[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

Regarding the Energy tab crashing the game ... even though i installed the last patch 1.09 my game still crashes when i click it, maybe because i'm still playing a game that i started with the older version (the version when this wasnt fixed) or because i collected some alien energy weapons that i still haven't researched ?

My game keeps crashing since new patch, mostly during battle. Just some feedback on mod- its great in many ways but difficulty is insane at times. Enemy units covering third of the map and ripping my team to shreds, others teleporting in and laying waste and grenades being thrown from miles away. Struggling! Love the "alien" type units and weapons. Could almost be a new game on its own with colonial marines v aliens!

Start a new game. Sounds like you applied the patch in the middle of a ground combat save.

Regarding the Energy tab crashing the game ... even though i installed the last patch 1.09 my game still crashes when i click it, maybe because i'm still playing a game that i started with the older version (the version when this wasnt fixed) or because i collected some alien energy weapons that i still haven't researched ?

Yes, you already triggered the bug and it was saved in your data (alien weapons ammo bug, specifically). Start a new game.

First of all, congrats for everyone involved in this project. Keep up the excellent work. ;)

So, I have tested this mod while playing on Insane difficulty and i've decided to give some feedback on it. I haven't gotten very far yet because on insane the mod just owns you!

Anyway, that's all i can remember right now. Great mod and all the best.

Cheers.

Machineguns are beginner weapons, unless you are talking about the Advanced Ultra Heavy Ballistics "HMG" that unlocks with the Minigun later on... There are plenty of mid-tier and end-game weapons that have much, much more punch. While not directed at you Alcalyne, people need to stop asking for the beginner weapons to be as strong as lasers or plasma guns. Seriously, what is up with that? Do people not research other technologies? :rolleyes:

Suppressing any unit makes them crouch, its hard coded that any crouched unit is +20% harder to hit. That's why you are missing them more when they are crouched. Its not a bug, its a game feature. It works in your favor when your troops get suppressed also.

40 bravery is low. That's like almost rookie-level. If bravery is lower than 60 or 70, they are gonna be easily unnerved and flee... Aliens with mind powers are gonna have a field day with those guys. Maybe you need to play on a easier difficulty?

Game does not allow items (weapons or shields) to give bonuses/penalties. Only armor can have stat-altering properties. Right now, adding new armors to the game is a huge pain and not likely going to happen anytime soon unless the community edition changes it to be easier.

I agree with slayer about guns.

It works great. People just need to think about what to research. and have more researcher. but it is true in mid game (before you develope HMG and such) there are not many guns to use it. due to they are not that good. early game guns is what they should be.

anyway I found bug. when you are using heavey machinegun. during ground combat it appear as Korhang KR-R331. on the bottom when you click solider and all the info is showing. if you go to solider inventory it is showing the right picture. I think it is minor bug just about the picture. since damage and everything else is ok.

and about armor. when ever I use medkit during GC their color change and appear to holding shield.

anyway I found bug. when you are using heavey machinegun. during ground combat it appear as Korhang KR-R331. on the bottom when you click solider and all the info is showing. if you go to solider inventory it is showing the right picture. I think it is minor bug just about the picture. since damage and everything else is ok.

Do you mean the starting machine gun? The vanilla machinegun you start with? A screenshot of this bug would REALLY help!

and about armor. when ever I use medkit during GC their color change and appear to holding shield.

A normal medkit, the one with 25/25? What armor were you wearing when this happened? Was the medikit in your left or right hand?

Do you mean the starting machine gun? The vanilla machinegun you start with? A screenshot of this bug would REALLY help!

A normal medkit, the one with 25/25? What armor were you wearing when this happened? Was the medikit in your left or right hand?

I just deleted the save file and started game again with new version but if it happen again will take screenshot.

it was Heavey machinegun not starting machine gun.

medkit was 50/50. and it was on first slot. and it was coyote Armour i think.

i have little bit problem with energy guns, I see it in energy tab, but not see my stored energy cells in this tab. I can use cells only if i found it in the GC.

Are you talking about the Alien guns? Its a known issue and something I cannot solve at this time. Enabling the alien ammo in the ENERGY screen causes the game to crash for some mysterious reason. I have yet to figure out a fix for that. So for now, all you need to do is research "Alien Ammo", it will unlock the ammo to be used in the guns when you equip them, but they wont appear in the GS "energy" tab screen. Sorry :(

I just deleted the save file and started game again with new version but if it happen again will take screenshot.

it was Heavey machinegun not starting machine gun.

medkit was 50/50. and it was on first slot. and it was coyote Armour i think.

