Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

TD, what does your weapon and ammo definition look like?

TU damage applies to ammo, not a weapon. But yeah, apDamage of 20 could be blocked by kinetic armour of 20, assuming the ammo is kinetic. That said, this is a function I have essentially not tested, and am not even sure if it works when hitting humans. Try first giving humans a weapon that damages TU and hit aliens with it. If that works, but not the other way around, that can be fixed.

Thanks solver!

This is the an example of ammo definition. This two options open huge amount of possibilities and diversification of weapons. Is wonderful idea. ^^

<Ammo name="ammo.alienplasmacell" type="incendiary" damage="13" mitigation="10" stunDamage="18" moraleDamage="30" apDamage="30" isOverdamage="0">

<Projectile spectre="projectiles/combatplasma/laser" speed="2000" showAfterDistance="60.0"/>

<Impact spectre="particles/plasmaexplosion/plasmaexplosion" radius="1.5" sound="Weapon Frag Grenade" fireChance="0" smokeChance="20" gasType="StunGas" />

</Ammo>

</Ammos>

So, when to expect Destroyer and Dreadnought class UFO? Sorry if this been answered before.

It's something being worked on by Max_Caine and Dpelectric (plus others?) on the FTD thread. (And work that might make crash sites for those UFOs viable is kind of being done on the modular UFOs thread).

Solver, as far as I can tell, human aircraft and human vehicles are the only items in the game that can't be treated as ingrediants for a crafting receipe. This is a low-priority request, but if it's possible to use aircraft and vehicles in crafting receipes, that would be most appreciated.

I am happy to say that, thanks to the Community Coder program, version 0.24 includes code contributions from people other than myself! That is good news for all of you because you actually get quality code.

The first such contributor is llunak, a very accomplished programmer who's like a Sebillian Officer to my Caesan non-combatant, and he's already made fixes for many UI issues that have been bothering people.

Hi Ilunak! Do we start bugging you now as well! :)

Frankly, preferably no. I'm mostly interested in bugfixes and features I find important/useful, and in the unlikely case I run out of ideas of what to do (I have already a not-so-small TODO list), I can scan the forums for more. So if it's important enough, it should be posted in the bugreports or general forum, and PM-ing me with personal pet peeves is unlikely to work.

That said, I may make exceptions : http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11185-Artist-(or-artist-)-wanted-GC-panel-modifications-for-select-next-soldier?p=124920&viewfull=1#post124920

My continued focus is on enhancing the possible game mechanics through modding.

The great thing about having llunak here is that while he fixes things that annoy him personally, they actually turn out to be great fixes that had not even occurred to me. For instance, a new feature for 0.24 is that the "build base" UI shows three concentric circles indicating ranges with 1, 2 and 3 radars. Great change, but I had not even thought of it as a possibility.

For instance, a new feature for 0.24 is that the "build base" UI shows three concentric circles indicating ranges with 1, 2 and 3 radars. Great change, but I had not even thought of it as a possibility.

Whoa, I was sure I saw something like that when I was starting my latest new game (some time ago now), I seriously thought it was already in and found it very useful. If it isn't - it's certainly great to see it in!

If there's a flag which identifies base attack missions and terror missions, could it be externalised as some kind of a setting or item or what-have-you which can be identified by researches.xml, please?

So, in the next version you should be able to specify researches that unlock the first time you complete a particular alien mission.

So, I've been having a number of things that either I feel are issues that need to be fixed with the way aircraft modding works, or are just features I would love to have implemented and this as good a time as any to post them.

1. The "Buyable" stat on aircrafts.xml does not appear to work properly. Namely, only a hardcoded selection of aircraft can actually be made buyable. Any additional aircraft can only be obtained through manufacturing. It would be great if this could be unlocked.

2. Another unlocked system I would love is if more than 4 weapons could be placed on an aircraft. Although I may have missed something, as far as I can tell trying to add more than four weapon hardpoints isn't possible. The only issue with this feature is that it'll probably require UI modifications as well as there isn't room on the Air Combat UI in its current setup to fit more than 4 weapons per aircraft.

3. It would be absolutely amazing if it were possible to have weapons categories beyond Cannon/Normal/Heavy/Superheavy, as well as to determine their inheritances. For example, in vanilla, the Heavy slot inherits the weapons of the Normal slot, so anything that can be fitted in a Normal slot can also be fitted in a Heavy one. This is more of a "Dream Come True" feature, but I decided that since I'm talking about aircraft specifically I might as well mention it. (If this is too much, perhaps it would at least be possible to add a config option to disable Superheavy weapons being always considered autovictories so that it could be used as an "extra" weapon category to fit things into?)

Few "small"(?) wishes:

A system where the game prevents from pressing end turn if any one of your units has max TU's left. It could be really subtle like quickly highlight the corresponding units' mini bar with yellow halo or something when end turn is clicked. Second click to end turn after that would work normally. If you implement this, I can do the graphics.

Are there plans to unlock medal bonuses?

I'd love you guys if you could fix the ufo roof inconsistency as it doesnt work like building roofs. I.e.if roof toggle is on, ufo roof still vanishes if you see inside.

Fixing alien base map reveal would be appreciated.

And one last wish that really bugged me when I played my first playthrough: level switching should be locked on ai turn. As it is now, it looks really messy as the level switches up and down as the aliens move and teleport from different levels. Also, wraith teleport effect animation in seen through shroud.

Edited by Skitso

My continued focus is on enhancing the possible game mechanics through modding.

The great thing about having llunak here is that while he fixes things that annoy him personally, they actually turn out to be great fixes that had not even occurred to me. For instance, a new feature for 0.24 is that the "build base" UI shows three concentric circles indicating ranges with 1, 2 and 3 radars. Great change, but I had not even thought of it as a possibility.

Well there has been the almost invisible dotted line showing the maximum range when building a base.

Does 0.23 work with 1.07? Because whenever it gets to the alien's turn, they make a couple of moves and my game immediately crashes to desktop. I thought it might have something to do with me removing MindControl from the psionic attacks of Caesan Leaders for a test, but even after I put it back, the mission still crashes seemingly at random. It'll only work when all of the alien's movements are hidden, but as soon as they try to interact with my guys, crash.

Edited by Fucille

Frankly, preferably no. I'm mostly interested in bugfixes and features I find important/useful, and in the unlikely case I run out of ideas of what to do (I have already a not-so-small TODO list), I can scan the forums for more. So if it's important enough, it should be posted in the bugreports or general forum, and PM-ing me with personal pet peeves is unlikely to work.

That said, I may make exceptions : http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11185-Artist-(or-artist-)-wanted-GC-panel-modifications-for-select-next-soldier?p=124920&viewfull=1#post124920

Welcome. And great thanks for spending your time "improving" Xenonauts. Thanks alot.