(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Not sure yet about that but is terror mision not too dificult?

I presume they have to be dificult but my first was nightmare what about next? And is there any chance to save anyone unless u charge on aliens and let them kill u? Cause I have saved 0 civilians in this case its beter have relation penalty then go into mission that has no sense u cant win that - I mean u cant anyway have less penalty so what the point losing soldiers?

And u can double the damage from c4 where it is in backpack its suprising when once i forgot i use c4 for 1turn timer and then changed mind and dint thorow it, c4 explode but my soldier survived :) probably u cant do this but it was funny. I develop new tactic kamikadze without dying.

Edited by Alewalek

First of all - thank you for the help earlier, applying hotfix fixed the CTD and I'm enjoying the game again.

I followed your advice with the disassembly and it's indeed a nice boost of cash.

Now I've hit a new wall - Alien Alloys. The amount you recover seems kind of low, considering you down an entire ship, often large, and get a small fraction. Even if Xenonauts have to share it with locals and funders, those ships are still much bigger than the amount it takes to make a gun.

I don't think it's worthwhile to add grind to the game that's already quite long on hours. I've completed 25 missions and have ran out of AA trying to equip 10 soldiers.

What I would do is increase the amount you get 5x, but also increase the amount required to build Fighters 5x.

Makes sense when a fighter requires more alloys than a sniper rifle (even with 'unlimited' ammo).

I would also add a small amount of AA to the airstrike rewards.

Edited by Tenet

well, wounds stay, unhealed hp stay too

This is a vanilla bug, this don't have nothing to do with XNT. I beg you to try to look in bug section first for something that is not managed by the mod. Usually XNt change Accuracy, Wounds, Weapons, Research paths, Graphic environment and Combat mechanics. This is not intrinsic with any development in the mod. I notice this too and already report it!

Now I've hit a new wall - Alien Alloys. The amount you recover seems kind of low, considering you down an entire ship, often large, and get a small fraction. Even if Xenonauts have to share it with locals and funders, those ships are still much bigger than the amount it takes to make a gun.

Hello Tenet!

You can produce alien alloys in this mod, check "Armor" tabs in manufacture screen!

:D

And u can double the damage from c4 where it is in backpack its suprising when once i forgot i use c4 for 1turn timer and then changed mind and dint thorow it, c4 explode but my soldier survived :) probably u cant do this but it was funny. I develop new tactic kamikadze without dying.

Yep, We notice the same, some terror missions (Not all) are punishing and about C4 your right, this need a damage boost. Remember that there is a way to activate the C4 without been in the area and you dont need to way to the timer.

This is a vanilla bug, this don't have nothing to do with XNT. I beg you to try to look in bug section first for something that is not managed by the mod. Usually XNt change Accuracy, Wounds, Weapons, Research paths, Graphic environment and Combat mechanics. This is not intrinsic with any development in the mod. I notice this too and already report it!

Oh... sorry than. Its not easy to devide them when i am playing in XNT-)))

Well...and what about the situation of ctd (alien sit in the 1 lvl desert house (sand-like brik) and rocket kill himm... down the roof?

its just strange and somethin other must trigger it because at the previous turn i killed in another the same house by same method and with same result 2 aliens.

tested anothertime- if roof doesn't collapse- no prob.

asi think its too vanila bag as a game freeze, when something strange with caesian officer

i killed him by reaction fire in alien turn, he fell dead and the game freeze (never ending freezed alien turn)

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

Could someone tell me what should trigger Battleship spawns? We had a seve before I think in the beginning of 1980 with a BS mission and with not the most advanced technology. Currently I'm in april, don't have any available research (already have MAG, Predator armor, Marauder etc.) and still doing Carrier missions with my supertroopers :D I could really use a Praetor from a battleship to advance in the story (I think smaller ones never have them, only BSes and maybe bases?)

I may stop playing this campaing and wait for 5.3, because it will be totally different I think and I should not get so used to dominating the aliens :D

Could someone tell me what should trigger Battleship spawns? We had a seve before I think in the beginning of 1980 with a BS mission and with not the most advanced technology. Currently I'm in april, don't have any available research (already have MAG, Predator armor, Marauder etc.) and still doing Carrier missions with my supertroopers :D I could really use a Praetor from a battleship to advance in the story (I think smaller ones never have them, only BSes and maybe bases?)

I may stop playing this campaign and wait for 5.3, because it will be totally different I think and I should not get so used to dominating the aliens :D

Go ahead and try the final mission.

Its possible that V5.3 will be save breaker because to the amount of coding modifications.

There is a surprise in final mission ;)

Well, not anymore, really. I found a more OP thing :D Veteran soldiers (I mean ones fighting from the start) in Predators with MAGStorms, with like 150 TUs and 120 Acc can move a lot and kill nearly anything with 1 burst (witch they can fire 4 if standing still). And they have insane Hit% from like twice the max range of the weapon, even without the crouching bonus (because it's bugged over 100 accuracy).

Anyway, next time I will start on veteran because I have played a lot of XCOM and Extraterrestrials, but this run was good for testing and getting used to the game (haven't really played the vanilla).

TD, say, doese there any special changes in XNT from level of the game? i prefer to play "hard". but intrested - more alien crew, faster ufo waves, agressivness, somewhat else?

And maybe somebody ever mentioned.

<Armour name="armour.colossus">

<stockTextureName>armourimages/colossus</stockTextureName>

<dragTextureName>armourimages/colossus</dragTextureName>

<weight>0</weight>

<strengthBoost>100</strengthBoost>

<hidehands />

</Armour>

It is unused in the vanila game, yes?