Found and fixed the issue with the medikit w/ Coyote armor.

hi everyone!

looks like item descriptions do not match actual item parameters (eg standard MG desc says "10shots", but it fires 4 shots at once). Am I doing smth wrong? If it's a normal thing, how do you guys live with it?

Also, I currently don't get the idea of "metal" weapons ("metalrifle" etc). They cost an insane amount, require alloys but from what I can see in .xml files are less damaging than starting weaponry... I haven't produced and tried out them yet.

(installed upon Xennonauts v1.9, haven't noticed 'fatal' glitches/inconsistencies)

upd: one more quick question: why does a standard combat knife cost 1500$?

Edited by podbelski

hi everyone!

looks like item descriptions do not match actual item parameters (eg standard MG desc says "10shots", but it fires 4 shots at once). Am I doing smth wrong? If it's a normal thing, how do you guys live with it?

Also, I currently don't get the idea of "metal" weapons ("metalrifle" etc). They cost an insane amount, require alloys but from what I can see in .xml files are less damaging than starting weaponry... I haven't produced and tried out them yet.

(installed upon Xennonauts v1.9, haven't noticed 'fatal' glitches/inconsistencies)

upd: one more quick question: why does a standard combat knife cost 1500$?

Work.In.Progress.Mod. Did you not read the disclaimer on the front page?

And if you read the researches description and not just only looking at the weapons_gc stats, you'd know that Metalstorm weapons fire alot more rounds than conventional weapons. To balance this they do slightly less damage than standard beginner weapons. I am still adjusting these things. Or you could mod them yourself to be godly instant kill guns, like everyone seems to want.

Lastly, its a fictional game world where you can buy fighter jets for under 100k. Does it matter if a knife costs 1500? Maybe its reallllllllllllllllly sharp and autographed by the President of the World? lol

thanks, I presumed the things are as you explained, just wanted to doublecheck. Sorry for annoyance...

"godly instant kill guns" is the last thing I could ask for. An allaround-balanced weapon selection and combat mechanics would have been better, but I understand it requires a solid amount of work ... definitely going to ajust some values, just have to play the game a bit to get the whole picture

thanks and GL with your modding :)

Sorry for the rather noobish questions I am about to ask but I have been playing xenophobia (love it btw) and I am about half way through the first month.... and how do I buy/build more ammo/medpacks/rockets/refill kits etc?

I don't see an option for it in the Workshop screen, or in the Storeroom screen, and I do not see any ammo based research in the research screen. I probably have the option staring me in the face, but I figured that I would ask the community for assistance.

The second noob question I have is about the repair kits. I have them in my shield soldier's inventory but when I try to equip them I am unable to repair damage. I replace my soldier's gun for the repair kit if that makes any difference. How do I repair on the field?

Slayer thought this was from XNT but Sen corrected me.

Question on Multi Ammo weapons. Are they working as they should? I built a couple. Then I gave a soldier a multi ammo rifle. 4 clips of standard ballistic ammo. and 3 clips of AP ammo.

I encountered androns so I was like ok time to get some AP into play. But it would not let me load said AP in midst of combat.

I know not to load the rockets into the weapon as that is a bug. But am I being dense in understanding the role of these weapons?

/scripts/_basebuilt.lua

Should be pretty obvious from the moment you open the LUA file (with Notepad++).

Found it. Now, to figure out how to change the starting base layout, or at least what buildings you start with. Currently, it's kind of nonsensical and you can't demolish things to build level 3 stuff.

Sorry for the rather noobish questions I am about to ask but I have been playing xenophobia (love it btw) and I am about half way through the first month.... and how do I buy/build more ammo/medpacks/rockets/refill kits etc?

I don't see an option for it in the Workshop screen, or in the Storeroom screen, and I do not see any ammo based research in the research screen. I probably have the option staring me in the face, but I figured that I would ask the community for assistance.

No trouble, its an honest question :)

Check under Manufacture --> Ammunition. They kits should be towards the bottom if you scroll down. IF you still cant find them, take a screenshot and PM me, you might have installed the mod incorrectly.

