[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

So I found a bug, it seems the M79 Grenade Launcher (first one) crashes the game whenever used in GC. Not sure what's up with it, I may check out the scripts if I have the time to see if I can find the issues I'm having.

Have the same issue. Also have a save that makes it reproducible if needed. I am fairly certain I have been able to use it but not certain under what conditions.

Ok so with the M79 it seems to only sometimes hang the game. It seems entirely dependent on the map that's generated and is a fairly random hang.

That being said, I currently have Kabill's map packs installed so I'm curious as to whether that might be breaking it and I'd be curious if anyone else having GC hangs is using it.

Edit: Correction, it apparently has to do with where melee aliens are located sometimes which I believe is a known issue.

Edited by Dapper

Ok so with the M79 it seems to only sometimes hang the game. It seems entirely dependent on the map that's generated and is a fairly random hang.

That being said, I currently have Kabill's map packs installed so I'm curious as to whether that might be breaking it and I'd be curious if anyone else having GC hangs is using it.

Edit: Correction, it apparently has to do with where melee aliens are located sometimes which I believe is a known issue.

Correct, this is a known issue with all melee aliens that if they arent able to perform a reaction attack, they cause the game to freeze. I've also noted that the crash with explosives does seem to be semi-random on large city maps. Some maps I have this happen to me, but most maps, it doesnt happen at all.

Best guess is that the map pack files from the merged map pack mod isnt fully working with v109 or CE 026, but I have yet to see an update for the map packs lately. Hopefully when they do an update, I can get them remerged with whatever fixes they make.

Well, I'm glad its not the weapon, but sad that you discovered the other uncommon crash. :(

May be I found some bug with hunter cars + rocket launcher, when I shoot rocket to the next sector on te map - game freeze. Map FARM - for example when rocket fly over crop field to sector with road and landed UFo, rocket stuck on the border of this area and all game freeze everytime of this scenario - must kill process in task manager

addition: next freeze - granade from launcher:

freezed.jpg

freezed2.jpg

any explosives - frag, granade, rocket freeze game at this point :-( any solution or workaround ?

Edited by m42orion

I've found a weird issue concerning starting equipment build times:

Ballistic rifle : 2 man-days

Combat knife : 6 man-days (!)

M4 Carabine : 20 man-days (!)

The M4 stand out from the other starting weapons a lot. Seems like a bug to me. Knife and some other stuff is unreasonable to me.

If you look properly at what I have written the focus is not just on guns, it is how leaving them out completely at the start of the game has a negative effect on the Stats of the squad and the squad cannot be utilised properly and how that change effects a number of other important things in the game, but I guess you simply choose to miss out those other important points and just make the issue about guns lol.

Oh and incidentally because of the way this mod is and breaks them game in a number of different areas and ways, one can argue that this is a fault with the mod!

I can see that giving positive critical feedback on this forum is a bad idea, because all that happens is that no one really listens as they are incapable of accepting feedback unless it is to say how great the mod is and sycophantically and fawningly kiss the modders sphincter.

Edited by slipkid69
update

Hi everyone! I just upgraded Xenophobia from 1.2.2 (beat the entire game without problems) to 1.3.2 and noticed the game crashes/freezes when a projectile impacts on terrain or enemies, especially farm maps; the same problem reported by m42orion.

Update: Noticed it doesn't happen when hitting a random section of terrain but when the enemy is hit by the projectile. There's something wrong with particles or projectile files?

Tested a little bit and I found out that this happens only when hitting caesans with rockets or vehicle weapons such as laser cannon.

Edited by matteo32

Are you running the Community Edition 0.26 mod? If so, it's likely to do with that (there's a thread about it on the community mod subforum).

Yes, X:CE 0.26 (implemented in Xenophobia pack), I will do some researches, thank you!

By the way I understand that those problems seems to be completely random, there isn't an error log or something?

One question: if I make a savegame mid battle, the changes made to the game files become effective when reloading the save game or I have to start a new ground combat?

Edited by matteo32

But I can not find any solution for this, I have instaled latest vesion of original game (1.9), then i copy all files from XNT 5.31, then XNT 5.31 HF2, then xenophopia 1.3.0 and 1.3.2 patch exe using from xenophopia zip archive. Its great mod, i was using 1.2.2 without problems, but now is game unplayable.

Can anybody help me ?

When I trying get back old exe from XNT 5.31, i did not see any new savegames .....

Edited by m42orion

But I can not find any solution for this, I have instaled latest vesion of original game (1.9), then i copy all files from XNT 5.31, then XNT 5.31 HF2, then xenophopia 1.3.0 and 1.3.2 patch exe using from xenophopia zip archive. Its great mod, i was using 1.2.2 without problems, but now is game unplayable.

Can anybody help me ?

When I trying get back old exe from XNT 5.31, i did not see any new savegames .....

Are you trying to load a game in v1.3.2? I would highly advise against that.

Secondly, saves from CE 0.26 (which Xenophobia runs) do not work with any earlier EXEs.

Thirdly, please define "unplayable". Thanks!

