[unofficial] POLL : UFOs & Being Horrible

Kreny

What is Your opinion on splitting UFOs mission into two parts?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your opinion on splitting UFOs mission into two parts?

• I want everything in one mission
    • Split only large UFO missions into two parts
    • Split all UFO missions into two parts
    • I have no opinion on this

Hello,

let's have unofficial survey about Chris decision he made in http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/3105-UFOs-Being-Horrible. Maybe we will identify what is the most common opinion among community on this important topic and give Chris good feedback.

I personally voted for splitting only large UFOs because I think it is smart compromise.

edit : if You feel voting options are not clear, please let me know

Edited by Kreny

I didn't vote.

Although I would like all missions to be on a single map I understand that it may not be technically feasible so I would prefer only large UFO's to be split.

I would probably have voted for a 'keep UFO missions to as small a number of parts as possible' option.

I also think it is too early to be voting on this until we get more information from Chris when he returns.

I agree with Gauddlike, I would have voted the same as him. We don't really know what sizes could conceivably made in one map, and which couldn't. For instance if only the largest 2 UFOs required 2 part missions that wouldn't be too bad, but we have yet to hear from Chris how many UFOs would really need to have this fix...

The reason they can't all be on the same map is some UFOs are large. I think the largest X-Com UFOs are about the same size as the mid sized UFOs in this one. Therefore to have the map be big enough to fit the UFO and some exterior for the dropship to land and the aliens to hide would mean that it would have to be huge!

Also there may be something wrong with getting multiple stories. I'm not sure

I voted for "I want everything in one mission". In the previous games there were no UFOs that where big enough for me to split them in two parts.

The cruise ship mission from hell.

Yeah good example! For me it was long and boring - but I don't mind liberating ports or cities. But it is about UFO we talk here.

I voted for the "Split only large UFO missions into two parts", since size does matter and I dont really feel the smaller need to be be on a separate mission/screen.. after all it is not the Doctor and his Tardis we are fighting... or am I mistaken something (have not looked that closely on the end level aliens ;) )

If UFOs are so large that they don't fit on a map... shouldn't the UFOs be smaller? Not all, perhaps, but most of them.

I'm getting worried that landed UFO missions are going to get like those long, long TFTD base attack missions. It sounds like gigantism that isn't necessarily called for.

X-Com's missions after large UFOs were fun, even though the UFOs themselves were relatively small. Maybe in part because they were small and tight, not despite that.

I can't imagine spending the time to clear even a single deck ship that covers a whole map. There would/should be dozens/hundreds of compartments crammed with machinery. It would take forever. My experience on warships is that the even when a compartment is large it is usually filled with equipment and narrow walkways to get around said equipment. The only exception I can think of is an aircraft hanger and flight deck, but those are usually full of planes and service equipment.

Edited by StellarRat

People seem to think its a choice between all in one map missons or "two parters." Its not. Two parters is a solution to a problem that occurred. Two parters will be avoided if its possible as i understand from Chris part 2 in "ufos and being horrible."

If the problem with the big ships is solved then there wont be "two parters."

If not there is no other way.

So this vote is superfluous, because its not depending on which one you guys prefer. Its depending on which one is doable.

People seem to think its a choice between all in one map missons or "two parters." Its not. Two parters is a solution to a problem that occurred. Two parters will be avoided if its possible as i understand from Chris part 2 in "ufos and being horrible."

If the problem with the big ships is solved then there wont be "two parters."

If not there is no other way.

So this vote is superfluous, because its not depending on which one you guys prefer. Its depending on which one is doable.

at first, this poll was published when there was not part 2 and at second, it's visible that most people will "tolerate" two parters on large UFOs. If majority of voters demand no two parters at all then it could have its value as well for Chris decision.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I say 2 part for big ufos and up

bases...clear the outside, then inside

big space ships are like that to, (remember UFO and TFTD? ship took up the whole map more or less), it should track your entry point into the space ship when you transition to "all troops inside" so if 3 go in here, and 4 here, and 6 there, they show up in the right spot inside the ship