(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Oh god ... this what you get from giving aliens "wings".Can you upload save file ?Someone will check it tomorrow or tonight (I know that I am not going to because I am barely awake).

Sorry, I didn't make a save that would be a turn before that bug happened. TBH, I made over 25 saves and I have already spent 1 turn through them all to check if the bug would insta appear.

I will upload two files, one that is at the beginning of the battle (autosave), and one that is a little through it (base d 7). The game would get stuck when one of them would appear at the last tile of my visual range, but only rarely and this has happened maybe 4 times through the course of the scenario. Anyways, there is a caesan trapped in a room to the bottom right, in the later save. He is one that would bug out if I made a certain move (i think back to one of my dead bodies?) with one of my two marines guarding the hall to him. In a later save he would also shoot through a cracked wall. That's about it though, I can't give anymore details unless you want to tediously go through all of my saves.

[ATTACH]4479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4480[/ATTACH]

As a sidenote, these are the only aliens that gave me this problem in this scenario.

Aut.sav

base d 7.sav

Aut.sav

base d 7.sav

Edited by canshow

The saved games run smooth and perfect

I believe that your steam UPDATE the files to 1.07, thats replace the launcher XENONAUTS.EXE

Make sure to reapply the game files, download the pack again and make sure that your USING the launcher in the mod.

:D

Im pretty sure that the problem is:

XNT Launcher Run Initiative calculations with different equation than vanilla, when an alien appear in LOS the system run the equation. If the launcher is the vanilla one the system crash.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Hi the team

I have a game breaking bug - I'm at "Capture a live Officer" in the campaign, I have researched the relevant projects but I do not have stun batons or grenades. I have a clean install and no other mods.

My only option is to make them Unlimited in items.xml for now...

Hi the team

I have a game breaking bug - I'm at "Capture a live Officer" in the campaign, I have researched the relevant projects but I do not have stun batons or grenades. I have a clean install and no other mods.

My only option is to make them Unlimited in items.xml for now...

Hello Gengis Thanks for posting!

The grenades and stun baton are not unlocked by "Alien Biology", after you finish the "Stun Weapons" research is unlocked.

I already check the files and everything is correct.

Check if "Stun Weapons" are unlocked.

:)

We are aware of it and that's issue with animation.Problem is that it will take a lot of time to fix it and right now our hands are full with surprise we are preparing.Also it's just visual annoyance and doesn't affect game play in anyway (at least not for most people)

NEWS NO.46

Hotfix patch is available for download here LINK

*For more information about changes read description and change log of hotfix that can found in the last post of main thread (follow link above)

*Hotfix patch will not break your saves however if you have ground mission in progress,you should finish first that mission before applying this hotfix

Edited by Sentelin

you guys are the goddamn reincarnate evil.

corvette crash site: containing the entry route quite easily, until FROM NOWHERE pop up the alpha prime beast, i just panicked (and most of my men too, surprisingly) and rushed all of them to the chinook.

guess what? HE GODDAMN LEAPED INSIDE THE CHINOOK! >_< i was like "wtf he's flying????"

lured out sacrificing one of the rookies, but the few others survived the escape!

quite intense moment, this mod is just a masterpiece! :D

also loving the new xenopedia entry about different warheads and tips to play, very immersive and helpful.

Not sure is it by purpose but there is no High speed interceptor tech and we get 2 planes for just reserching alien invasion, not sure why this change? I also asked about aimed shot few post back why it was removed. I am not proposing changes to that just like to know motives behind those changes if mod has to make things better iam thinking whats beter in that.

About aliens shooting stun guns from start u can capture them alive before reserching alien biology and stun guns, I realy think that shoting this from start its just beter for me less chalanging, less fear factor faster some techs that i shoudnt be able to start reaserching etc.

Thanks.

Edited by Alewalek

Not sure is it by purpose but there is no High speed interceptor tech and we get 2 planes for just reserching alien invasion, not sure why this change?

From change log that you obviously didn't read: Aircraft progression changed, Player start with Apollo, F17 and Su-T10, to unlock a new aircraft player need to recover and dissemble a UFO craft (Corvette - Mig31 Foxtrot, Landing Ship - Sarracen, Cruiser - Corsair, Carrier - Marauder, Marauder - Fury)

I also asked about aimed shot few post back why it was removed. I am not proposing changes to that just like to know motives behind those changes if mod has to make things better iam thinking whats beter in that.

Removed ?Chris didn't allow that option for thread creators,that can only be done by moderators of forum.