May be I found some bug with hunter cars + rocket launcher, when I shoot rocket to the next sector on te map - game freeze. Map FARM - for example when rocket fly over crop field to sector with road and landed UFo, rocket stuck on the border of this area and all game freeze everytime of this scenario - must kill process in task manager

any explosives - frag, granade, rocket freeze game at this point :-( any solution or workaround ?

Disable skiphiddenanimations inside config.xml and try again.

Yes, X:CE 0.26 (implemented in Xenophobia pack), I will do some researches, thank you!

By the way I understand that those problems seems to be completely random, there isn't an error log or something?

One question: if I make a savegame mid battle, the changes made to the game files become effective when reloading the save game or I have to start a new ground combat?

See above. Also it is safe to do *minor* edits then reload into combat. Such as tweak numbers. But if you try and mess with major stuff, expect it to crash.

Edited by Slayerjerman

I've found a weird issue concerning starting equipment build times:

Ballistic rifle : 2 man-days

Combat knife : 6 man-days (!)

M4 Carabine : 20 man-days (!)

The M4 stand out from the other starting weapons a lot. Seems like a bug to me. Knife and some other stuff is unreasonable to me.

I'm ONE person, so I'm going to miss entries. Pointing out factual data like this helps me to fix these things, thank you. I've got a new version with re-balance and these kinds of fixes coming in a few days. NOW is the time to post oddities like this so I can work them into the new update.

Secondly, I've lowered all the manufacturing times a lot, but trying to stay close to their vanilla counterparts. I've also FIXED the new aircraft weapons, they were horribly underpowered due to insane lock times and rates of fire, so those had to get fixed badly.

Theres some new stuff in this next update too as well as more research trees for the cool stuff. And of course a fist full of bug fixes.

Edited by Slayerjerman

My problem is in version v1.3.2, i started new game from begin, but after few hours of playing game freeze very often, mostly in farm map with explosives, but freeze with rffle projectiles too. Save game is created in v1.3.2. in config.xml i have this option set:

<CombatWindow>

<SkipHiddenAnimations>0</SkipHiddenAnimations>

this problem i can reproduce every time, i can send my savegame, if u want to see it.

please, its not critics againts you, but i am looking for help, because i like this game and now i am frustrated, than i cant play it.

My problem is in version v1.3.2, i started new game from begin, but after few hours of playing game freeze very often, mostly in farm map with explosives, but freeze with rffle projectiles too. Save game is created in v1.3.2. in config.xml i have this option set:

<CombatWindow>

this problem i can reproduce every time, i can send my savegame, if u want to see it.

please, its not critics againts you, but i am looking for help, because i like this game and now i am frustrated, than i cant play it.

Again, this sounds a lot like it's to do with X:CE 0.26 rather than this mod.

<CombatWindow>

Recommend that you download X:CE .25 EXE and use it instead. You'll have to start a new game.

Recommend that you download X:CE .25 EXE and use it instead. You'll have to start a new game.

Yeah, I agree there, 0.25 is more stable for sure, I should probably downgrade the EXE included in the mod too since this is a common issue that nobody seems to be able to search the forums for. Heh. I rarely get this bug, but I do feel the pain when it happens. Pretty damn irritating. :(

See above. Also it is safe to do *minor* edits then reload into combat. Such as tweak numbers. But if you try and mess with major stuff, expect it to crash.

Thanks for the reply, I understand that this bug/freeze is related to X:CE 0.26 and I cannot do much by myself :|. Switched back to 1.2.2, waiting for fixes.

Keep working good the mod is great!

P.S. I really like the launcher background, is that your artwork or you have found it somewhere?

Edited by matteo32

Yeah, I agree there, 0.25 is more stable for sure, I should probably downgrade the EXE included in the mod too since this is a common issue that nobody seems to be able to search the forums for. Heh. I rarely get this bug, but I do feel the pain when it happens. Pretty damn irritating. :(

OK, I put back XCE 0.25 EXE and start new game, I hope that will not be problem with asset files 1.3.2 together with 0.25 exe ?

OK, I put back XCE 0.25 EXE and start new game, I hope that will not be problem with asset files 1.3.2 together with 0.25 exe ?

It should be mostly fine, but you'll need to replace the UFOcontents files as they definitely won't work.

EDIT: At least, I think the UFOcontents files changed in 0.26 and not 0.25.

It should be mostly fine, but you'll need to replace the UFOcontents files as they definitely won't work.

EDIT: At least, I think the UFOcontents files changed in 0.26 and not 0.25.

He should be fine just swapping the EXEs. I used just the UFOcontents from XNT, so there shouldnt be any need to mess with those.

So i changed EXE to 0.25, no freeze, but now i have yield of misson very low, for example small ufos (airstrike 25000,-) and in mission 2200,- credits, and mission endings before all aliens are killed. I had yield of this mission about 50 000 - 70 000 before swaping exe

It is maddening :-(

xeno.jpg

Edited by m42orion

So i changed EXE to 0.25, no freeze, but now i have yield of misson very low, for example small ufos (airstrike 25000,-) and in mission 2200,- credits, and mission endings before all aliens are killed. I had yield of this mission about 50 000 - 70 000 before swaping exe

It is maddening :-(

xeno.jpg

It's probably the UFOcontents files. Recopy the ufocontents files from vanilla/XNT (whichever is appropriate) and I imagine this will fix the issue.