question about granate and suggestion for medikit

i'm guessing it's about throwing grenade above walls for the 1st part. I know that i can throw above half-obstacles, not full obstacles (it bounces)

I also noticed that obstacles adjacent or within a couple tiles of my soldier do not impair his shoots at a target 10+ tiles away, which is new and i'm glad :)

For the medkit, it works the same as aiming process with weapons, starting at 5 TUs use. It's fine with me (adding a new button for special cases may not be do-able easily)

Kind of following on from the earlier questions...how do you even use a medikit? I can't for the life of me figure out how...I can't find a hotkey for it anywhere and looking over things on the UI, I can't find a heal icon or similar on it.

Oh, and are medical packs one-use items, no matter how many TUs you spend, or are they TU limited, or is having one in your kit enough, and you can use them infinite times?

open inventory, drag and drop it on main weapon slot (you need room to put weapon in backpack), close inventory.

You can activate it like a weapon (R key by default) and right click to increase the TUs cost to improve the HPs healed on the target, left click adjacent target to use.

I had a slight bug a couple times with it and did not reproduce it willingly : it used all my TUs (i wanted a big heal) but it consumed 1 (out of 50) charge of the medikit and healed 1HP to the target, instead of 20+ for the amount of TUs selected. I'll try to reproduce it, hopefully with a report sometime soon

My issue with medkits is that I can't use them on the same soldier that is carrying them. If I have my leg shot up, I should be able to patch it. Having an arm blown off would ... complicate ... the issue, but not every wound is a crippling arm wound.

And if my arm is far too wounded to patch up, then how come I have the ability to fire MGs, Rockets, and Sniper Rifles? These require the use of both limbs, and preferably a steady mount to shoot from. It is not possible to fire these one-handed, even with a supporting structure like a crate or low wall.

If my arm is too badly injured to use a medkit, I should be relegated to using a pistol as well until healed.

Well, my first thought is that the game isn't necessarily intended to be realistic. In the original XCOM soldiers couldn't heal themselves, and in this one they can't either. I don't have an issue with this, in fact I think it makes for more tense gameplay. If you can't heal yourself, you have to get a guy over there to heal him, which may not be possible at that moment. If he's bleeding, then it's even more tense.