On holiday!

It probably sounds like I've been away an awful lot recently, but I've got a proper holiday booked this time. I'm over in Istanbul from Sunday to Wednesday evening to check out a bit of Turkey, so I won't be around during that period.

I was hoping to release Build V8.2 today but neither the guy carving up the UFO into sections and the guy doing the spritesheet processing for all of the renders has got back to me, so I can't. It's a bit of a shame as it's not far from being done (in both cases it'd only take an hour or so to put the files in game) but I'm not going to release the new build without its two crown jewels. I did spend all day assembling the Research tree and writing Xenopedia entries though, so at least that's all done now!

Good news, everybody! Well, for you guys at least...

Most of the UK is on strike today, including the airport border guards, so I had to cut my holiday short and fly back a day early as all the flights with my airline were cancelled for today. So the good news is that instead of chilling out and enjoying myself in Istanbul I'm back at home today and working on V8.2. I've added all the new sprites to the game and I'm working on getting the basic UFO map in the game now - the latter is proving harder than expected but we're making progress.

Istanbul was great though. It was (unexpectedly) colder than London but it was a really interesting trip. Could have done with a few more hours there to finish it off but I enjoyed myself. Leventalpsal, we had a stroll down Istiklal avenue and went to some of the bars on the side streets there on our last evening and had a great time. Food and atmosphere there was much better than in the standard touristy areas around the hostel so it was worth the trek!

What a rotten way to end your vacation

-Another DX reference

"Whats going on over here?"

Guard: "Striking at the airport, no flights taking off tomorrow"

"What? But, I was supposed to leave tomorrow"

Guard: "Tough luck"

"Can I take the flight home today atleast?"

Guard: "Nope they just ended getting people on the plane, flight leaves in 40 minutes"

"Can you just make an exception"

Guard: "No and don't even think about knocking me unconscious, that never wo-"

*He punchs the guard in the face and knocks him unconscious*

"I never asked for this"

He then procedes to take his flight home

Deus Xeno: Isometric Revolution