lt1956

Small suggestion to developers if possible to add to Xeno 2

hello,

I wanted to know if its possible or do you think its a good idea to have the ballistic weapons and armor be based off the area the base is located.

Example

North and South America being American Weapons and Armor

Europe, Australia, Africa being European Weapons and Armor

USSR, IndoChina, MiddleEast being Soviet Weapons and Armor

I think this could really add to the feel that region dictates the basic supply type. Of course later when alien Tech is available all the armor and weapons would be the same, but I doubt during the cold war that the USSR, US or Europe would agree on the above.

Weapons is maybe doable and a very good Idea.

But the Cevlar-Armor / Cevlar-Vest is for all the same, because it´s a specal Armor-Adaption which was done for our Soldiers for a better Protection against the Standard-Soldiers.

The 3 main powers would never work together even on an alien invasion. Only over time would they start to as things got worse. My point was making it different in the beginning and then showing them unit after time fighting the UFO's. it would add immersion. Everyone holding hands at the start is a pipe dream, just look at the UN to see how well that went. lol

The world currently is fuckup sure but do not make this thread into political statements.

For the discussion, It would be good to have weapons from different countries (especially European), but I wonder what difference would they have in game except the look. Also consider that the vanilla ballistic earth weapon would be phased out quickly after new types of weapons being researched midgame and you won't pick them up again, so it do not worth the time for much development.

8 hours ago, EurekaSeven said:

The world currently is fuckup sure but do not make this thread into political statements.

For the discussion, It would be good to have weapons from different countries (especially European), but I wonder what difference would they have in game except the look. Also consider that the vanilla ballistic earth weapon would be phased out quickly after new types of weapons being researched midgame and you won't pick them up again, so it do not worth the time for much development.

I agree, I would prefer the devs to put time and energy into other aspects of the game instead of making new designs for weapons that can be replaced in an hour of playing. However, I guarantee someone would make a mod for this. I remember a pretty popular mod from the original xenonauts where they allow you to use Soviet style weapons, so there is a really high chance a similar mod will come out soon after this game launches (or maybe even before during the open beta or early access). 

Well what about something else, the Base location causing recruitment from that area? So a base in Africa gets more Africans and USSR more Russians? Its kinda pooled as it is now. I know this game was original more micromanaged with ammo costs etc. The changes I suggest are more for immersion that actual function. Also not everyone ditches the Ballistics, In my game I stay with them for a long time to the added challenge, I always felt the change to higher tech happens too fast, In real life you can get tech that fast even for a game.

Eureka, I was not trying to make a political statement, Just a fact that the Nations have not united in much while there is peace, Covid is prime example that nations are looking out for themselves, which is Exactly what would happen in 1979 between the world powers.

Some examples of not researching enough on the game, was weapons, The m-60, 1911A1, AND m-26 Grenade would all be in use at that time. My M9, M247 would not be used till the Mid 80's the MK2 grenade was phased out after Korea. There could have been ballistic upgrades, like Alenium Bullets that make them more effective. Large capacity magazines, and less TU for Burst fire. I feel Ballistic is just a filler, there should be more use of conventional weapons before turning into Startrek.

You have the Standard-Ballistic-Upgrade after Researching the Alien-Magnet-Weapons.

And yes some more Upgrades for Ballistic Weapons were cool, especially for the beginning Phase.

I think that having different ballistic weapons would be kinda pointless. The difference between 5.56x45 and 5.45x39 isn't that huge and I don't think the difference between the two rounds would justify the time to develop and extra "clutter" in the inventory.

The harder Hit and other things with the Alien-Magnets helps a lot to win the Missions and Airfights, esp. in the Beginning-Phase. If the Ammo get an Upgrade too it would be cool, and with that slow Steps the next Generation "Gauss Weapons" will be then comming step by step.

The Same with Laser Weapons, which need more Research at the beginning. From now it´s to fast to get first Generation Laser-Weapons.