V22 Experimental 7 Hotfix 2 Released!

Do it then, it's just a couple of numbers in tilerenderer.xml.

I prefer the new look tbh. The darker colours make the FOW look ugly and square (the same reason why we lightened it for the day missions).

Yeah, I get it why you wanted the change. It looks way cleaner and smoother this way, so in that regard I agree, it does look better. Night time ambiance is gone though... Oh well, it's gonna be part of my Oppressive UI Mod then I guess. :)

EDIT: This is the look I was after:

bRfPe8u.jpg

EDIT2: As I mentioned earlier, there's something still off with the night time FoV logic. After looking for it, I found at least one hint of an issue there. It still doesn't update correctly. Check my bug report here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9961-V22-7-Night-time-Fow-STILL-doesn-t-update-correctly?p=109968#post109968

Edited by Skitso

This is the look I was after:

bRfPe8u.jpg

Don't you think this makes the soldier look as though he has headlights like a car? I think this was the feeling that made me think the new lighting was better. Though the point about there needs to be more contrast is valid too imho. But the soldier appearing like a light source appears strange to me. The new system also has this effect but since it is dimmed, its not that noticable.

I'm so in love with Xenonauts right now, can't wait for the last few things to get fixed and sorted. It plays so well with the exception of a few bugs related to the recent changes in LoS, LoF and AI. There are of course things unticked on my personal wishlist for the perfect X-Com game, but you really nailed your vision and made an incredible game. Can't wait to see what Goldhawk will do next, I could think of no better candidate for a proper Jagged Alliance 2 sequel, just saying. In any case, I'm sure I will be playing Xenonauts for many years to come. Thank you for delivering on everything that made me back you on kickstarter and more. The only regret I have is not backing enough to get my own soldier into the game.

Edited by Morgurthion

I'm so in love with Xenonauts right now, can't wait for the last few things to get fixed and sorted. It plays so well with the exception of a few bugs related to the recent changes in LoS, LoF and AI. There are of course things unticked on my personal wishlist for the perfect X-Com game, but you really nailed your vision and made an incredible game. Can't wait to see what Goldhawk will do next, I could think of no better candidate for a proper Jagged Alliance 2 sequel, just saying. In any case, I'm sure I will be playing Xenonauts for many years to come. Thank you for delivering on everything that made me back you on kickstarter and more. The only regret I have is not backing enough to get my own soldier into the game.

Agreed. Even if I think that the may 31st release date is premature.

Thanks. We'll actually be making a small announcement on what we're working on next shortly after we release Xenonauts, so don't all disappear immediately as soon as the game is out.

I would really like to see an expansion for xenonauts.

Having a REALLY GOOD and EXPANSIVE flagship game is a must for a starting game developer. That way when people say "what is goldhawk interactive?" another guy pipes up and says "they are the devs that made xenonauts", and the first guy replies "Oh yeah! I loved that game, it was awesome!".

I will support goldhawk no matter what they decide to do, but would rather have them perfecting and adding content to 1-3 really good games, then coming out with a whole bunch of "ok" games.

You guys should take a break though after xenonauts releases. You have been working hard.

Edited by legit1337

Yes, take a long holiday. It's lovely here in Oregon this time of year. 80's F, everything blooming, no rain, beer festivals, the sun doesn't go down until 8:30 PM, wineries have their tasting rooms open, the coast is nice, the mountains are nice...We love Brits, Italians, and whatever else has money to put in our economy...LOL.

THEN back to work on our patches and Xenonauts II: Attack of the All Seeing Space Lizards! With the new Double Deluxe 3D Mega Engine!

There are rumors that Firaxis is beginning work on the next XCom chapter.

Can't say if it's for better (all quality turn-based tactical squad games will cumulatively help to grow the genre) worse (cutting into potential Xenonauts sales) or immaterial (Firaxis and GH are targeting different markets) but Xeno 2 may have competition

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/firaxis-teases-new-project/1100-6405852/

Xenonauts 2 is a bit premature lol.

I'd like to see an expansion pack, something like: "Xenonauts: Olympus Initiative" which adds space ship combat in the solar system to the game. Features include an expanded spaceship to spaceship combat system on the 3d plane, boarding actions against enemy ships or against your ships, a ship designer where you can design the interior of your vessels etc.

Something like that integrated with the core game. Not that it is exactly what I want, I was just giving an example.

Edited by legit1337

There are rumors that Firaxis is beginning work on the next XCom chapter.

Can't say if it's for better (all quality turn-based tactical squad games will cumulatively help to grow the genre) worse (cutting into potential Xenonauts sales) or immaterial (Firaxis and GH are targeting different markets) but Xeno 2 may have competition

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/firaxis-teases-new-project/1100-6405852/

That gamespot article is from March of last year. Given what the author describes in the trailer they showed at PAX, it was probably for that expansion they did for EU. Can't remember the name. Shite.

EDIT: Remembered immediately after posting. Enemy Within.

What we are working on next will not be Xenonauts 2, nor an expansion for Xenonauts. I've had enough of Xenonauts for now, it's too early for a sequel and the basic tech used in the game precludes us wasting any more time on it.

What we are working on next will not be Xenonauts 2, nor an expansion for Xenonauts. I've had enough of Xenonauts for now, it's too early for a sequel and the basic tech used in the game precludes us wasting any more time on it.

Will you still continue patching xenonauts after release?