Well, not anymore, really. I found a more OP thing :D Veteran soldiers (I mean ones fighting from the start) in Predators with MAGStorms, with like 150 TUs and 120 Acc can move a lot and kill nearly anything with 1 burst (witch they can fire 4 if standing still). And they have insane Hit% from like twice the max range of the weapon, even without the crouching bonus (because it's bugged over 100 accuracy).

Anyway, next time I will start on veteran because I have played a lot of XCOM and Extraterrestrials, but this run was good for testing and getting used to the game (haven't really played the vanilla).

Is a nice test! I really know, but you maybe could be the first one to pass XNT Into Darkness from beginning to end.

;)

And yes, Heavy Armored veterans using top research weapons are monsters.

Yep, We notice the same, some terror missions (Not all) are punishing and about C4 your right, this need a damage boost. Remember that there is a way to activate the C4 without been in the area and you dont need to way to the timer.

Yea I know you can do this but I Think it's bug c4 is not able to explode without detonator.

TD tell please about modded aspects levels of the game

and ones more question. May be not you, but Solver

Community mod you posted is 0.24, yes?

when i load XNT:ID - shows Xenonauts 1.06 (but there is clear 1.07 at the start) and Community mod 0.21

Doese it is wrong or something?

And one bi-i-i-i-ig question... you showed the ability to make armor-psi-defense.

So its parametr is very inrtesting - could it be implemented in, for example, to weapon? or it's no matter because aliens has no morale/bravery?

TD, one question. Forced Omega. Killed without casualties and even problem (4 rockets, abot 10 mg bullets, 6 rifle, 4 sniper, and 4grenades +3 flashbags for suppression - it supress even from basic grenade in 100% times)

Question. At the omegas courpse i founded 3 gas grenades. - Omega fires tham or what they are there doing?

And about research - Alien Armor plating - its from omega's happen or how?

So no gas grenades from mission-(( i saw my soldier put them to backpak eh... corruption spread even through xenonauts!

And TD! I understand what corevete make so many news-activities happening - when they are on terror mission/

plus may be text not right - when new weapon aquired from battlefield - in geo popup screen is: "Research completed.

New projects available

Alien plasma canon"

- so i go to see free scientists, but its justnew research availiable

if that is somewhere moded, i wish to know and change that. ir its better send it to bugreport? I wish to renamethe head to "Investigation Complete" or "Preparations" ets

TD tell please about modded aspects levels of the game

and ones more question. May be not you, but Solver

Community mod you posted is 0.24, yes?

when i load XNT:ID - shows Xenonauts 1.06 (but there is clear 1.07 at the start) and Community mod 0.21

Doese it is wrong or something?

And one bi-i-i-i-ig question... you showed the ability to make armor-psi-defense.

So its parametr is very inrtesting - could it be implemented in, for example, to weapon? or it's no matter because aliens has no morale/bravery?

XNT:ID V5.22 use CE 0.21 we updated dev build (v5.3) to use CE 0.24.So nothing is wrong here,wait few more days until we release v5.3.

TD, say, doese there any special changes in XNT from level of the game?

Do you mean by this on difficulty of game ?If you do I don't get it.Because aliens UFO invasion is faster if you play on veteran than normal and it's even faster if you play on insane.UFO wave system is "randomized",in other words it doesn't follow vanilla methodology

of wave system.There is a chance that Medium UFO spawns early in game when you don't have means to stop it and also Air superiority missions (Fighters) or you could get lucky and avoid any of this until you are ready,so you never know (but if you play on veteran and insane you should expect this).

Aliens crews are fairly large,an example is Light Scout UFO where crew can be of 9-10 aliens that seems more than enough for me at most people and UFO crews are "randomized",they vary in numbers,ranks,races so again most of the times you don't know what hit you unlike in vanilla where you know exactly.

Edited by Sentelin

XNT:ID V5.22 use CE 0.21 we updated dev build (v5.3) to use CE 0.24.So nothing is wrong here,wait few more days until we release v5.3.

Aliens crews are fairly large,an example is Light Scout UFO where crew can be of 9-10 aliens that seems more than enough for me at most people and UFO crews are "randomized",they vary in numbers,ranks,races so again most of the times you don't know what hit you unlike in vanilla where you know exactly.

Thanks for that. Ill wait and now - repeat the try with 5.22

About insane - i was intresed what difference XNT (besides vanilas) implement between hard and insane modes.

And i really like the randomized species. Its make the feeling everytime new challenge, but sometimes i find for example clear sebilianswithout any other species support - doese it normal? Saw that couple of times in large scout and corvete.

Even alien weaponry randomization of ufo defenders - is as i dreamed. So you'are dream solver-)

and strange bug with zephir smg.

when i land, from the first turn ihhas 16/20 bullets. (ihas two soldiers - they are the same)

sav needed?

And i really like the randomized species. Its make the feeling everytime new challenge, but sometimes i find for example clear sebilianswithout any other species support - doese it normal? Saw that couple of times in large scout and corvete.

As I said it's random so yeah it's normal to sometimes get only "Sebillians" or any other alien race plus from time to time few aliens die in crash and you should take that into count to.

Edited by Sentelin

And about research - Alien Armor plating - its from omega's happen or how?

So no gas grenades from mission-(( i saw my soldier put them to backpak eh... corruption spread even through xenonauts!

Congratulations! Kill omega viper is a ... hard challenge. What did you mean with "corruption"?

Did you unlock the research with the omega killed? or stunned?

Right now some armors provide Psionic defense already :D

Wolf armor, Predator, Buzzard, Sentinel will give you time and help you to avoid at least 3 Psionics attacks.