[X1.09 + X:CE 0.26HF] XENOPHOBIA- Ultimate Compilation Mod

that makes me think i am playing an outdated version but i cant find the actual one which is stated in the topics title...

This is because Xenophobia is both 1.08 and 1.09 compatible and uses 0.25HF because of stability issues with 0.26. 1.4.8 is infact the latest(At least, for now).

so basically the topics title is not correct?

I don't know if you can change the topics title after you post the OP though, i could be wrong. But yeah it is "wrong" but originally that was what it only supported/used(1.07/8/9+XCE 0.26) until the mod reverted back to using 0.25, like i said, due to the issues with 0.26.

For example, Skitso's oppressive UI mod says 1.07 in the title but in reality it supports 1.09 with optional XCE 0.27 compatibility.

I repeat one again

NO ANY ASSETS OF XNT IS ALLOWED TO BE INCLUDED

Slayer please keep your content exclusive separated as a Add-On expansion for XNT.

I dont want to go back for this issue again.

I ask you and you promise to make Xenophobia completely separated from XNT.

Right now your taking lot of content of multiple modders:

Tactical Dragon,

Sentelin,

Theon Grey

Max Caine,

Kabill,

You dont have permission to include any pack complete with this content without permission.

There is a concept of modding ethics, something that has existed in the modding communities of various games for many years. Including assets of other mods without permission - and especially when asked not to - has always been unacceptable in these communities. Aside from those ethics, there are also specific rules laid out by Goldhawk, which state the same thing: do not include assets of others without permission.

This is not a war is a issue of respect the work of others.

If slayer wants to make his own mod go head but dont recycle other people works.

This mod is working with:

- Other people weapons design, aliens, elements, that require lot of time.

- Working on Accuracy/Wound/Damage system that I build and statistical design for XNT mod, I'm a pro numeric system designer this is not a easy task.

- Taking on xenopedia and inclusions of Max_Caine and Theon Greyjoy.

I repeat again, make other system and other mod that dont compromise XNT mod, we dont want to see this mod mixed with Xenophobia anymore.

If you players want to be happy, I will let you know that I quit working on XNT because this problem, I see my work vulnerable and time wasted.

I repeat, remove and assets, and if is possible make a different mod at this point.

After leaving XNT the only thing that I want to see is the work of my team mates remain pure.

There is a concept of modding ethics, something that has existed in the modding communities of various games for many years. Including assets of other mods without permission - and especially when asked not to - has always been unacceptable in these communities. Aside from those ethics, there are also specific rules laid out by Goldhawk, which state the same thing: do not include assets of others without permission.

But shouldn't a communities mod work like a community? I mean sharing the work with other modders to make the game better?

If slayer wants to make his own mod go head but dont recycle other people works.

- Working on Accuracy/Wound/Damage system that I build and statistical design for XNT mod, I'm a pro numeric system designer this is not a easy task.

I repeat again, make other system and other mod that dont compromise XNT mod, we dont want to see this mod mixed with Xenophobia anymore.

If you players want to be happy, I will let you know that I quit working on XNT because this problem, I see my work vulnerable and time wasted.

I repeat, remove and assets, and if is possible make a different mod at this point.

After leaving XNT the only thing that I want to see is the work of my team mates remain pure.

so from what i understand you don't want xenophobia on your mod? I see the mod of slayer like a compability patch to put all the mod work together (the more the merrier) but My thoughts may be wrong and i'm not happy that you quit on xnt it's a waste of a valuable modder.

Edited by The Watcher

But shouldn't a communities mod work like a community? I mean sharing the work with other modders to make the game better?

The choice should rest with the creator of the mod. The creator may allow others to use the mod directly, or may not, it's the author's choice. This is especially because one can always make modifications to someone else's mod without actually including the first mod.

This is silly. The mod is a compilation mod. Its just trying to get a bunch of mods to work together. It sounds like he has asked you if he can use your assets not as his own mod, but as a COMPILATION. Having features from a variety of mods does take effort on slayer's part, and it is valuable for the community and for the many people who want to see the features of these multiple mods working together.

All you are accomplishing by not allowing him to create a compilation with your assets is forcing people to do all of this work themselves manually. Why? How do you benefit? No one does. If you just need a boost to your ego or an e-peen stroke, then I'm sure everyone, myself included can say we all appreciate your hard work and effort into creating XNT mod and making this game better.

Assuming you set off into modding to make the game better, why hinder another person's effort to do exactly that? He is more than willing to give you credit.

Let's all take a step back, shall we? I must still change out the artwork and swap the sounds used, probably change the names on stuff too, which I am still in the process of doing. "Numbers" arent even the heart of the issue at the moment as this data has already been altered.

XNT team is being credited and always will be.

Please, no more talk of this, thank you.

Edited by Slayerjerman

If you just need a boost to your ego or an e-peen stroke, then I'm sure everyone, myself included can say we all appreciate your hard work and effort into creating XNT mod and making this game better.

