Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Could somebody help me out by posting a 1.06 save from ground combat? Preferably not an autosave but rather in the middle of a battle.
Done :) New possibilities include: armor with mobility-enhancing servomotors for extra TUs, armor with a sensor array enhancing reflexes, and armor that plays Two Steps from Hell in the helmet to enhance Bravery.

Thank you soo much!!! I Try this one for months!!!!

I really appreciate it.

:)

And thanks about the Two Steps from hell Helmet ^^!!!

Your welcome to make some test of XNT:ITD whenever you what.

Good look solver!

A couple of words on immediate developments.

I am looking to post 0.2 soon, hopefully within a few hours, or else tomorrow. Some cool stuff should be included. Problem is, I am trying to add features that ordinarily would break savegames (just like in experimental builds), but I do not want that, so I am writing some code to support loading of different savegame versions.

After that, there will be no updates from me for a week, at least until next weekend - I will be away from my desktop machine, and thus unable to make new builds of the game. I do though really hope that there will be enough stuff to make it interesting for some modders, and I will still be reading here and preparing for further work, so no, I will not be abandoning you :)

Since 0.2 isn't yet posted I'll make a late request:

1) Could you make an option to have aircrafts destructible?

Also I agree with:

- Mikhail Ragulin as he says: anything regarding unit ranks would be most appreciated (limitations but also the possibility of creating new ranks etc.)

- And I agree with Skitso and Max_Caine (and others). Everything that could give us more options to mod in the stats of our soldiers ( KIA reports, cos of death, walk distance, bromance relationships :D, number and types of alliens killed) would be most appreciated in terms of immersion and building an emotional connection with your team.

and Big Thanks for making Xenonauts a better game :D

CHANGELOG for 0.2:

- Hopefully fixed a bug (haven't been able to test it) where fleeing soldiers would stop fleeing if they saw an alien, defeating the whole point.

- Continents are now properly lost at the end of the month, not the moment your funding drops to or below zero. Negative funding now means you still have a chance to improve your relations until the end of the month.

- Mission debrief screen shows kills in this mission for soldiers.

- Armours can now be modded to increase any stat.

- Armours can now be modded to provide psionic defense, degrading or not.

- Ammo types can now be modded to damage TUs or morale. Applies to regular and explosive ammo. [issue: TU damage gets restored at beginning of turn so is kinda useless, I will fix it separately].

Note on save game compatibility:

Modifying certain things normally breaks saves. I tried to avoid this and so the mod should be able to load both modded saves and vanilla saves, but vanilla 1.06 will not be able to load saves (at least in ground combat) made with this mod.

0.2 is up and first post updated, so start modding! Now maybe I can get an hour of playtime myself :)

Thanks to everybody who has provided suggestions, and I will be going through suggestions that I haven't responded to yet to at least see how difficult something like that would be.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the (currently dummied out) Hypervelocity code ever fixed enough to jerry rig it back into the game and be usable at this point, or is it still a giant heap of catastrophic bugs like it was back in late 2012? It might warrant another look at this point if people are willing to tackle it.

Question: there so many nice mods around but many of them use same files expecialy gameconfig is this file is nessesery for each mod to work? This patch is nice but if for example I wana use FItH or Ecsites i cant casue they have gameconfig there. Any tips?

TacticalDragon, just redownload it :) I first uploaded the wrong thing (double reflexes for everyone) and quickly fixed, but apparently you downloaded too quickly.

Question: there so many nice mods around but many of them use same files expecialy gameconfig is this file is nessesery for each mod to work? This patch is nice but if for example I wana use FItH or Ecsites i cant casue they have gameconfig there. Any tips?

You can use those other mods, just copy and paste the new lines from my gameconfig to their gameconfig. Might work even without it, but I'm not sure.

Currently the new lines I have in gameconfig are:

<startingTime year="1979" month="9" day="1" comment="This is the start date of a new game" />
<terrorSuccessBonus value="150" comment="Bonus granted to the region relations if a terror site is successfully secured" /> <terrorCivilianSurvivedBonus value="0" comment="Extra relations bonus for every civilian that survived a terror mission" /> <terrorLocalForcesSurvivedBonus value="0" comment="Extra relations bonus for every local forces fighter that survived a terror mission" />
<crashsiteFundingBonus value="false" comment="Controls whether doing crash sites grants a relations bonus with the region" /> <crashsiteFundingModifier value="1.0" comment="If relations bonus for crash sites is enabled, the bonus is the shootdown bonus multiplied by this value" />

I am surprised that no one asked for this but could you allow us to modify how much of negative HP points knockout soldier can have before he dies (i.e Soldier is taken down by alien but he is not entirely dead,however before I manage to get to him with medic pack and stabilize his condition he dies because he reached -10HP limit).

Edited by Sentelin

I'm not the most active here but I'll still toss in a reply so that some suggestions that I really like hopefully don't get buried.

1. As mentioned previously, more options in dealing with ranks, namely allowing them to be handled separately from skill advancement (i.e. allowing the player to manually rank up soldiers), and perhaps in tandem opening up more options in dealing with morale bonuses / penalties for certain ranks.

2. As said previously, opening up various soldier stats to tracking to give some amount of "reality" to the lives of the soldiers. I especially liked the idea of the randomized buddies that only show up on a soldier's death.

3. Also, I would like to suggest myself that the "Buyable" stat on aircrafts.xml be made properly functional. As I and some others figured out recently it apparently only works properly for aircraft that are already in the game, and doesn't work for completely new modded aircraft. I'm sure that would be much appreciated, and hopefully not the hardest thing to implement considering some other suggestions. ;)

@Solver - a little late maybe, but congratulations with source access!

Things you already did looks very promising, good job.

And if you are not yet sick from suggestions, may i add another one to the pile, my favorite feature that do not yet exist - xml list of the tilesets and their mask colors, so multiple new tilesets can be added at the same time, not only tundra.