full vision of the map. 

I feel removing that is akin to removing having full vision of an Alien base when you occupy the command centre. It really helps in clearing out the last remnants of the Aliens and speeds up the last leg of a long mission. If the feature is too open to abuse then I'd be fine extending the min timer to 30 turns, or maybe even setting it that you only get the free vision when less than X enemies remain plus 20 turns have passed. 

First terror mission is quite easy with right equipment. Lasers, Fox, Alenium rocket/grenades etc.

Hard to tell about terror mission balance overall. Currently on phase 3 first terror mission early second month is only terror mission I had so far. Just because that terror ship was first and only I wasn't able to shoot down. Another one got through once but that was base attack.

That issue is very easy to fix. Just go to directory ....\xenonauts\assets\mods\Charons Changes, Psi, Sounds

And locate Config.xml Edit XXX part.

<CombatWindow>
    <RevealAllTiles afterTurns="XXX" /> <!--For Town, SovietTown and XenoBase tilesets -->
  </CombatWindow>

And put there 20, 30 or whatever you like. Affects on base defence missions too.

Is there any way to turn down the overly loud sound effects of when the xenomorph spawn? It's overly loud and not affected by in game settings and pisses me off everytime.

5 hours ago, 720pee said:

Is there any way to turn down the overly loud sound effects of when the xenomorph spawn? It's overly loud and not affected by in game settings and pisses me off everytime.

No idea what sound you are exactly talking about but probably those sounds could be found on directory Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\audio\sfx\Xenomorph

Just search what sound that is, then make backup copy of it, make copy of another "not so loud sound" and rename it into what that loud sound name was.