Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

hmm tried the "cleanfolder' but didn't work. il try another fresh install at my new library location. Though when i moved it over, it was from a fresh install and i also made a copy of it. Maybe something happened when i copied it. il update after i try.

Is this the right place for suggestions? Forgive me if it isn't (I couldn't find anywhere more appropriate).

I'd like to ask if it's possible to return the option for explosion damage scaling. Used to be that the further you were from an explosion, the less damage you took. That element is critical to the Quasi Realism mod I'm helping a friend with. I hope there's any chance of returning the function.

Thank you for hearing my suggestion. I apologize again if it's inappropriate here.

I cannot say for sure, but it is my impression that it still works that way, there's a certain damage dropoff from the center of the explosion?

I thought that this had been removed but it looks like it's still in, at least partially.

Just did a test where I set the damage randomisation to 0 to rule out ranodm variance in damage.

Firing a rocket at a soldier with another soldier just on the edge of the blast radius did 60 damage to the central target and 48 damage to the one on the edge.

A similar experiment with C4 showed decreasing damage away from the centre but only by a very small amount (the furthest out soldier took 54 damage and I think the centre was 60, though it might have been a bit higher maybe).

So there's still some damage drop off, but it's a very small effect. At the very least, it would be good to have some control over it.

Sounds about right to me from looking at the explosive calculation code.

The MinExplosiveDamageLevel variable in config.xml places a lower bound on the explosive damage that can be dealt. Current value is 0.75. That is, if an explosion deals 100 damage, any unit within the radius will be dealt at least 75. Matches pretty well with your 60/48 numbers (the extra being probably from the proximity calculation).

Set that variable to 0 and you'll get an unbounded calculation, where the damage done to each unit will be equal to the proximity coefficient, which is (r - d) / r for a target standing at distance d from an explosion with the radius r.

Edited by Solver

Yes! That is exactly what we needed! Thank you Solver, your name is perfectly suited for this moment in the case of the Quasi Realism mod.

Again, thank you all very much for helping me with this. I've told Ron, and he's happy to be able to get the explosives working. Will still be a while before a testable version is ready, but this way it won't be the demi-quasi realism unless you use grenades mod.

Edited by Mask

It's linear scaling like I showed above. A unit 1 tile away from a 3-tile-radius explosion would take 2/3 of the damage if the MinExplosiveDamageLevel didn't further affect it.

EDIT: Ah sorry, partial crosspost, and of course I mistyped in the above post - it's (r - d) / d, clearly.

I do have the same situation as Eugus, the only difference is that I did download the game from Desura, which is 1.07 as well. I did run cleanfolder.bat and colours.xml is in right place. Without CE, Xenonauts runs just fine.

Is the new kills counter from 1.07 or the community patch? I think I read someone asking for it here.

Its nice, but with long names it gives over lapping text fields with rank gains. Could go on row below next to */*HP I dont think anything appears there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4705[/ATTACH]

Also, its 1 KILL, 2 KILLS etc, or you could use KILLS: # instead.

Also, you default loadout for scout class has 2 pistols, 1 is occupy same slots as some other items.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg.5d30b0bbf5baea30f3d2a5676

Edited by Jace11

@Great Solver

I cant manage to set "apDamage" in an alien weapon. I run several test but I need a bit more data.

This damage is subjected under the general type of damage of the weapon? if the weapon says "kinetic" apDamage=20, if the target has 20 kinetic armor the TU damage is block?

Thank you! Im forward testing all the changes!

Very useful

TD, what does your weapon and ammo definition look like?

TU damage applies to ammo, not a weapon. But yeah, apDamage of 20 could be blocked by kinetic armour of 20, assuming the ammo is kinetic. That said, this is a function I have essentially not tested, and am not even sure if it works when hitting humans. Try first giving humans a weapon that damages TU and hit aliens with it. If that works, but not the other way around, that can be fixed.