(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Congratulations! Kill omega viper is a ... hard challenge. What did you mean with "corruption"?

Did you unlock the research with the omega killed? or stunned?

Right now some armors provide Psionic defense already :D

Wolf armor, Predator, Buzzard, Sentinel will give you time and help you to avoid at least 3 Psionics attacks.

Well... i even doesn't thought about stun that monster-)) Armor plating was unlocked by its corpse.

But, i mean, that when i moved my soldier to the tile with omega corpse, besides the corpse - there were 3 gas grenades (that make green gas).

i used one to try, and other was in my soldier backpack when the mission was ended.

but no new research happened or they doesn't appear in the store.

Sorry but just doesn't made a look at statistics... may be they were sold or some like. thats disappearnes i named "corruption"=-)))

+And little may be gui bug - alien granade in grenade slot when choosed - doesn't shown, just a number on the black. Or its again vanilas bug?

About armours - i understood. Its intresting, because even with good bravery (i recruit only more than 40+ soldiers) - they often panic from just psion (think its for now - normal)

I thought about another thing.

A big thing.

If psi influence could be attached to a weapon - than we have some like rocket-launched of not only stun stick, but persuasive stik, oreven mg that persuade to change the side-)))

In that case, its a promising bring for constructing a revolutionary alien approved human army (human-cultist or somelike bases) and pesruasion weaponry. Just in my thoughts. For now i doesn't see all prereqs matched to do that.

Is a nice test! I really know, but you maybe could be the first one to pass XNT Into Darkness from beginning to end.

;)

A few days later Battleships came so I've managed to go on with the story. I'm currently doing the final mission, but I'm stuck and I don't know if it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

I've destroyed the 2 reactors on the sides and I'm currently standing in front of the door with the huge preator mask above it (probably the final room with the praetor in it? :)), but no ammount of explosives/fusion rockets/grenades/singularity projectiles/bullets/anything :D seems to be able to destroy it, nor the wall around it, and I can't open it either. Am I missing something or is it a bug in 1.06 vanilla? I've read about some bugs in the final mission, but not this one specifically.

Anyone managed to beat this mod on insane ironman? My squads are wiped out each mission, either by the reaper zombies, or vipers.

I know 3 person that manage to reach tier 3 in Insane/Ironman.

I suggest you to try and explorer the Mod dynamic first on Normal/Ironman or Veteran/Ironman.

Alien are very reactive and powerful on insane.

:)

So I decided to mod some stuff in your tech tree... didn't like one Armor requirement:

Predator Armor requires Alien Base Research (?) and possessing an Alien Base Core.

What if I'm so good at Air Warfare there was never an alien base? Now I need to let them build one?!

Unless you mod a mandatory alien minimum of 1 alien base showing up guaranteed, you need to remove that dependency.

Modded to remove that requirement completely.

Had to add unlock research code for Predator armor to ENDGAME Research to fix my save.

I also modified a bunch of economic relationships:

Reduced AA requirement to 2-4 per Pistol, 4-7 per Rifle/Carabine, 8-9 per Precision, 10-14 for heavy weapons.

Reduced manufacturing hours to 36 MHour Pistol, 48 Rifles, 72 Precision/Heavy

Similar changes to armor - especially early level, when it's not mechanized and just an armor plate upgrade.

Changed AA income to about x4 from all sources.

Increased AA sell price to 5k, reduced manufacturing cost to 8 MH each

(For role-play there are huge amounts of non-production grade AA from exploded / sunk UFO's. This production time reflects extraction / refining - compared to just cutting up production-grade found in parts).

This allowed AA production bases to pay for their own defenses + keep small profit margin.

To compensate - increased AA cost for high end aircraft by 3x.

What would be nice is if it was possible to add Alien Alloys cost to Research of items that require it's use. You pay early on for Development Prototypes and configuring the Fabrication process. That would justify easier production of duplicates.

Not sure if you already changed the Electro grenades in the hotfix but that feels just about right. They stopped being a win-button in my save and I had to go back to the "clear everything except target" -> "gang up to capture" tactic which is much harder to execute than just "stun everything".

Love the mod so far, and love the fact that I can mod your mod :P

XNT tiles only change UFO doors, but not final mission map.

There is a thread out there with the fixed tiles.

Let me search for it.

EDIT/ Try this one

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11234-New-tile-atlases-for-testing!?highlight=tiles

Thx, it worked nicely and I managed to finish the level :) It wasn't really hard with the team I had now, but as I mentioned before I was playing on normal and like the opposite of ironman (with lots of saves/loads, primarily to test how things work), so I had a lot of experienced soldiers, and I have some experience with XCOM games too. Next time I will play on veteran, but I won't use ironman, because I liket to save from time to time (One main reason is grenade throwing. I hate that if I have x% to hit a target with a grenade, it usually means that I have 100-x% to throw it in front of my feet :D It just silly to loose soldiers to that, I can't imagine it to happen in real life.)

Hold on don't do anything on your own and look below at spoiler tag.

We already have made our own Xtended backgrounds mod which is included in upcoming v5.3 under code name K.O.T.E.X ( Khall - Ogaburan - Theon - extended - XNT pack )

Sentelin did you spoke with Jsleezy's about freeing the pool of soldiers?, his mod :Real Fighter Portrait Pack have line of code included that make all the pictures available for soldiers (around 100 not 36 like game do at the moment) so you will not have anymore so offten same faces in the platoon.

I encouraged him to combine his mod with Ogaburans and as i know he is trying to do this.

