[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

Hi, I`ve been trying to get this excellent looking mod to work all morning and am struggling! First up, the Xenonauts launcher only gave me an option to install xenophobia. I ended up copying XNT 5.31 over top of original game files. Then pasted Xenophobia files of top of this and finally the patch. All looked good- lots of weapons, ammo and other tweaks straight off bat. But game very unstable and kept crashing. Then realised I had forgotten the XNT 2nd hotfix. So downloaded and pasted over top of previous. Upon restarting the ammo and extra weapons are gone. What is the correct order of copying in files and what other mods or folders do I need to get this to work correctly?

Hi, I`ve been trying to get this excellent looking mod to work all morning and am struggling! First up, the Xenonauts launcher only gave me an option to install xenophobia. I ended up copying XNT 5.31 over top of original game files. Then pasted Xenophobia files of top of this and finally the patch. All looked good- lots of weapons, ammo and other tweaks straight off bat. But game very unstable and kept crashing. Then realised I had forgotten the XNT 2nd hotfix. So downloaded and pasted over top of previous. Upon restarting the ammo and extra weapons are gone. What is the correct order of copying in files and what other mods or folders do I need to get this to work correctly?
  1. Vanilla v1.08,

2. then ALL of XNT files,

3. THEN lastly all of Xenophobia files.

Lastly, you will want to use the EXE that is included with XNT (don't overwrite with the one from Xenophobia as its too unstable).

Thanks. Currently on V 1.09. Take it that's a no-no. Do I have to re-install from scratch then? Re-coped all game files and noticed that all weapons are missing bar those my men came equipped with.

Ok, now I restarted a whole new game and weapons are back. But awesome flamethrower and AK 47 missing.

Edited by scorryuk

Thanks. Currently on V 1.09. Take it that's a no-no. Do I have to re-install from scratch then? Re-coped all game files and noticed that all weapons are missing bar those my men came equipped with.

Follow the installation instructions, else you are going to have issues. v1.09 vanilla game are fine to install over (I use v109). Don't expect your old save games to work and when installing mods of this size, you should expect to start a new game.

I found bug. when you use multi-shotgun with stun. it says 95% acc at close range but end up miss 100% of time.

to be sure i save it in three different situation and shot at them about 10 times each.

i have deleted the game and reinstalled it to be extra sure but same thing.

do you know what's the problem??

it works fine with ap-ammo

I found bug. when you use multi-shotgun with stun. it says 95% acc at close range but end up miss 100% of time.

to be sure i save it in three different situation and shot at them about 10 times each.

i have deleted the game and reinstalled it to be extra sure but same thing.

do you know what's the problem??

it works fine with ap-ammo

Bad RNG rolls most likely. Still a 5% chance to miss so yeah. Granted I've never had that bad of RNG but it is possible. My Multi Shotgun with stun ammo does work fine however.

I also find that sometimes Xenonauts (the base game) has done this to me with the normal rifles. Most likely just a vanilla bug/intended feature and probably not a result of Slayer's mod.

Edit: Also slayer, since the reversion to 0.25CE I have had no crashes at all after 10 hours of play, that includes the M79 crash. Those bugs all seem to be an issue with 0.26CE, the animation issue with the AK seems to have gone away as well.

Bad RNG rolls most likely. Still a 5% chance to miss so yeah. Granted I've never had that bad of RNG but it is possible. My Multi Shotgun with stun ammo does work fine however.

I also find that sometimes Xenonauts (the base game) has done this to me with the normal rifles. Most likely just a vanilla bug/intended feature and probably not a result of Slayer's mod.

Edit: Also slayer, since the reversion to 0.25CE I have had no crashes at all after 10 hours of play, that includes the M79 crash. Those bugs all seem to be an issue with 0.26CE, the animation issue with the AK seems to have gone away as well.

it is possible. I guess.... but I am stilll not getting the 95%... don't know why...ap ammo works fine...

but every time i try stun ammo I miss...

I just stop using them all together.

it is not game breaking or anything so.. just little bit annoying that's it

it is possible. I guess.... but I am stilll not getting the 95%... don't know why...ap ammo works fine...

but every time i try stun ammo I miss...

I just stop using them all together.

it is not game breaking or anything so.. just little bit annoying that's it

Its not just you mate, I've noticed this as well that for some reason the shotgun's stun rounds just "dont hurt" when the pellets hit a target. ALL other ammos work fine. I'm gonna try a few adjustments to see perhaps if it's a mitigation issue with armor, but it should work just fine, which is also kinda weird that Dapper is actually not having an issue. Hah.

EDIT: I found the issue with STUN ammo for the shotty, its fixed in the next update. But to fix it yourself, just open weapons_gc.xml and put 5 normal damage on the stun ammo type for the shotgun stun ammo.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Great work!

