Female Soldiers

Excuse me, will there be pole dancers in the terror site? Only requires a few new animations right? I mean it worked in Duke Nukem...

*shudders*

No.

Everyone is wearing power armour, and could you imagine Lucy or Dix pole-dancing?

What do you think they're wearing under that armour... Wait, hold on, Dix is a chick!?!

• 2 months later...

As I understand there will not be any females implemented in the game, but I guess there will be a mod for female soldiers ;)

I have started with an all female mod - here are what I made so far:

Screenshoot-Basic.jpg

Screenshoot-Jacal.jpg

As soon as I figure out how the animation files are build, I will start creating animation too.

--O--

Screenshoot-Basic.jpg

Screenshoot-Jacal.jpg

Screenshoot-Basic.thumb.jpg.808d42480c6c

Screenshoot-Jacal.thumb.jpg.4f35c585ed63

It is not difficult to make the animation - here is an example:

From Idle to single-shot, rifle, direction SE, basic armor (looped 5 times)

[video=youtube_share;uQ0YuIy-4AA]

The problem is how to replace the pictures in the animation files:

singleshoot_se.jpg

Could be like this

singleshoot_se copy.jpg

(It is not correct, need more work)

And a screenshot (almost forgot it):

Clip0006.jpg

--O--

singleshoot_se.jpg

singleshoot_se copy.jpg

Clip0006.jpg

singleshoot_se.jpg.ba7cbc550616f1f347ff2

577e7c827cc07_singleshoot_secopy.jpg.5b7

Clip0006.thumb.jpg.5d194ca9c8614d129c773

Edited by oracle1990
Forgot screenshot

do still look a wee bit out of place though

I installed the game 5 days ago - I have never hear about it before. I think it is good enough consider the time I have used on this game/mod. I also had to eat, sleep, work, be social, watch tv, play this game, play other games and so on...

--:)--

Hello,

females on battlescape... nah.. let modders do that ... however for the soldier screen via geoscape... should be easy to shoehorn in.

basis of females in combat before 1979...

In United States Civil war (definitely before 1980's) had females snuck in serving as soldiers. those did, reduced or disguised themselves as males somehow, those caught is simply delegated to camp support of the same unit she sneaked into.

I heard a story or two somewhere female somehow did combat during WW-II, not partistans. I have not heard of any female combatants in vietnam or later wars up to 1979, cuz of United States' stringent physical checks and boot camp.

So I imagine because of "multiple country" involvement, there might be few... no better to say.. female soldiers is uber-rare, probably one sneaked in under male disguise then discovered. and doubt countries is willing to waste time on diplomacy "telling xenonauts to remove that stubborn lady", just because she did get in and wants to kill those that shot her husband or her babies...

I would leave this novel approach on femmes soldiers to modders.

R

I'm impressed with how good it looks considering that you seem to use a 3D modeler, while Chris models are 2D (as far as I understands he uses 3D modles in the first step but then has the artist (or rendering program?) draw the sprites based on screencaps of the models?).

Is there a simple way to add a black outline to your models to make them look more 2 dimensional? (looking at the screencap that's what strikes me as the largest difference)

EDIT: Ryanit I don't think people that want female soldiers really need a reason as to why Xenonauts allow for female soldiers. at least not since it's going to be a mod rather then part of the released game.

Thinking up reasons are fun though and I don't see why we (well the modders at least) can't use a reason if someone comes up with a really good one. (So I' dont want you to stop.)

Edited by Gorlom

basis of females in combat before 1979...

In United States Civil war (definitely before 1980's) had females snuck in serving as soldiers. those did, reduced or disguised themselves as males somehow, those caught is simply delegated to camp support of the same unit she sneaked into.

--- and so on ---

R

I see that several is talking about female soldiers in 1979. Well, in 1979 there was not a global war against alien. There was no laser weapons (that I know of) or Buzzard

armour.jpg

, Colossus

armour.jpg

, Predator

armour.jpg

or Sentiel

armour.jpg

armour's. This game is not a historical document ;)

My reason to have female soldiers are simple; I am going to spend hours with this game and I have to "play with guys"? I prefer to rest my eyes on a female face (body) when I can - simple as that.

In my mod I will use another aproach on armour: In the game the armour is getting bigger. This is an approch that can go for a while, but as reasearch is developing, the armour should become more light weighted and smaller; in example developmen could go like this (from left to right):

Female-soldier-V18 copy.jpg

--O--

armour.jpg

armour.jpg

armour.jpg

armour.jpg

Female-soldier-V18 copy.jpg

armour.jpg.06b810a1ca556120ff8f71e06f6f3

armour.jpg.f17a6916fdfe7721d670e6f7be8e1

armour.jpg.4f2271f8505cf1cb81ed585fc9c27

armour.jpg.8d5f2fc98c0107493907bb7676db7

577e7c8293b27_Female-soldier-V18copy.thu