A nickname?

Chris

How about 'Short Stick?' Referring to the stun baton and also the fact that said Xenonaut apparently drew the short stick back at Xenonauts HQ or in the Chinook on the way to the drop zone.

I like Shock Jock, but I really like the vaguely derrogatory sense of Short Stick. Honestly, no one chooses the stun baton as a tactic, they are given it because they are either bad or because they are outranked. Which, as players, is how we decide who has the baton : rookies, or rookies with poor stats.

Perhaps if a Short Stick performs admirably, he could be promoted to a Shock Jock...

Meatsheild, definity meatshield. That, or if advaliable, rookie.

Both these terms have well established definitions already; different definitions, too.

Meat shields wear heavy armor, carry healing supplies and take enemy fire, rookies are recruits.

How's about short straw?

Isn't that the person drew the short straw implied by the name "short stick" already while still also referencing to the melee weapon?

At least that is what XenoNUT was going for when he made the suggestion.

(Personally I want to reference British police officers not carrying guns :P)

Edited by Gorlom

• 2 weeks later...

Pvt Spartan: Sir! Aliens guarding the ship....again.

Sgt thothkins: Ignore the AI Private. Get the gear ready.

Pvt Spartan: Sir! Laser carbines fully loaded!

Sgt thothkins: Not those! Get the speakers into position! We're going to have it large!

Pvt Spartan: Sir?!

Sgt thothkins:You better have been practising those dance moves Private. I've told you before about wasting time on that firing range.

• 1 month later...

The DLC pack should automatically add a new role to the roster, "LN" (Laser Ninja), which automatically equips a glowstick in each hand and gives your Xenonauts "Laser Ninja Armor" which is free and infinite and consists of only cut-off jeans shorts for guys and a bikini with sarong for the girls. Naturally male and female armour would have soothers, spiked hair and translucent visors worn upside-down.