Mixing two systems is completely and utterly idiotic, eventhough it might be done somewhere in the world. Standardization is how the world goes forward and not back to the dark ages when feet were counted from the average length of feet from 30 loyal subjects to some outlandish, incestous, corrupt monarch.

Edited by Raakku

Heights and weights also change system depending on circumstances. Anything health related will be metric. Anything DIY won;t be.

TIRED of all your friends calling you names ??

Want some extra for the holidays? Read this!

You WANT to be "A Bigger Man!"

it can be done

Amazing FRENCH Invention helps millions of Men just like YOU

No Longer "MR. 4 1/4"

Safe, 100% All Natural, 100% Success Rate

200px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

ORDER THIS AMAZING E-BOOK TODAY

Just $39.95+shipping

Le Système International d'Unités

Imperial for anything that is about medium size (height of a person, alien, gun weight, approximations) and metric for everything else. Honestly, imperial is good for estimates (Everyone knows what a gallon looks like, but what the hell is 3.785 L?) while metric is good for precision. Murika all the way!

Imperial for anything that is about medium size (height of a person, alien, gun weight, approximations)

of course, to establish what is small, medium or large it really has to be measured in hands, then the imperial approximation can begin before conversion to metric. Simple!

(Everyone knows what a gallon looks like, but what the hell is 3.785 L?)

Your premise is false. I have no clue what a gallon looks like. or how much 5 feet is. I never come into contact with Imperial measurements in my daily life. The only use for it in Sweden is the size of TV/monitor screens measured in "thumbs" (Which I'm not sure if it is the same as an inch or not)

ok all very intresting ..

but has anyone ever lost a game of xeno cos they thought the distance to the alien was 100ft when it was actually 33.6m?

I don't check distances. I just send up a rookie to spot and then have everyone hose the alien down. Or if i'm chunking something, I just count the squares.

And that's another thing. How do you "throw" stuff in this game? I had an ammo mule with rockets, but she couldn't chuck them to the rocketeer.

There was talk of a trade type area in the inventory screens of ground combat.

Not sure what form it would take though.

Maybe something like a list of other people in range of the transfer (set range in the xml?) so you can drop the items on those people to give them the item?

Something easy(ish) to implement.

The UI is pretty much final so the only other way I can see would be to adjust the grenade shortcut so you can select non-grenade items to throw.

That might not be as easy as it sounds though.

Grenades are set as weapons and the quick button fires that weapon, it doesn't just propel them through the air.

Over 40% of Americans believe evolution is a lie and creationism is the truth.

Young Earth creationism, mostly, not the compromise kind.

Flat Earth Societies consist of a mix of eurotrolls and true believers almost exclusively from US.

US is really only one foot part of the world, the other foot in its own.