Ah done captured mah first alien scum!

It seems that a frag rocket to the face is enough to KO a Sebillian guard. Admittedly the research project currently reads as "####" but hey! alien scum! Captured!

Only thing I will say that I don't think aliens turning a lovely shade of azure blue when stunned really works for me.

A frag rocket does as much stun damage as it does actual damage, and has no armour penetration. Verses guards and higher-level troops (esp. Sebilians), the shot won't kill, but it will drop the HP of the trooper enough that the stun damage will knock it out.

Anyone know if any additional research stems off stunning and capturing aliens? so far when i have capture then researched one it just says "A MIG-32 is a...."

I seem to remember Chris saying that he wanted every research topic to yield an immediate benefit; so whether researching does you any good right now, I believe it should do so in the beta/final game.

When do we get the stunner? I've yet to see it in the equipment screen. I added a couple of flashbangs for that purpose, but ended up not using them since I later decided they must only be for suppression.

After you research Alien Biology the stun baton appears under equipment

Well, after it worked the first time, I tried again, and again, and again with frag rockets. Didn't work. They all croaked. I'm guessing the random damage modifier was sufficently low in that particular case that after stun damage was applied, it was more than the HP?

Honestly, I'd rather not go toe-to-toe with something that could take a frag rocket to the face and only be KO'd with a stun baton...

Soon we are getting a melee mode on every weapon so I suggest that you drop a fraggrenade down his pants, shove a smoke grenade down his windpipe and clobber him over the head with an incendiary rocket. If you feel that the stun baton is too tiny and not intimidating enough that is.

(Or use the medpack in the current version to lacerate and give him a bunch of bleeding wounds)

Soon we are getting a melee mode on every weapon so I suggest that you drop a fraggrenade down his pants, shove a smoke grenade down his windpipe and clobber him over the head with an incendiary rocket. If you feel that the stun baton is too tiny and not intimidating enough that is.
I don't think I'd ever want to get close enough to one of 400 lb. reptiles to drop a grenade down it's pants...but sneaking up and give it a hotfoot with a flare then watching jump around the battlefield swearing in alien might be kind of fun.

I don't think I'd ever want to get close enough to one of 400 lb. reptiles to drop a grenade down it's pants...but sneaking up and give it a hotfoot with a flare then watching jump around the battlefield swearing in alien might be kind of fun.

Chicken! He can't move during your turn! He already reaction fired once on Thothkins, he probably doesn't have any AP left... it should be safe you yellowbellied scardy cat!