(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

I was always thinkink that 40 scientists i had was not enough.

You passed terror site because all your soldiers where wounded or injured? No reserve squad?

Are you playing every GC mission or you airstrike a lot?

I think yeah.. i need more scientist.. needed.. i think i will restart.. The terror site was after my bloody alien base attack... i got few reserves but the injured soldiers was at near dead..

I go for 1 gc mission per ufo attack wave mostly..

At XMT the research station only takes 10 rather then 15.. so a base need to be full of researchers..

I can only mention hat i did in 5.3 so:

40 scientists ASAP.

Have more soldiers: let say you have 30 more then usualy- which cost u 300K every month and 300K on start- but then you can do almost every ground combat mision in each vave so usualy 1 vave cover your costs and rest is profit comparing to air strikes- and it is huge difrence in XNT.

Radek how things with alien dificulty - Iam thinking to change they stats to one from 5.3 and start new game - it seems right now they way to easy- what you think?

I can only mention hat i did in 5.3 so:

40 scientists ASAP.

Have more soldiers: let say you have 30 more then usualy- which cost u 300K every month and 300K on start- but then you can do almost every ground combat mision in each vave so usualy 1 vave cover your costs and rest is profit comparing to air strikes- and it is huge difrence in XNT.

So i need to go nearly all GC missions to pay for that soldiers and workers?

But even u have 30 soldiers.. wont they unskilled becouse u use so much soldiers?

and how is the soldiers for hire changes? some of them realy bad and i dont want to buy them.. but list dont change..

After bulding or during bulding?

After. Game just crashes everytime i want to get into garag/hanger with scemitar/foxtort

Radek how things with alien dificulty - Iam thinking to change they stats to one from 5.3 and start new game - it seems right now they way to easy- what you think?

I think its better now. There is a lot of changes and im still testing everything but at least ur soldiers do not die as often as before.

Not only for soldiers and worker but planes new bulding etc. etc. I did 80 GC in 5 months in 5.3.

Build base of soldiers trough few months so: in first hire the one that are decent plus 2-3 week for sheilds/scouts duty when they die hire another 2-3 for same role. In the meantime you always get another few good to hire so do this before EOTmonth. With new month do the same hire decnet once only(yes at beging of each month the poll of soldiers is changing) this way in 3 monts u can have good base of soldiers, and if you rotate them a lot - they will not be so week like new one- of course you will not have a squad of super soldiers this way but adventage of that is that it usualy dosent mater you lose some during GC misions. It was my tactics some other people may have beter one tactics then mine.

I really like the mod. I am still early into my run, but one thing I would like to see is a more clear indication for the brunching tech-trees.

It is kind of easy to lose track of what tech is based upon an advanced ballistic, hellgate tech and laser tech (for a beginner at least)

TD please...

Enemies nearly never get suppress... so heavy weapons are useless and I like to use them..

Flash bomb is only one sequer? And it's totally useless too..

Is there a good point to use napalm? I just use it to open my front to enemy because it explode when I throw..

Thx

Huh, I thought TD got this when he posted on guide that 2nd base should be placed at the second month. I treated this as 5.3 and started with 2 bases straight away, but doing so exhausted my funds so quickly that I can barely get the second base operational. I have no idea how people are managing to set up 3 bases straight away or >60 scientist+engineers (if my understanding is correct).

Huh, I thought TD got this when he posted on guide that 2nd base should be placed at the second month. I treated this as 5.3 and started with 2 bases straight away, but doing so exhausted my funds so quickly that I can barely get the second base operational. I have no idea how people are managing to set up 3 bases straight away or >60 scientist+engineers (if my understanding is correct).

I just build a base per month... staring with middle east then maerica then india.. with time with 3 radar i can cover enough world..

Starting with 3 base at first month.. there is maybe 5-6 ufos at first month anyway..

I confirm something is wrong with suppression: grenades suppress aliens fine, but ballistic weapons don't. I expect to suppress most enemies with 2-3 machinegun bursts, but it just does not work at all

also, I find the Hunter vehicle is hard/costly to build (plus you need an overly expensive garage), and anyway it requires 3x2 space in the ship so you can't have an 8-person squad... I'd like to see smth more handy early on

I confirm something is wrong with suppression: grenades suppress aliens fine, but ballistic weapons don't. I expect to suppress most enemies with 2-3 machinegun bursts, but it just does not work at all

also, I find the Hunter vehicle is hard/costly to build (plus you need an overly expensive garage), and anyway it requires 3x2 space in the ship so you can't have an 8-person squad... I'd like to see smth more handy early on

I dont use the scout car mostly.. yeah sometimes it saves life but just at hard missions to sacrifice it.. its big, it doesnt fit mostly the corridors or roads with vehicles.. to be honest this is wrong and right same time from the vanilla game.. 2x2 was little but usefull at xcom but its very little if u want realism.. 3x3 is good but not so usefull.. i prefer to start scimitar with advenched dropship so 8 soldier with good tank...

