Yes, they should definitely wait until the KS has closed. I'm hatching various schemes atm, because it closes at the 10th, and I get paid the 12th every month. Obviously there usually isn't much money left, so I'll have to hide some in another account so I can transfer it back on the 10th!

Well technically you don't need to pay on the 10th. I believe you have 7 days after a kickstarter closes to correct any faults with your payment? But you should probably check up on the FAQs about that.

I'm fairly certain that I paid double fine 2-3 days after that project ended (stupid Amazon and their trial charges and stupid E-visa and thier disableing of generated cards after trial charges are made.)

The e-mail confirmation I got said my card would be charge on the day. We'll see when Grim Dawn get's funded in about a week. :)

I too believe it's not THAT strict, would be crazy. If it waits two days, I'm all set. Been working like a boss, so my June payment is going to be legendary.

Yes, it will be charged on the day but if Amazon can't complete the transaction for whatever reason, you have a few days to fix it before your pledge is nulled. (I think. I would still suggest you visit the FAQ and not just take my word for it)

If your pledge was declined just login to Kickstarter and click the “Action Needed” system message on the top of your screen. It will redirect you to Amazon, where you can change your payment method. Alternately, we'll send you an email every 48 hours with a direct link to correct the issue. Don't delay, however: backers have seven days to correct payment issues before they are dropped from the project (and therefore no longer eligible to receive rewards).

Pretty fair and square.

Hmm. We've actually oversold the $200 pledge due to all the existing forum-goers pleding $170 and then asking to have their current pre-order added. Whoops. We'll honour those, but please, nobody else do it :P

Right, time to get working on the stretch goals. And maybe post an update.

Hmm. We've actually oversold the $200 pledge due to all the existing forum-goers pleding $170 and then asking to have their current pre-order added. Whoops. We'll honour those, but please, nobody else do it :P

Right, time to get working on the stretch goals. And maybe post an update.

Whoops indeed! I can't remember the reason why I didn't do that. I had a good one. Oh well. I'm just glad there'll be a lot of portraits in the game! :D

Not sure if it has been mentioned.

How about Pilot Portraits. They only appear on the equip aircraft screen, display name, nationality, years of service.

Also as mentioned before the plane gains a specific call sign. F16-Boomer

This way you could hire second artist to do this, and could create a mockup. Also perhaps arrange a bulk deal with them. 50 at $25 etc.

Also if you have enough portraits to cover the maximum number of craft available... you would see your name more often than asa xenonaut.

by preview/frontview you mean when browsing different projects on kickstarter? or do you mean on the whole xenonauts kickstarter page?

preview/frontpage view is what you see on kickstarter without clicking into xenonaut project page. for example if you search for xenonauts on kick starter, the search result page displays the preview in a small box with abbreviated description. right now the short description says "A blend of turn-based ground combat and strategic command, Xenonauts puts you in charge of defending the world from alien ".

What part of the portrait FAQ are you refering to? Where it says "(unfortunately there are no female soldiers in Xenonauts)" ?

the FAQ i'm referring to is under "I’m interested in having my portrait done as a soldier in the game. What are the restrictions?"

Pretty amazing to think this is likely going to fund this afternoon! I'm really excited - glad it's on Kickstarter and getting all sorts of buzz (still a top "Staff Pick" in the games category). I was hoping pcgamer.com would pick up the story but I haven't seen it yet (despite tweeting them). In some ways, another blast of publicity as other sites pick up the story will be a good thing, too.

Judging by what is happening on kickstarter, the budget it will be exceeded. I am personally very happy this.

Question for Chris: If kickstarter collect more than 50,000$, will be whether any improvements and additions in design and mechanics of the game?

Chris, there is a small html error in the kickstarter page.

In the FAQ question, the answer to "What happens if I've already pre-ordered Xenonauts?" there is your e-mail address. The address link should be "mailto:chris@xenonauts.com" and not "http://mailto:chris@xenonauts.com/". The link does not work correctly.

Hmmm. We could add a pilot picture to the planes, I guess. That might be a nice add-on.

YAY! my elaborate... I mean amazing.... no no thats not the word, I mean ....dodgy looking mock up could become the real deal.

Sign me up as Flight LT Easter of the afraid of heights squadron!

Pretty amazing to think this is likely going to fund this afternoon! I'm really excited - glad it's on Kickstarter and getting all sorts of buzz (still a top "Staff Pick" in the games category). I was hoping pcgamer.com would pick up the story but I haven't seen it yet (despite tweeting them). In some ways, another blast of publicity as other sites pick up the story will be a good thing, too.

absolutely agree. i have not seen much media coverage except shacknews. how do you go about getting them to notice? ring em up?