EurekaSeven

What would be the Less-lethal concept in X2?

Chris had mentioned several times about the infiltration missions that you need to play in favour of a less-lethal way, and I'm curious that if so, would the less-lethal arsenal from X1 would be expanded. In the original game we only have batons, flashbangs and incapacitating agent (stun grenade), it works pretty well if you want to capture some aliens, but I wonder would they be enough for doing infiltration mission (especially when the human soldiers start to equip gas masks), and would the devs considering adding new weapons (e.g. Tranquilizer darts, riot guns, CS gas and tasers). It would be difficult to balance such weaponry as well, such as if you have taser that can knock out human soldiers instantly or a tranquilizer sniper rilfe that have a relatively long range, they would be too powerful in game as these weapons can work for early stage aliens as well.

Key thing is to make the stun weapons different. Stun gas is really cool because no lethal weapon works similarly (even the chemical grenade in X-division has a more limited role). If they add riot snipers I will riot.

XCOMFiles has flashbangs that seriously enhance the stun game. They halve TUs, but they also halve melee dodge. You can also bleed out opponents or scare them into surrendering, both of which encourage a mix of lethal and nonlethal.

It's probably not "stealth" missions, because that just doesn't work as a mission unless you go Invisible Inc and add tons of mechanics.

This is somewhat off-topic, but what about aliens surrendering if their position becomes hopeless?  Yeah, I know, the aliens are essentially lower animals with implanted pain stinulators, so they couldn't usually surrender.  But suppose some human discovers how to neutralize the pain stimulators.  I'd make the alien reactions unpredictable to some extent (e.g.: run away; join the humans; kill self; hunt for alien commanding officer if there's one on the field.

Aw, the balancing problems would probably be endless.

Flashbangs can make an enemy bleed to death?  Really?

We will see. It comes in the next Beta. After testing it we can say something about, not before. We all only know that special Missions are comming and Stun will be a Main-Part for the advanced up to the superior Research & Development.

Everything else is an absolutely unnessecarry speculation.