I was annoyed with the generic "ballistic" names for the starting weapons, so I went into the strings.xml and changed some of them. I also changed a some of the ammo names (e.g. "Ammo - 7.62mm (Belt)" and "Ammo - 7.62mm (Magazine)"). I also changed "Basic Armour" to "Tactical Vest" (seems more appropriate). Lastly, I capitalized letters (for consistency) and fixed spelling errors whenever I came across.

This stuff is nitpicky (so it's largely a waste of time for experienced modders), but it really adds a some nice detail imo. Hope you don't mind.

[ATTACH]5185[/ATTACH]

Best,

Arma

strings 1.3.6.zip

strings 1.3.6.zip

Its not just you mate, I've noticed this as well that for some reason the shotgun's stun rounds just "dont hurt" when the pellets hit a target. ALL other ammos work fine. I'm gonna try a few adjustments to see perhaps if it's a mitigation issue with armor, but it should work just fine, which is also kinda weird that Dapper is actually not having an issue. Hah.

EDIT: I found the issue with STUN ammo for the shotty, its fixed in the next update. But to fix it yourself, just open weapons_gc.xml and put 5 normal damage on the stun ammo type for the shotgun stun ammo.

ok i will do that. thanks.

and found more bug.

1. when you dissemble Corvette in the work shop and go to air craft the game crash. this just happen to me. I will run more test and let you know.

Edit : yep. the game crash when ever I do corvette dissemble. and after that I go to aircraft section in the base. and if I don't go to the aircraft and just let it finish I get #### in the research. and after a bit it goes away and I get pop up. so I guess it is working as intended?

2. After researching electro shock grenade. if you go to ammo section in the soldier equipment in base. the game crash.

and not a bug. but sledgehammer should have shorter production time.

I know it is pretty good early damage melee weapon. (I guess.. I rarely use them) but 20 days to produce it? I think it is too long(main reason I don't use it I guess. when you can make multi ammo guns with few more extra days. no reason to go for sledgehammer). but this is just me. other people might find it ok.

Edited by mlbghoon

ok i will do that. thanks.

and found more bug. when you dissemble Corvette in the work shop and go to air craft the game crash. this just happen to me.

I will run more test and let you know what is the problem.

and sledgehammer should have shorter production time I know it is pretty good early damage melee weapon. (I guess.. I rarely use them) but 20 days to produce it? I think it is too long(main reason I don't use it I guess. when you can make multi ammo guns with few more extra days. no reason to go for sledgehammer). but this is just me. other people might find it ok.

What do you mean "goto aircraft"? Do you mean when you completed the manufacturing of the Corvette Disassembly then press the button "Goto Aircraft" when it pops up the message? I just did that last night and had no problems, thats strange.

I'll make adjustments to the sledge time too.

I edited my post. add one more bug i guess.

and what I mean by it. select aircraft equipment section in the base right after you start disassemble corvette.

after it is finished it has no problem. just when is in process i guess.

here is what I added on old post.

=========================

Edit : yep. the game crash when ever I do corvette dissemble. and after that I go to aircraft equipment section in the base. and if I don't go to the aircraft and just let it finish I get #### in the research. and after a bit it goes away and I get pop up. so I guess it is working as intended?

2. After researching electro shock grenade. if you go to ammo section in the soldier equipment in base. the game crash.

==========================

Edited by mlbghoon

Hallo, I must say, that this version is very good no freeze during cca 8h play. UFo rewards are good too, but I have question, no more $ revards for alien plasma battery AMMO ?

in the newest version. you get it in your inventory so you can sell it or research tech needed and use it.

in the newest version. you get it in your inventory so you can sell it or research tech needed and use it.

I am planning to do this with pretty much all the items recovered from crashsites.

I have other plans that involve being able to disassemble stuff to recover Alenium and Alloys. Such as taking apart recovered reactors to salvage the Alenium....etc. Of course, this means that you will have to micromanage selling this junk off too. BUT that is how it was in XCOM, it was up to you to sell the corpses and recovered artifacts...

I'm looking into the shock grenade crash to see if I can get it to happen.

I am planning to do this with pretty much all the items recovered from crashsites.

I have other plans that involve being able to disassemble stuff to recover Alenium and Alloys. Such as taking apart recovered reactors to salvage the Alenium....etc. Of course, this means that you will have to micromanage selling this junk off too. BUT that is how it was in XCOM, it was up to you to sell the corpses and recovered artifacts...

I'm looking into the shock grenade crash to see if I can get it to happen.

yep that sounds good.

I love micromanage. I will just help you out with test playing since I am not so good with modding. but I am good at finding a bug. lol

I have applied patch 1.3.6 but game still crashes when I hit the "Energy" button. ( Or do I have to restart a new game ?)

Any chance to get back the "memorial screen for dead soldiers"?

Nice Mod!!!

here you go

===

Attention: v.1.3.6 has been reverted to use CE 0.25HF EXE for stability. Any saved games created with v1.3.0 to v.1.3.2 will not work. Many many apologies, but its for the best to avoid crashes!

===