Can you please repeat what you wrote there because I missed that post.

About aliens shooting stun guns from start u can capture them alive before reserching alien biology and stun guns, I realy think that shoting this from start its just beter for me less chalanging, less fear factor faster some techs that i shoudnt be able to start reaserching etc.

Thanks.

This is meant to be.You will still need alien biology,stun weapons to capture leader if you want to progress further in-game at all.

I will give best answer I can.It's removed because of new weapons Warhawk,Warhawk II and Parango GH301which have laser attach to them (kind of new "weapon" mod).So they have snap,normal and aimed shot (which is very precise and this was only way around we can do it without source code ).Also some rifles and snipers later in the game have very high accuracy and if they have aimed shot enabled,in most cases you would have 100% chance to hit target (unless it's under heavy cover but even then you would received higher aim bonus than you should otherwise).

Ok this sounds logic. Thanks.

Few of my thaughts about mod

10 missions 1 dead soldier, I play with 2-3 shields (very bad stats) soldiers and in vanila always was loosing at least 1 per battle casue I am usualy charging with them a lot to scout and take enemy fire.

In this mod i play exacly the same way, and soldiers goes down every batle, 2-3 sometimes 1soldier twice but only unconscious. GC battles seems to have more variety and denisty of aliens but instead of losing more soldiers- which is logic - I lose less.

I dont think anymore this change is bad I am sure its bad at least in my opinion.

From what i read about this mod i expect a lot chalange later on, but early game balance was somehow lost here, game is at the moment way to easy. Not sure anyone has the same experience, but my first gameplay month was peace of cake on veteran.

Same i think about economy, we start with way to much money so u can build 2 bases straigh away and cover 2/3 of continents, build new planes without strugling with funds so in 1st month u can have at least 7 planes to cover air.

When I was playing same ammount of time in vanila, i was strugling to build some planes and was only to able build second base.

Some changes goes in right directions but some oposite in bad.

For example eggs: u can kill them with burst fire from rifle but not normal hhm why? I will not ask why u cant kill them with shotgun maby there is some kind of explenation but still.

Dont take those things like giving out I am just sharing my experinece with mod to make it beter, if those thigs i wrote are only my opinion then fine but this is what i think.

And question not related to mod: why the heck when unconscious soldier get up all his gear is on the ground? Did he unpack his backpack and belt and put everything on the ground before fainting?

Does anyone was thinking to change that, is it posible?

Edited by Alewalek

I actually like the wound/death modifications. In the previous version, it seemed like inevitable death if any of my operators were wounded because the bleeding rates were very high and since either they or their medic usually panicked at the sight of blood, they were usually dead within 1-2 turns. Now in 5.2, I actually have an opportunity to conduct first aid and keep my operators in the fight.

I didnt say i dont like this, what i said is that using stun guns by aliens in early game braking early game balance u can easily go trough mission without losses. It should be posible to go without losses if u good enough but not when game make its easier for you.

I didnt say i dont like this, what i said is that using stun guns by aliens in early game braking early game balance u can easily go trough mission without losses. It should be posible to go without losses if u good enough but not when game make its easier for you.

From all my gaming experience so far I can tell that early game is meant to give player opportunity to prepare for what awaits him later.Core of every game of this type is mid and late phase .In vanilla,start maybe more difficult but as you progress further and further in game it becomes walk in park (Last time I played vanilla I lost only two soldiers and that was after 4 months in-game).Here are things opposite.Also on what difficulty are you playing ?And there is another reason why this build may feel "easy" (not all people are you have that in mind) is that we slowed down alien invasion progress but in hotfix we are reverting to old changes since it has some negative effects.

Edited by Sentelin

From all my gaming experience so far I can tell that early game is meant to give player opportunity to prepare for what awaits him later.Core of every game of this type is mid and late phase .In vanilla,start maybe more difficult but as you progress further and further in game it becomes walk in park (Last time I played vanilla I lost only two soldiers and that was after 4 months in-game).Here are things opposite.Also on what difficulty are you playing ?And there is another reason why this build may feel "easy" (not all people are you have that in mind) is that we slowed down alien invasion progress but in hotfix we are reverting to old changes since it has some negative effects.

I am playing on veteran u asked before. If its like u say then we shall see. I hope game will not thorow everything she saves now, on me in one time it will be unfair:P

About dificulty level whats the difrence beetwen insane and veteran anyone knows? I mean in GC and geoscpae, invasion faster what else?

Edited by Alewalek