(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

will follow this post everyday!

You start with days, then it turns to every few hours,....then its every 30 minutes. You have been warned.

Iam not playing xenonauts second day and cheking for news about 5.3 every 30 minut:

See? We call this the cultist phase. You want to know what happens next? :

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

We are secretly devouring your soul. Nom, nom, nom.

igor1.jpg

ETA? Who knows... I hope to give you some feedback on that in 4-5 hours from now.

Edit:

please give us 5.3 soon - for the childrens sake!

You will really regret your choice of words when you see the new Gargol lore...

igor1.jpg

igor1.jpg.e74ae1789a6c36c7db91eb55a1d522

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

I'm gonna cry - I've been checking this thread obsessively every 30 minutes for two days now; WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

It's highly addictive! I'm doing this for months! I'm not even had played Xenonauts recently, but I still come to this thread every day just to see what is happening!

Have 1 question before realisee about STR progresion. In vanila this is the text:

<strengthProgress pointsToProgress="20" maxPointsInSingleBattle="20" globalMaxProgress="98" strengthCoeff="80" comment="Points are given when soldier moves one tile while carrying more than strengthCoeff percent of its maximum carry weight" />

I am not sure I understand it corectly: So if soldier cary in battle more then 80% of his maximum cary capacity(let say he is fully equpied just without loosing TU) and move 20 tiles his Str wil grow up 1 point up to the 20 points in 1 battle????? so moving 400 tiles can give 20 STR in 1 battle ?? Do I understand it corect or no???

no it means you need to get 20 progression points to get 1 strength point while 20 progression points is also a max number for a mission

progression points is a point system within skill points system,it just doesnt show up in game

btw if you want 20 strength in one battle youd have to change maxPointsInSingleBattle modifier to 400 :cool:

Dont understand now, it says you need 20 progresion points and 1 point is given when you move 1 tile or 20 tiles?

"Points are given when soldier moves one tile while carrying more than strengthCoeff percent of its maximum carry weight"

And it has to be overweight (cary as much to lose at least 1 TU) or over 80% of curent carry capacity?

Points -> Requirement to Get +1 STR = X (moves while carrying min. 80% weight)

Points -> Maximum points per mission = n * X (where n = maximum levels you want per mission)

So if your requirement is set to 20 and maximum points set to 40 you will be able to earn +2 STR per mission.

If you want to make your soldiers stronger I recommend tinkering with the base settings and increasing the swing maximum to get higher starting values, instead of increasing progression. You can then recruit a particularly strong soldier for a heavy weapons position - more realistic than having your entire unit become super-soldiers.

From my experience that last part is what it says - 80% of current max carry before losing TU's.

So if your max is 35 and you carry 34 you're going to get points and get +1 str if you moved enough.

My soldiers started around 50-60 STR and some ended up 80-90 after 30 missions (that it took to end the game - lotsa airstrikes :P).

Question:

Where can I modify the age of the soldiers? Recruits in the high 50's doesn't make sense for 1980 medicine.

Recruits should be in the 25-45 year range - reflecting trained soldiers and combat veterans.

Should also add something to the lore that reflects their ability to improve so much per mission.

Perhaps they are using some kind of a super-soldier serum developed following first contact.

Review of the final Mission:

Operation Endgame is super bland and easy for good squads and too difficult for bad squads.

The problem is the map structure - massive crossfire at the first cross-roads means you either have the TU's and armor and weapons to Blitz through it and neutralize all sides in two to three turns, or you get massacred by multiple flankers.

The final room is plain boring. Low number and variety of guards than possible, and if you do it quick enough the Praetor is just completely exposed.

I see how it will also be impossible for people that struggled and took longer on the crossfire fight, because then the reapers (Vipers, I assume) will show up.

If you can edit the map, I suggest the following conceptual change:

1. main tunnel leading to the Praetor room - this tunnel is the "wrong choice" - should be super difficult to attack directly.

2. Secondary tunnel leading to the Generator room - place both generators in one room.

3. Tertiary tunnel hidden behind some crates, that you can shoot or blow up to open. This leads to a lightly defended tunnel system that provides flanking access to every defensive position, and a sniper spot in the throne room.

So the proper way to solve the mission would be to send some of the squad to take care of the reactors, while some close ranged guys go flank, while the snipers and heavy weapons try to keep the center tunnel under control.

This would simplify the crossfire situation, but allow the increase the difficulty of the final room, especially for teams that don't realize there's a side tunnel or use it properly.

I hear you are adding some sort of a surprise to it in the next XNT update - good, it needs the spice.