well the hunter is inmunne to melee attacks, so when you start to face the bigger viper variant, you will be happy to count with one of those white bricks :)(the only issue i have now is that melee aliens are not so scary as they used to be :c). And for me,suppresion works fine o.O, you should notice that sebs are a little more resistant to suppression than caesans, you should try with those skinny grays, if they dont get sup'd then there is something wrong with your game.

well the hunter is inmunne to melee attacks, so when you start to face the bigger viper variant, you will be happy to count with one of those white bricks :)(the only issue i have now is that melee aliens are not so scary as they used to be :c). And for me,suppresion works fine o.O, you should notice that sebs are a little more resistant to suppression than caesans, you should try with those skinny grays, if they dont get sup'd then there is something wrong with your game.

So flashbang? is it ok just only one squere?

Vipers dont need any car if u figure out what to do... i killed my first big white one with 12 grenade at same turn :)

I think scatter laser is worst then ur standart heavy machine gun... and laser rifle now shoots 4 shotbut still only 12 at magasine.. but it hits hard so i think its balanced..

Can u stun vipers? what do i need to do? (XMT aliens i mean).. is there any gain for that?

Hello there, im posting this because i find some bugs in your amazing mod that nobody posted about :) :

-renaming a dropship (tested only with charlie atm)cause a crash when trying to replace soldier in it. Need to try to rename it to the base name to see if it solve the issue.

-Corvette datacore are sold directly after the end of the GC (for 500$ -.-), thus preventing the dissasembling and thus the goodies.(i researched corvette dissasembling prior to that)

-In the early research (something like the 15 first research), it appear that some xenopedia page is missing, idk what page for what tech thought :(.

-Some corpse doesnt appear on the ground inventory (the inventory of the tile your soldier is on), so far its a stunned delta viper and stunned alpha (the bipedal one). Didnt had the chance to check for other.

Also, when i tried to switch the medikit of one of my guy with his weapon on the ground, the weapon vanished and i couldnt equip something during the turn (the medikit didnt, if remember well)

-Foxtrot missiles doesnt update with the alemium explosive tech, it should be mammoth => selgad, but it stay to mammoth and i cant change the missile.

Annnnddd thats all i can remember for tonight.

regarding the laser rifle burst be superior to the scatter laser, i think youre using the weapon wrong ... its a precision (less than the sniper laser rifle) laser weapon, use it for medium-long ranges in aimed single shot, should hit, where the burst is only medium range ... so you should reconsider how you use your weapons, rifles are good at medium-long range, while heavy weapons (mg,scatterlaser and so on) are good for medium-short, esp. because there is a movement/aim penalty for heavy weapons. the shorter the range the more efficient the mg weapons get.

just my two cents

edit: cant reproduce your "bug" with the corvettes datacores, mine get deposited inside my stores as soon as the gc-mission ends, can see that i got 6 or so allready in store... if i just had enough hangars . you should try revalidating your game files, and reinstall the mod/s (xCE and XNT) maybe something wrong in your files.

Edited by Cazadore

So flashbang? is it ok just only one squere?

Vipers dont need any car if u figure out what to do... i killed my first big white one with 12 grenade at same turn :)

Thats why i stated that vipers arent so scary as they use to be SPECIALLLY the whites one, i managed to kill a delta with standard ballistic rifle burst, without getting one cassualty on veteran, imma start playing to insane now xD.

On a side note, thinking that a "scatter" laser should be precise is a kind of funny idea xD.

Ps: yes you can stun vipers.

To be honest I don't know why but heavy weapons are very bad at shooting at short range too.

The problem is u need to stay a turn to raise the hit chance at big weapons like snipers. It's ok for snipers because u use them stationary but with a short range weapon u need to get closer or go in for Los. . So the chance is getting lower and lower. Even nearly melee range u miss so much.

So if I need a short range good weapon I go for hellgate auto shotgun or laser rifle.

I try to put heavy weapons in use. So at least I expect a good suppression chance.

At 5.3 when u are near all weapons start to shoot ground. Now it's fixed but heavy weapons misses more then rifles at near same situations. . I mean at melee range I miss 4 of 5 sometimes.. laser rifle mostly hit 3 of 4 and shotguns no miss nearly..

So I still give a reason to myself to use the heavy guns.. and as I experienced scatter laser is worse then our first heavy weapon as accurate and damage output.

If u ask me it's very low shot per fire at scatter laser at all.. 5 at it and laser rifle is 4... so I think scatter needs at least 7... even so I prefer advanced ballistic heavy cannon much much more..

Heavy weapons need to be tested much more to get then to this mod..