There is no need to combine his mod into XNT- if somone want new faces he can do this himself whats importand is that game will draw faces from the all poll over 100 faces not 36 and for that there is line fo code that has to be implemented. Any chance to have it?

Iam not the only one interested to have it- this is from Jsleezy's Real Fighter Portrait Pack thread

It would be nice to see this in XNT mod.
T. Next time I will play on veteran, but I won't use ironman, because I liket to save from time to time (One main reason is grenade throwing. I hate that if I have x% to hit a target with a grenade, it usually means that I have 100-x% to throw it in front of my feet :D It just silly to loose soldiers to that, I can't imagine it to happen in real life.)

Yea same here just with that difrence that I will not play Iron men because having 60% hit with rocket luncher 30 tiles away guy hited his feetes kiling himself and 1 soldier standing close to him without any blockades.

I accept losses if they are my fault not aliens shooting trough walls or other s... that i have no influence on.

Edited by Alewalek

Hello. I'd like to stream this game with this mod. I love turn based games but never played the old or the new x-com, nor the xenonauts. For the first time playing, should I stick to vanilla or can I start with this mod on normal ? As said, Iam not new to turn based games. Thanks

Sentelin did you spoke with Jsleezy's about freeing the pool of soldiers?, his mod :Real Fighter Portrait Pack have line of code included that make all the pictures available for soldiers (around 100 not 36 like game do at the moment) so you will not have anymore so offten same faces in the platoon.

I encouraged him to combine his mod with Ogaburans and as i know he is trying to do this.

There is no need to combine his mod into XNT- if somone want new faces he can do this himself whats importand is that game will draw faces from the all poll over 100 faces not 36 and for that there is line fo code that has to be implemented. Any chance to have it?

No but we have our own faces plus we included Khall's faces so Theon didn't simply "merge".He made our own version of Xtended backgrounds using all assets at disposal plus he added some other countries that are not included in Xtended 0.6.

Hello. I'd like to stream this game with this mod. I love turn based games but never played the old or the new x-com, nor the xenonauts. For the first time playing, should I stick to vanilla or can I start with this mod on normal ? As said, Iam not new to turn based games. Thanks

Start with this mod - NOT vanilla Rob! ou will get a lot more from it!!! ;)

But Iam not asking about faces, what Jsleezy did is make posible that game (when you buy new soldier) give him any of over 100 faces when vanila allows only 36. Playing XNT i see it is not changed casue i have at least 2 pairs of soldiers with same faces and only 20 soldiers in baracks.

This code is soemthing simple that could be implemented I think in soldiernames but Jsleezy's obv know more about that.

Not sure it it supose to be like that just get kiled by the roof of the ufo, I cant see this alien upstairs, but he can see me and shot down trough broken ceiling to my soldiers. Is it supose to be like that?

Edited by Alewalek

I think it's better for you to stick with vanilla until you get familiar with this franchise.|Many new comers who never played an Xcom before are complaining about difficulty or how punishing vanilla is even on lower difficulty levels.Aim of this mod is to make it more challenging,exiting and to provide different flavor (not challenging as impossible challenging but to provide more challenge for players who mastered vanilla and want something different ).However you are free to try and decide for yourself :)

Not sure it it supose to be like that just get kiled by the roof of the ufo, I cant see this alien upstairs, but he can see me and shot down trough broken ceiling to my soldiers. Is it supose to be like that?

This is vanilla common stupid thing called LoS so yeah it is supposed to happen even though you don't have alien in line of sight.

But Iam not asking about faces, what Jsleezy did is make posible that game (when you buy new soldier) give him any of over 100 faces when vanila allows only 36. Playing XNT i see it is not changed casue i have at least 2 pairs of soldiers with same faces and only 20 soldiers in baracks.

This code is soemthing simple that could be implemented I think in soldiernames but Jsleezy's obv know more about that.

This is not difficult but it's time consuming and we may do this in future,however it's not our priority now and we are very close to release new build so main focus now is making stable and bug-free.

Edited by Sentelin

But Iam not asking about faces.

New faces were ADDED not replaced. The pool is thus bigger.

"Unlocking" all the faces is a terrible idea - it would cause even more duplicate faces in game. Just go into your face folder and look at those pictures. med, afri, asi, nor already uses a lot of the same resources as cust. If you simply blindly unlock 'cust' ever second soldier you get will have the potential to have a duplicate face (well depending on luck).

Instead only some faces will be 'unlocked' in XNT (though in a different way than in jsleezys mod).

100 faces when vanila allows only 36

bullflowers, vanilla alows for any amount of faces you want. You just add them.

And vanilla does use all the faces. Though cust are used for pregenareted soldiers.

and btw vanilla uses 58 faces for random soldiers, not 36

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

I can not find a download link anywhere for XNT 2.5. That, or I am completely blind.

Edit: Nevermind lol. I finally found it. Can't wait to play it :D

You meant 5.2 ?

Here is link to main thread http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10934-V1-07-XNT-Into-Darkness-V5-2-PlatinumDragon-%28New-Game-Universe-Mod%29 (which got burried but you can press Replies/Views yellow button to sort out list of avaible treads in Complete Mods sub forum)

And here is download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/29gadigai1sg0wt/XNT+Into+Darkness+V5.22+Extended+Version+%28Platinum+Dragon%29.zip

This is vanilla common stupid thing called LoS so yeah it is supposed to happen even though you don't have alien in line of sight.

LoS? What I can do about that Iam loosing soldiers and not able to get upstairs unless I let them kill half of my sguad.