The second noob question I have is about the repair kits. I have them in my shield soldier's inventory but when I try to equip them I am unable to repair damage. I replace my soldier's gun for the repair kit if that makes any difference. How do I repair on the field?

They only repair combat shields and most melee weapons. They are kind of like "ammo" for shields/swords. They won't work on guns...But to use it, put your melee weapon/shield in your primary hand slot (left hand on the GUI) in combat, then you can either use the quick-reload button or drag-and-drop the wrench onto the item to repair. Has to be on the main hand slot. I know, its annoying, but only way it works.

Slayer thought this was from XNT but Sen corrected me.

Question on Multi Ammo weapons. Are they working as they should? I built a couple. Then I gave a soldier a multi ammo rifle. 4 clips of standard ballistic ammo. and 3 clips of AP ammo.

I encountered androns so I was like ok time to get some AP into play. But it would not let me load said AP in midst of combat.

I know not to load the rockets into the weapon as that is a bug. But am I being dense in understanding the role of these weapons?

The way multi-ammo loading weapons works in the base game is wonky and oddly-coded. As such, the game thinks that these rifles are "rocket launchers" and defaults the frag rocket into the weapon. But even with a "rocket" loaded, it will treat it as standard rifle ammo. It's just a minor, unfixable bug.

After combat or after loading any saved game, any special ammo clip IN THE GUN will revert to a frag rocket. Meaning you'll need to re-re-reload a special ammo magazine back into the weapon. It sucks, but again, an unfix-able minor bug.

Found it. Now, to figure out how to change the starting base layout, or at least what buildings you start with. Currently, it's kind of nonsensical and you can't demolish things to build level 3 stuff.

If you wish to REMOVE the new buildings and revert to the vanilla layout, grab buildings.xml from the CE 0.25HF files (see community edition thread for files) inside of /assets/ and replace the one from Xenophobia. This will make the base start as normal as you'd expect, but remove all the new tiered base buildings I've added.

Be sure to also check gameconfig.xml to make sure the lab/workshop spaces match the values of the new buildings.xml you swap in. It should all make sense.

As for the un-destroyable base buildings, thats a known bug with Community Edition EXE and how they've added in the ability to modify base buildings. It has nothing to do with Xenophobia and I'm at the mercy of the community coders to get a fix for that too.

Edited by Slayerjerman

No trouble, its an honest question :)

Check under Manufacture --> Ammunition. They kits should be towards the bottom if you scroll down. IF you still cant find them, take a screenshot and PM me, you might have installed the mod incorrectly.

They only repair combat shields and most melee weapons. They are kind of like "ammo" for shields/swords. They won't work on guns...But to use it, put your melee weapon/shield in your primary hand slot (left hand on the GUI) in combat, then you can either use the quick-reload button or drag-and-drop the wrench onto the item to repair. Has to be on the main hand slot. I know, its annoying, but only way it works.

I have started a new game and checked under the workshop and the research tab, but I still don't see anything dealing with manufacture -> ammunition.

I did do as you suggested by equipping the shield in the left hand and it works now, thanks for the help.

please Slayer, where can i find soldiers stats - range of posible properities for example TU etc .. Vanila game has max 100 units, this mod much more, where can i find (which xml file) this properities ? sorry for off-topic

I found in gameconfig some initial values, but where can i modify max and min range of soldier points. In Vanila game is max set to 100, in mod much more ...

Edited by m42orion

few small questions:

1) after two GCs I have a feeling aliens accuracy is a bit too high. This can be tweaked in aiprops.xml right?

2) a lot of 'normal' guns deal a fraction of 'stun' damage (rifles, shotguns, machinegun). Is this intended and what purpose it serves if yes?

3) my understanding is partly used ammo clips are refilled for free upon mission end, correct? Kinda cheaty... The opposite behavior, like in original X-COM, not great as well - I mean if just a single round was used the whole clip is wasted in the end of the mission... Any thoughts on this?

4) I also find morale settings are too sensitive. Looking through MoraleConfig.xml, not sure if it works this way or not:

- once a morale is below a certain amount (currently 43), for each 'lacking' point a +1,5% chance is added for a 'low morale event'

- if the 'low morale event' was triggered, there are 3 probability values for panic/flee/berserk. Exactly how the game decides which case is happened?

- the 'stabilisation' parameter, what does it mean?

5) where can I adjust the number of alien soldiers per particular ship type?

Edited by podbelski