Why do you think the aliens invaded?

Was it a scout? I thought it said battleship in the iceland report?

It was described as being the size of an Earth battleship, which means it was probably heavier than a scout, but not necessarily one of their battleships.

There's no indication in the Iceland Incident report that the UFO was particularly maneuverable; it wiped out the attacking fighters with sheer firepower rather than dogfighting, which would be possible if it just had a large attack arc. It might be that the fact that their first attempt was shot down was what stopped them and made them realise that they might need aerial superiority before continuing.

I just assumed that at the end of the game Xenonauts would shoot them out (in their body bags) back towards their homeworlds as a warning to never try that again. I mean you have to do something with all that money you have left over at the end of the game right?
that would be an awesome cinematic for the end game, thousands of body bags pelting their home world. :D
and the red (?) splats as they impact the ground (must be body bags that can survive re-entry into atmosphere I guess =p)

Now that's my kind of ending!

I believe that the Aliens have invaded because Humans are considered an intergalactic delicacy and a loose conglomerate of Alien Harvesting companys has had a quota system imposed on them in order not to squander us tasty Humans. Obviously there is inherant danger in this as most food isnt armed with bazookas and machineguns.The ultimate goal of Xenonauts is to kill enough Aliens to eventually submit a very strongly worded letter to the intergalactic government concerning the morality and health issues involved with the consumption of Humans.Very much like the international lobby on the Japanese hunting of Whales.

Someone has been watching Bad Taste :D

• 9 months later...

Yes, that seems like a reasonable version. But don't forget that they are trillions of years ahead of us! Surely it must reflect their social order. And since you don't find any wallets, bills or even credit cards on alien bodies, there is but one logical conclusion: they have advanced to Communism.

So I think these invasions are just part of the outdoor activities in their Young Pioneer Camps.

And since you don't find any wallets, bills or even credit cards on alien bodies, there is but one logical conclusion: they have advanced to Communism.

Base Scientist thothkins: Aha! I'vew invented the ultimate connsumer device. Using alien psionics we can now find out what everyone really wants and deduct the cost directly from their bank/credit accounts! ha! ha! I'm am the ultimate capitalist! no need for wallets, credit cards or even bills!

>knock knock<

Base Scientist thothkins:bah! mid maniacal outburst. How impolite. Hi, What can I do for you?

MIB: We are HWP's Progessive American Natural Technology Squad. Come with us Commie Scum!

Base Scientist thothkins: but..but..I'm the ultimate capital...>slap with added 20 years without trial in the interests of national security<

• 2 weeks later...