[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

Mod is great but i have few things that bugs me :

1) like said before, aliens accuracy maybe is too high

2) alien assault plasma is silly broken, there's no dispersion from the pellets but instead it works as like a single blob of pellets that literally destroy my xenonauts with impeccable accuracy and most of the time guaranteed suppression

3) i grounded a landing ship and i board it, in the middle room of the first floor of the ship, i got shot from the upper level by 4-5 sebillians, no fun, i checked every corner of the first floor and there was nobody.

4) when your weapons runs out of ammunition and you got nothing left, by removing this weapon and putting it on the bag, it refills its clips for free.

5) i hate androns.

Re: #2 - Its a change that was added from XNT originally. Even a shotgun blast can cause an amount of "stun" force, where as larger caliber rounds tend to focus more on penetration. So they added a bit of this to all the weapons. I simply carried on this logic with additionally added weapons. Not that you'd want to use a shotgun to stun outright, it just adds another dimension to the weapon's potential damage and effects.

Other weapons (melee mostly) now also apply damage to stamina/TUs and morale, although I dont call those out specifically, these damage types are new to the game with the CE EXE, and to be honest, these types of damage are kind of almost useless.

I hope that answers your question.

Mod is great but i have few things that bugs me :

1) like said before, aliens accuracy maybe is too high

2) alien assault plasma is silly broken, there's no dispersion from the pellets but instead it works as like a single blob of pellets that literally destroy my xenonauts with impeccable accuracy and most of the time guaranteed suppression

3) i grounded a landing ship and i board it, in the middle room of the first floor of the ship, i got shot from the upper level by 4-5 sebillians, no fun, i checked every corner of the first floor and there was nobody.

4) when your weapons runs out of ammunition and you got nothing left, by removing this weapon and putting it on the bag, it refills its clips for free.

5) i hate androns.

#1 Play on an easier difficulty if accuracy is too high... #2 Alien assault plasma (and alien battle rifles) are meant to be end-game type of weapons versus your elite troops in heavy armor. So of course they are going to hurt and be suppressive. #3 is not a bug, not sure why you mentioned it? #4 sounds like a vanilla bug, what guns are you specifically talking about? If its the multi-ammo weapons, its a known and unfixable bug.

@Trance,

I edited aiprops.xml file, simply lowering an 'accuracy' stat for some aliens, mainly for non-combatant type and a very little bit for some guards/solders

@Slayerjerman,

did you happen to stun an alien with ballistic weapons? For me, they always die, just haven't seen a single stun yet...

#2 Alien assault plasma (and alien battle rifles) are meant to be end-game type of weapons versus your elite troops in heavy armor. So of course they are going to hurt and be suppressive.

Sebillians inside scouts have them most of the time.

#3 is not a bug, not sure why you mentioned it?

So aliens that can shoot through the ceiling is a feature ?

#4 sounds like a vanilla bug, what guns are you specifically talking about? If its the multi-ammo weapons, its a known and unfixable bug.

I initially discovered it on the M84 ATR, but im quite sure it happened on the M79 aswell.

Will this map pack do alot of difference? " KABILL RANDOM MAP PACK! - http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9760-%28Sort-of%29-Random-Maps! " And is it compatible with latest xenophobia mod?) And why shooting THROUGH floor if i get it right not a bug? U cant shoot even through walls usually... "3) i grounded a landing ship and i board it, in the middle room of the first floor of the ship, i got shot from the upper level by 4-5 sebillians, no fun, i checked every corner of the first floor and there was nobody. " From post before!

Edited by Rameses

Sebillians inside scouts have them most of the time.

So aliens that can shoot through the ceiling is a feature ?

I initially discovered it on the M84 ATR, but im quite sure it happened on the M79 aswell.

LOL - the "holes" in the ship's second floor are not a bug. Thats map design so they can shoot down at you while you enter the ship and as well as you being able to fly up with the Buzzard flight armor, which I assume you've never used? Yes, it is a feature.

Secondly, if you are talking about the basic starting aliens, you are probaly talking about the Alien Vortex rifles that XNT added (the ones that hit you and then explode, usually dealing stun damage to your troops). Either that or you are playing on Insane and the aliens are using the higher accuracy modifier value located in gameconfig.xml.... in either case, its not a bug, sounds to me like some aliens got some lucky to-hit rolls on their burst fire attack, which is bound to happen, statistically speaking. I've seen shotgun clusters group tightly from time-to-time, so I know it happens. Just usually in my favor :)

Interesting about the M84, I will see if I can reproduce the issue to verify, but again, not a bug that is fixable or specific to Xenophobia. Its likely a bug from the CE EXE that I have no control over.

Ballistic weapons arent meant to stun, just because it deals a bit of stun damage doesnt mean thats its primary function.... Also stun damage is useful for damage against the newer alien types, just as EMP damage is useful against Androns....

LOL - the "holes" in the ship's second floor are not a bug. Thats map design so they can shoot down at you while you enter the ship and as well as you being able to fly up with the Buzzard flight armor, which I assume you've never used? Yes, it is a feature.

I need to check, but I'm hoping the LoS issue seeing up to the second floor will be fixed in 0.27.

there are ... holes ? on the ceiling ?? well, i guess ill just nuke these c**** from the orbit then, i didnt know about that.

No answer about map compability? or theres another better map packs? or hmmm?

Sorry, missed it. Skitso's map mack 2000 v1.0 is already included, as is Fire in the Hole. However I would advise that you download Skitso's map pack 1.1 AND Kabill's artic/desert/farm packs too. They all work together so go to town :)

P.S. I use both map packs together and they work fine.

is it ok if i install 1.1 skitso last ? Order doesnt matter y? Using Jsgme to install little mods btw very cozy utility ^^ This shud be compatible y? http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11629-V1-08-Jsleezy-s-Real-Fighter-Portrait-Pack If i copy file and edit it to make it lets say afri06_portrait.png (by numerical number next one) will it add it to a random face pool? or i have to edit some other txt or xml files?Found it its soldiernamesfemale.xml and soldiernames.xml and it seems that those one come with this mod got lesser of them =\ for old version probab... i guess ill just copy images *__*

Edited by Rameses

UPDATE for AK47 issues

The issue comes from XNT files, here's how to MANUALLY fix it.

1. Open /assets/units/xenonauts/armour.basic

2. DELETE the folder "weapon.ak47" completely

3. Copy the same folder from the Xenonauts 1.4.0 files

The AK47 is using bad XML animation files, simply overwriting them wont fix it, you have to delete the entire folder and copy the new files.

Slayer you are popular indeed. The site you use to host is giving a Dropbox 509 error:

Error:

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

I will grab it later I guess :)

I pulled down the link. Go to the Nexus webpage to download the mod.