Whoa friendly AI units have upgraded weapons?

I think the proper thing to do is to make the local forces' weapons unavailable as loot. Maybe flag it somehow so that it'll disappear after the mission. Also, doesn't it seem a bit strange that farmers and cops would have access to laser weapons? I figured that special forces and a few select normal armies would have access, but there wouldn't be enough mass manufactured to give to everyone, particularly civilians.

I like the idea of local forces upgrading to laser based weapons. Although i feel only nations with more power military forces should make it to lasers(USA, SU, UK, AUSTRAILIA, etc) and john the cabbage grower should stick to his double barrel.

I remember picking up an AK47 from a militia before, I think it had a 30 round mag (default rifle has a 20 round mag) if so, tail those UFOs around the middle east!

Some other things like the farmer's shotgun (which looks different in the inventory) says it has 12 rounds, but I think thats the same with the bug where my default shotguns say they have 12 rounds but other times only 6. =\

I already said it somewhere, but I'll repeat here because it seems the right place:

Laser weapons should become freely available to the Xenonaut soldiers when they enter widespread use. Obviously they are produced in large quantities, just like M16A1s.

Oh, and a bathroom is a must. Remember X-Com Apocalypse?

I think that this could be taken in an interesting direction...

Why not make the upgrading the forces of nations a major project...

Involving sending a sample of laser weapons to a morally ambiguous company.... And a very large increase in the number of global casualties, as laser pistols become synonymous with gang violence.

The stuff in green is a joke, and will always be a joke, remember.

Laser weapons should become freely available to the Xenonaut soldiers when they enter widespread use. Obviously they are produced in large quantities, just like M16A1s.

I agree. At any case, the weapons must remain lootable. Making them non-lootable is unrealistic to say the least. If farmers can have laser weapons, though, it makes sense for them to become freely available for the Xenonauts, just like the ballistic weapons at the beginning of the game.

About the funding.. Is the Xenonauts organisation some United Nations sanctioned thing, or isn't more like a private organisation asking for funding?

I don't think the United States (and other nations) would just throw money after me if I started a company like that to combat alien invaders. In the beginning they would most likely think they could do a much better job themself. But as the company proves it's worth the nations would give you more.

It was created in response to a gigantic UFO (probably a battleship) that appeared in 1958. They got a treaty with a bunch of nations to fund them, and were pretty big. But, as time passed, over 20 years actually, no UFOs showed up, so they downsized until they had one base, with you as it's commander. Then, lo and behold, more UFOs show up, and you get to build the Xenonauts up again. (At least, that's the story as I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;))

It's too late for doing it yourself, that opportunity ended with the Steam release. If you ask nicely, Chris might make an exception, since you did preorder it before hand. However, you didn't register on the forums and claim it, so it could go either way, I guess.