• 3 weeks later...

A friend of me has suggested he finds it hard to get interested in the game, because partly, the website isn't updated and it has only a few pictures on it. I suspect for many people, who may not have the time or inclination to get the demo, might be more inclined to give it a go if the website was a bit more up to date and had a bit more variety in pictures.

Plus maybe incorporate the news into the landing page so people can tell the game's still making progress and they can find about the kickstarter immediately without clicking news, maybe a x-com style news ticker on the screen. It's sad to say, but a lot of people tend to make snap judgments and when you click on xenonauts, it looks rather static.

That's a really good idea - make it really clear from both the Xenonauts and Goldhawk pages that the Kickstarter's going on. What about signature banner graphics that people can put into their sigs advertising the Kickstarter? I've seen that for other Kickstarters. Always good to spread the word!

Well, the preorder button takes you straight to kickstarter. That's a start. :)

Chris: Take a look at

. It might be good addition to the video gallery on the website. Seems like it's made by new player for new players and the guy explains the game quite nicely.

A friend of me has suggested he finds it hard to get interested in the game, because partly, the website isn't updated and it has only a few pictures on it. I suspect for many people, who may not have the time or inclination to get the demo, might be more inclined to give it a go if the website was a bit more up to date and had a bit more variety in pictures.

Plus maybe incorporate the news into the landing page so people can tell the game's still making progress and they can find about the kickstarter immediately without clicking news, maybe a x-com style news ticker on the screen. It's sad to say, but a lot of people tend to make snap judgments and when you click on xenonauts, it looks rather static.

+1 to this reasoning, webpage is way beyond the kickstarter introduction. It should be updated ASAP. :)

Pvt. Xenomask Red Shirt: Hello Mr Alien. Would you be my friend? (big puppy dog eyes)

Alien: Hsssssss >crunch<

Cpl Hicks: Nuke it from orbit! Nuke it from orbit!

Sgt thothkins: Does this mean I have to get out now?

Ctn Gauddlike: Right. next Red Shirt. Front and centre...

Pvt. Xenomask Red Shirt: Hello Mr Alien. Would you be my friend? (big puppy dog eyes)

Ctn Gauddlike: Right. next Red Shirt. Front and centre...

I miss a certain stack of pancakes contribution to this event.

Sgt Xenomask: Hello Mr Alien. Would you be my friend? (big puppy dog eyes)

Cms Pancakes: >< distant gun reports and civilian screaming.

Cdr Gauddlike: Right. next Red Shirt. Front and centre...

You might as well nuke whole Finland since you don't know where there I live :P

But yeah, seriously saying, site has pictures of Xenonauts, alien ships, but not actual aliens. I did long time ago see picture of Sebilians, but its not there anymore. Actually, now that I think of it, even the Kickstarter hasn't got screenshot of aliens....

You could show up "Witness sketches" of them in Iceland report or something.

Edited by XenoMask

On the Xenonauts website, under the UNIVERSE --> Background tab, why are there two 'Iceland Incidents' links? Looks unprofessional and should be fixed.

...Did you read them? They are file 1 & 2. Or part 1 & 2. At least thats what I recall from last time I read them.

Also, second Iceland Incident link DOES have "2" after it, but because its pushed over from the line its overs over the background below it :P