Edited by Tenet

I dont wana make them stronger, I want to understand the formula. How much a soldier have to move to gain this +1 STR with the setings i have given 20/20 is it 1 tile to get 1 progresion point and then 20 tiles to gain all 20 p points required to get this 1 STR?

gameconfig is the file u looking for actualy Tactical Dragon could change this small thing before realise so soldiers will have beetwen 25-45-or25/50 65 is way to much and it was discused after 5.2 was relised

Yes.

<strengthProgress pointsToProgress="1" maxPointsInSingleBattle="1" globalMaxProgress="100" strengthCoeff="80" comment="Points are given when soldier moves one tile while carrying more than strengthCoeff percent of its maximum carry weight" />

This is what is says in my file. It means a soldier has to move ONE tile, with min 80% of weight limit equipped, to get the One Point maximum for the mission, and the resulting +1 str.

1 point = 1 tile moved, always.

You only specify the # of points you need to acquire for +1 STR, and the maximum points you can earn in a single mission. What confused you was an answer to a different example.

So every soldier will grow with your seting +1STR every battle kind of odd. You dont have to do anything special just move 1 tile :P

20 is something meh dosent mater eather probably has to be setup on 500 if you dont want to get +1 STR instantly every battle.

Review of the final Mission:

Operation Endgame is super bland and easy for good squads and too difficult for bad squads.

The problem is the map structure - massive crossfire at the first cross-roads means you either have the TU's and armor and weapons to Blitz through it and neutralize all sides in two to three turns, or you get massacred by multiple flankers.

Thank you!

This is the vanilla Level setup, I have a planned new encounter and map for this one. I take careful notes of your review to take in consideration. We still don't implement it.

Im testing a mimetic units. Some kind of special effect.

Hello Ragefury,

Not for the moment but I will ask coders to include the system :)

Thanks for the suggestion

This would be primarily important for manufacturing bases that are having to be reset every 24-72 hours because they are producing so quickly.

actualy jackal armour dont give profit dont have detailed counting in my hands now but it was close to 0. First thing I was able to reaserch that gives profit is zephyr u can have around 15k a month netto manufacturing it with 10 enginers.

Still though i think that staff is way to cheap in the mod. But its just my point of view.

Edited by Alewalek

Coyote is definitely the best bet, not because it produces the most profit, but because its the highest of those below that doesn't require daily management. Apollos make a fortune by selling the planes. If you go max workshops with 1 hanger, you'd be making over $3 million per base per month, but you'd be resetting the crafting every 8 in game hours (too tedious). The same setup with Coyote would produce over $1 million a month but would only require management once every 45 days.

If you do the math, I have to click 360 times more to achieve a couple million more per month, I'm sticking with Coyote armor.

I played one game doing Apollos and had 8 bases doing it making $24 million a month, had to make a macro for mouse movement and clicks which I would hit F10 every little bit to sell off the planes and start building more, just so my hands wouldn't hurt. After a couple months, what are you going to do with the cash...nothing that expensive in game.

With upgraded base facilities the profit per man day is as follows:

Apollo $1250 ($34583 per 30 days after expenses)

Jackal $320 ($6683 per 30 days after expenses)

Coyote $503 ($12177 per 30 days after expenses)

Alloys $200 ($3083 per 30 days after expenses)

Zephyr & Thunderbolt $333 ($7083 per 30 days after expenses)

Enforcer & Warhawk $250 ($4583 per 30 days after expenses)

Dual Warhawk $273 ($5265 per 30 days after expenses)

Edited by Ragefury

With upgraded base facilities the profit per man day is as follows:

Apollo $1250 (This is tedious though, with a big base of workshops, its 1 day and 9 hours to make like 4 so you're spending a lot of time selling and building)

Jackal $320

Coyote $503

Alenium $200

Zephyr & Thunderbolt $333

Enforcer & Warhawk $250

Dual Warhawk $273

Well at least someone discovery the profit index of the system ^^

Good job,

Yes, this is the value of optimal profit. I suggest players that dont want to involve in micromanagement to stick to Jackal and Coyote Armor.

I was counting my profit per 10 enginers working 30 days without base upgrade.

And those profits are per 1 enginer So 1 guy can make this money in 30 days.

Iam certain staff should cost normal price not reduced this is just game breaking if u get to base upgrade. Even with normal price u would do 10k profit with 1 enginer. Way to much.

Edited by Alewalek

And those profits are per 10 enginers? You can sell apollo? for 34k profit? Actualy u can sell aircrafts, was thinking u only dispose them.

I have no saves atm so cant chek it but zephyr was 15k before base upgrade so eather i make mistake or u.

Thats per engineer. Not per 10.

I clarified a bit further in the edit.