Assuming you set off into modding to make the game better, why hinder another person's effort to do exactly that? He is more than willing to give you credit.

This argument is totally invalid and innacurated, this is about RESPECT, we ask multiple times to this user to keep his mod separated because of his behavior, I don't want to resurrect older things here, we reach to the conclusion to not support anymore this mod for multiple infractions. Dont blame on me, blame the creator of this compilation.

I'm pretty sure that slayer make lot of effort but he can make his own mod and dont steal other people works.

XNT team is being credited and always will be.

Please, no more talk of this, thank you.

This is your solution? Ignore this and go on? No, you need to remove all content and make your own mod, we have the opportunity and break it again.

I ask you again, Remove it.

Keep making calling it whatever you want... you and your team is credited, nothing is "stolen" and furthermore I have had permission to use the assets by you yourself 2 months ago...should I post that screenshot again?..... look man, I told you already I am still working on this. Fact of the matter, XNT has become horribly outdated and you guys even said yourself you're not supporting it anymore. That being said, I WANT that content out of my mod because I am tired of fixing your bugs.

You keep repeating yourself over and over and I GET IT already. How about giving some respect and receive some in return? I honestly wanted to work together... whatever man.

I was going to make a semi-long winded post requesting some clarifications and questioning why all the s--- is getting flipped, but slayer's last post addressed some of it.

The last remaining thing was pointing out that it seems like the issue is with including all the XNT files in the Xenophobia installer, and if that is the case I'd like to request a manual install version minus the unmodified XNT files anyway, at least for future releases, because I already have them. And I like installing things manually.

(I was going to post a link to the llama song but after listening to it for the first time in about 10 years I didn't realize how annoying it was, I recommend badgers instead, though it's still kind of annoying.)

This argument is totally invalid and innacurated, this is about RESPECT, we ask multiple times to this user to keep his mod separated because of his behavior, I don't want to resurrect older things here, we reach to the conclusion to not support anymore this mod for multiple infractions. Dont blame on me, blame the creator of this compilation.

I'm pretty sure that slayer make lot of effort but he can make his own mod and dont steal other people works.

This is your solution? Ignore this and go on? No, you need to remove all content and make your own mod, we have the opportunity and break it again.

I ask you again, Remove it.

Actually its not inaccurate or invalidated at all. You have not addressed any questions I posed and you are not supporting the modding community in any way through this post. and I am not blaming anyone in particular but I do think that this issue should be promptly sorted out so that content of XNT can continue to be supported through the work Slayer has done to compile it with other mods.

We understand that you want credit for your work. We, the xenonauts community we love this game and its additions through various modders. Welove the base game and the effort put forth from various individuals. A compilation to have a balanced mod with features from multiple individuals works does require a significant balancing effort. I've looked at the mod files myself.

This issue should be reasonably solved by having you accepting credit for your work and slayer acknowledging your efforts as he has through sequential releases of the mod. If you deny access for use of your files then it would seem to me, and I'm sure much of the user community, that you are playing a childish game. A game which does not benefit anyone who actually wants to enjoy the game, which I'm Sure is Chris' ultimate intent.

I was going to make a semi-long winded post requesting some clarifications and questioning why all the s--- is getting flipped, but slayer's last post addressed some of it.

The last remaining thing was pointing out that it seems like the issue is with including all the XNT files in the Xenophobia installer, and if that is the case I'd like to request a manual install version minus the unmodified XNT files anyway, at least for future releases, because I already have them. And I like installing things manually.

(I was going to post a link to the llama song but after listening to it for the first time in about 10 years I didn't realize how annoying it was, I recommend badgers instead, though it's still kind of annoying.)

Attaching and attaching again a permission that I give for two months dont change my actual determination. This is not only because of me as a personal decision, is a quorum for all the persons that work with me.

I repeat, REMOVE all the content and make the mod exclusive Xenophobia not for XNT.

Moderators and Devs already warned, your breaking rules posted by Chris.

You know what happens in the past and all your infractions, don't cover behind senseless excuses.

PD/

- If for you "Outdated" means add tons and tons of redundant content without statistical calculations and balancing, you and me have a different perspectives of game designing.

- Make a mod is different to "Fix your Bugs", thanks to all the persons that work on XNT you enjoy a lot of real content, this can be taken as a direct insult.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Attaching and attaching again a permission that I give for two months dont change my actual determination. This is not only because of me as a personal decision, is a quorum for all the persons that work with me.

I repeat, REMOVE all the content and make the mod exclusive Xenophobia not for XNT.

Moderators and Devs already warned, your breaking rules posted by Chris.

You know what happens in the past and all your infractions, don't cover behind senseless excuses.

You still have failed to realize how any of your personal quarrels may be hurting the community who wants to enjoy this game. I enjoy the work done by all of the modding community. This needs to be a collaborative effort. We all applaud XNT mods very significant contributions to the xenophobia compilation. It is the base for the mod, as noted in the description.

