Getting demo to work tips?

Good news - the demo looks great. Bad news is it locks on me before I finish one turn.

Does this run on Win7 64 bit?

I'm running a very fast PC with lots of memory and a Radeon HD 6970 with the latest (todays) driver.

After I move about half my squad I get noise through my speakers and the game locks. Then I have to do a hard boot.

All suggestions welcome.

PS: Game really does look great. I love the artwork and design. I absolutely think this could co-exist very nicely in the market with the new Firaxis game.

I am in NO way a tech but that could be an audio issue not sure. Did you try rolling back your ATI Drivers to the previous batch and run the game to see if that works?

I don't think it is a win 7 64 bit issue as I'm running that also with no problems. Sorry you are having a tough time with it - hopefully it can get sorted :)

I'm using Win 64-bit with no issues of the type you've described. It can't be the OS that's your problem. As far as video cards go, I'm just using an older nVidia card. I think it's a gtx 460 or something like that.

Is there a chance that having the absolute latest driver is a problem? A one day old driver hasn't been around long enough for people to have reported obscure bugs regarding it.

Anyone else run with the radeon cards?

Most people I remember talking to had nvidia cards and it worked fine.

I'm using a HD 4890. So, it's not low level graphical code issues methinks as all the crashes I get are bug related (ie, launching two transports at once etc...)

After I move about half my squad I get noise through my speakers and the game locks. Then I have to do a hard boot.

Stuff like that usually means it's a hardware problem. A bad hard drive could perhaps do that, or many other broken things. I had similar issues with my SSD drive before firmware update. If you have multiple hard drives, I'd suggest trying another one and doing a chkdsk on the one you're using now (doesn't hurt anyway).

But if it's a problem that occurs ONLY with Xenonauts, then it could be anything, like a rare driver incompatibility issue, but having to do a hard boot is kind of a warning sign here, at least in my experience. Win7 generally is very stable, so it's usually a hardware issue. I hope I'm wrong and it's something really simple and you can get it fixed easily :)