Does anyone have an tips for assaulting scout crafts? right now I have a heck of a time getting into the engineering section as their are usually 2 -3 aliens inside that just tear me to shreds with reaction fire, and it's difficult to lob grenades into it in such a way to actually get them in the blast zone, as they are always lined up against the wall just waiting patiently.

I've killed my best friend in 5 different new games because of this :P

its mainly to do with the AI not working properly so aliens are not as aggressive, kinda sit still at times.

If your talking about rear compartment wiith 2 doors and a power core inside- I assault both doors at the same time. I save up time units- 1step in fire... retreat - next xenonaut in fire - retreat- that way i am not a sitting duck

its mainly to do with the AI not working properly so aliens are not as aggressive, kinda sit still at times.

If your talking about rear compartment wiith 2 doors and a power core inside- I assault both doors at the same time. I save up time units- 1step in fire... retreat - next xenonaut in fire - retreat- that way i am not a sitting duck

Actually I meant the other section (the 3 by 12 rectangle) that I have issue with (I always thought that was the engineering section lol)

I've tried pinning ferret and regular missiles in but that either has no effect or goes horrobly wrong

Ps: sorry, typing this on a phone

Run a soldier in with a grenade in each hand and frag 'em or spam rockets in there. There is not much else you can do at the moment as riot shields, poison gas and flash bangs haven't been put in yet. Just keep running guys in there as they have to run out of APs at some point.

As a heads up, damage from grenades seems to go through the walls of the back section of the Scout UFO.

I end up tossing a couple of grenades on the tile next to the back window to kill one or two aliens (and not set off the powercore).

As a heads up, damage from grenades seems to go through the walls of the back section of the Scout UFO.

I end up tossing a couple of grenades on the tile next to the back window to kill one or two aliens (and not set off the powercore).

It can work with rockets too, but there's a chance you blow the whole thing up. A sergeant is more valuable than $50k though really. Unless it's your first scout.

Instead of standing on the tile straight across from the door I move soldiers one tile to the right, and another one tile to the left, or the doorway and have them change their facing to look into the scout. Then you can just right click on the door to open it without going in. This MIGHT help you see an alien or two and be able to fire at them without exposing yourself to as much risk.

It can work with rockets too, but there's a chance you blow the whole thing up. A sergeant is more valuable than $50k though really. Unless it's your first scout.

Oh yeah. I generally make it go bang after I've got the first core. Pretty explosions!

If you know the remaining aliens are in there, I would use the Hunter ( or whatever the vehicle is called) and bombard the outside with rockets. If you keep trying from different angles, you are eventually going to kill everything inside, as they seem to always camp by the walls. If you want this to go by quicker, send someone in far enough to see where they're standing, then quickly retreat

I was trying to hit inside of the ufo with hunter rockets from reasonable distance to get rid of the reactionplasma trio inside, but all I got was scratched surface of ufo and hunter out of rockets :(

I could really use munition counter for hunter..

There is not much else you can do at the moment as riot shields, poison gas and flash bangs haven't been put in yet.

I believe you're thinking of a ballistic shield, not a riot shield. I'd imagine alien alloys would need to be involved in order to make it effective versus plasma weapons, as well. Would be a neat concept, then.

I just had to step in to make sure that ridiculous thing from Modern Warfare isn't being perpetuated ;) Even ballistic shields designed to stop nothing more than handguns are extremely heavy and cumbersome, and I don't even know if they make any that stop rifles, but alien alloy / superconductors could make it a viable concept.

Edited by Stromko

And maybe get a better one-handed weapon before research into energy based armaments.

I'm looking foward to see the non-lethal weapons!! Taser guns, electric rods... But obviously the final passage ritual to become a true xenonaut: Bring back a live alien using nothing more than a simple policemen baton. :eek:

Ah. Can you report a bug that the Hunter is not showing ammo then please? It should be, and it used to.

I noticed this but thought I had broken it when I was trying to mod in the smoke grenade/flare launcher...

I believe you're thinking of a ballistic shield, not a riot shield. I'd imagine alien alloys would need to be involved in order to make it effective versus plasma weapons, as well. Would be a neat concept, then.

I was assuming that they used the same process that they used with the F-17 armour to make it viable against plasma weapons.

Alien alloys would just make a much better one :)

Edited by Gauddlike