Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V19 Stable Available!

V19 Stable Available!

We have just released the next stable build of Xenonauts - V19 - onto the main branch of the game on Steam! This is a major milestone, as it marks the fist update of the main branch since we launched on Steam 3 months ago. This update will be applied automatically for everyone who pre-ordered the game, including those of you who have opted-in to the experimental branch.

We specifically kept the length of time between updates of the main Steam branch quite long because whenever we do deploy an update like this you will no longer be able to load saved games made with the older versions of the game. If you were in the middle of a game before this update and would like to continue it, I've made arrangements so you can do so - please see this thread. I would however recommend you try the new version as soon as you can, as it is a dramatic improvement over our initial Steam build.

As this build is such a big step forward we would really like to hear as much feedback on it as possible from as many people as possible - even (and especially) if you have not been closely following the development of the game and the experimental builds. Please post any feedback you might have in the beta forum - and if it's specifically about game balance, there are two sticky threads at the top of that forum for discussing those aspects of the Geoscape/Ground Combat.

In the future we are going to continue releasing experimental builds as we were before now, however expect a delay of a few weeks before the first of these goes up as we have quite a bit of code for the new Geoscape UI to merge across and test.

I am going to post a complete change list for this new build, but need to do it across multiple posts to work around the forum character limit (it's a big list of changes!).
    Last edited by Aaron; 08-30-2013 at 16:12.

Here's the complete changelist V18 -> V19 (hidden in spoiler tags to protect the page layout):

Continued below.
    Last edited by Aaron; 08-30-2013 at 15:23.

Part 2 of the changelist:

Last edited by Aaron; 08-30-2013 at 15:22.

Thanks.
    Spoiler - change list very long. Should I try V19 stable Yes.

Just to make everyone aware, the updates on Desura and Humble Store will likely be on Monday. I'm also getting in touch with the porter so we can start work on getting V19 Stable across to Mac / Linux.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Woop, time to start my deep game

V19's leaps and bounds better than V18, if you ask me. I can't wait to see how V20's going to turn out. Keep up the good work!

I actually did try to play OpenXcom recently, but I couldn't. I don't think I can ever go back to X-Com now: the entire time I was thinking, "This is great and all, but I'd much rather be playing Xenonauts."
    Details and updates on my map packs in this thread. I'll bump it when I've got something for you from now on.

Stinky Map Pack 2: Currently 71 maps. 15th November update: a fix for my industrial maps in v20 can be downloaded here. Extract it into your Xenonauts dir, after you've installed either community review packs or Stinky Map Pack 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Stinky View Post
    V19's leaps and bounds better than V18, if you ask me. I can't wait to see how V20's going to turn out. Keep up the good work!

I actually did try to play OpenXcom recently, but I couldn't. I don't think I can ever go back to X-Com now: the entire time I was thinking, "This is great and all, but I'd much rather be playing Xenonauts."
    Open xcom?! pah, curse your superior resolutions, tooltips and lack of bugs!

Awards:
    Posting Award
    well done everyone involved.
    "...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Rookie
    BRAVO!

it's great when something this huge comes together, excellent work everyone!