Requesting that it not be included, along with the refusal for the XNT team to allow modifications which benefit the entire user base, makes me lose respect for you as a modder, and hurts anyone who may want to see a community edition of this game with multiple mods combined, and balanced, as slayer has put forth effort to do.

It's very discouraging to future modders to see this type of argument even occurring.

You still have failed to realize how any of your personal quarrels may be hurting the community who wants to enjoy this game. I enjoy the work done by all of the modding community. This needs to be a collaborative effort. We all applaud XNT mods very significant contributions to the xenophobia compilation. It is the base for the mod, as noted in the description.

Requesting that it not be included, along with the refusal for the XNT team to allow modifications which benefit the entire user base, makes me lose respect for you as a modder, and hurts anyone who may want to see a community edition of this game with multiple mods combined, and balanced, as slayer has put forth effort to do.

It's very discouraging to future modders to see this type of argument even occurring.

Take all this complains and ask to the real responsible of the infractions, and that person is not me.

It exceptionally easy to say "[Xenonauts modding] needs to be a collaborative effort" and demand that everything be made freely available when you're not the person spending dozens - no, hundreds - of hours actually doing the work.

I'll be clear: I'm all in favour of collaboration. But such collaboration needs to be voluntary, or else you're going to force out people who aren't willing for their work to be redistributed without their discretion. Which, to me, seems like a far more damaging outcome for the modding community than this dispute.

Furthermore, you're overlooking perfectly good reasons why someone might not want their work redistributed or reused that have utterly nothing to do with 'ego'. For example, working on a big mod like XNT, there's invariably going to be a lot of work fixing bugs and tightening the game balance. This is made an order of magnitude more difficult when you have people giving you feedback/bug reports where people have been using other mods as well (and neglect to tell you that fact). So trying to narrow down sources of variance to ensure that the feedback you're getting actually pertains to the mod you're working on is a very helpful practice and cuts down work considerably.

As such, I'd maintain that TD's request is perfectly reasonable. It's his right to decide what his mod is used for and there's perfectly good reasons for restricting the redistribution of one's work.

This is silly. The mod is a compilation mod. Its just trying to get a bunch of mods to work together. It sounds like he has asked you if he can use your assets not as his own mod, but as a COMPILATION. Having features from a variety of mods does take effort on slayer's part, and it is valuable for the community and for the many people who want to see the features of these multiple mods working together.

All you are accomplishing by not allowing him to create a compilation with your assets is forcing people to do all of this work themselves manually. Why? How do you benefit? No one does. If you just need a boost to your ego or an e-peen stroke, then I'm sure everyone, myself included can say we all appreciate your hard work and effort into creating XNT mod and making this game better.

you've read my mind.

@Everyone

Ok, first thing's first, I've worked with XNT for a few things for them, so I can be counted as a biased dickhead siding with TacticalDragon should you wish to think like that.

Secondly, fork(there is no picture of a fork, so that will do) for thinking that people have to be forced to give away their sweets just because they possess it and no one else has their sweets, things have to be voluntary when it comes to modding, people worked for it.

Thirdly, seriously guys, those subtle insults along your lines, it's not a handbag slapping competition guys, no go.

@Slayerjarman

You did some considerable amount of work, that deserves respect, Compilng so many mods isn't easy. XNT is a free mod for people to use them in the game, but if you're hosting it with their mod, even crediting it isn't going to protect your method of using their mod. Make it separate, it's their work, they should get the right to call back. If they aren't active in the forums anymore and someone else is complaining about it then it can be a different story.

@TacticalDragon

Calm your tits down. You're not helping to solve this issue by going hoo-hah over all of this.

@CharnowC182

Seriously, you're not even helping calling upon TD's willy. A community isn't a good community if it's a forced community. TD has the rights to pull out his mod. The community will still run fine without XNT, they are not obliged to make people happy here. If TD's a jerk let him hurt the community, I think we can take the pain.

Kabill is right, people have the right to take away their content if they wished to, no one has the right over them to use their content without their permission. (Perfectly neutral example)If the mod was made by a dickhead and it was popular and he took it back, then fine he's a bigger dickhead, move on, find better mods with better people who are better at this.

Or even better, mod it yourself and share for the community, make a better community.

Seriously guys, the community is meant to have NICE people. Nice people that look seemingly nice tend to be nice to nice people in public have a not-so-nice side. They are not being nice when there is a not nice argument going around in this nice neighbourhood. Being nice is also about being nice under pressure. Even when not nice people are not being nice on your niceness you do not have a nice reason to be not nice to these not nice people. After all, there is no niceness in the community every nice person starts to be not nice because someone else is not nice about a not so nice issue that has not so nice for a nice long time.

I'll be popping another anti-depressant pill, if you nice people don't mind.