(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

I have the GOG version. Do I need to install CE and settings separate from the mod? Thanks

You can still apply this pack to 1.09 Pure Xenonauts. ^^

Question, currently mid way game of a 5.31 version.

Are the save games compatible? (so can upgrade to V6?)

thnx!

No, sorry about that. Is not compatible :/

hi TD,found the first issue in my gameplay, the projectile of the alien anihilator phase is dont know how to explain it..when they shoot, they create a redish bright square around it,but the problem is that is TOTALLY squared. if you search in /mod/xnt5.4/projectile/star

you will notice what im saying, i changed to the pl_blue version and the "square" dissapear, i guess this is because it wasnt saved right or something :).

This is a old problem, I was unable to fix some of the texture issues in this engine.

Painfull proces of instaling but succesful. Can somone tell me now if I wana add some modifications- like visual change of armor pictures or medals, or add mappacks or FiTH of Kabil do I have to replace files in main game or just in mod section of XNT?

Depend in whatever you want. If you mod something that XNT dosent touch by XNT graphics mod the main assets directly.

Its complicated what iam changing by i get the drill. If I want replace how armor looks- then mian assets but if I want this armour pictures in xenopedia then XNT assets right?

@podbelski

I presume main assets, casue there is no map folder in XNT assets

but FiTH I dont know probably main ass well right?

Edited by Alewalek

skitso and kabill maps: ALL IN THE MAIN FOLDER

armours : the image on the main folder, the xenopedia images versions on the /mods/xnt/xenopedia images folder

medals,rank images,custom roles images,ui screens,aircombat images,aircraft,ufos and almost everything else: on the main folder :).

FitH: download and use the mod tools from the launcher, select the zip from whenever you have it and them apply...the same with every other mod that use XCE instalation method (in the main page of everyo mod the dev will tell you if you need to use this method).

Edited by blackwolf

They say that FiTH goes only with maps and tiles and I presume this has to go to main ass well so not sure that if u goes by moding tool you will do right.

actuay if u in doubt u can place files in main assets and in xnt shouldnt make a problem unless this is xml files

Edited by Alewalek

mmmmm i installed it via mod tools, i searched again in his thread and there is two versions...one from 1.09 vainilla, and another one from xce0.26 and above....i suggest you to use the xce version wich is more easy to use and will keep you away from compatible issues

(remember that xnt add "little windows" to the internal ufo doors...and i saw a lot of post because this in his thread).

Sorry if this is more to do with vanilla than XNT, but how do I equip the hunter with the rocket launcher? I've researched the rocket turret, then built one in the workshop, but in the garage screen I only see the .30 cal MG, I can't see anywhere to use the rocket launcher instead.

thanks

@

blackwolf

Did u actualy chek is it working for u, after instaling FiTH by moding tool i get this folder in mods but in GC crash site is like in vanila - no changes( no fire & smoke) and no compartment in ufo just 1 big room like in vanila.

@TD

About first GC misiion- i met 2 blue cesans without weapons that was running all over the place- they had 1-2 grenades only, and minor viper siting in ufo that didnt ataked me after i closed door to the ufo beeing 2-3 tiles away from it.

Sory the viper was blocked by egg in ufo- but when i unbloked it by kiling egg he was nice and calm as pupy runing 5 turns right and left outside ufo and catching some metal objects that was going out of my soldiers firearms- similar to those cesans

Edited by Alewalek

Is damage number removed on Insane for Hell Gate? I noticed its lack straight away and was wondering if it was by design. Grenades also don't seem to explode immediately but at EOT, so beginning to worry if I messed up some sort of mod priority order when I touched xml files to remove map reveal etc.

Edited by ventuswings

Thank you for the response, so I know I have to revolutionize my grenade doctrine without worry. Haven't seen that on the change log so was bit confusing. :cool:

Also time to go modify damage number display then...

Edit: Huh. Looks like I need to modify main config.xml? I don't see damagetext present.

Edited by ventuswings