Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advertisment through Youtube!

I'm doing a narrative screenshot LP. Different beast entirely.

And I'm currently reading through the LP so I can get the style set in my head again. And remember all the little quirks all the troopers had.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

I think it's a great Idea, I bought the metal gear solid games based off of a series of let's plays. I'll look forward to watching it if the SOPA bill doesn't wipe all let's players off the face of the earth.

Sopa?
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.

The Stop Online Piracy Act, its a bill being decided on in US congress right now, in fact they were arguing about it for 12 hours this very day and couldn't come to a decision. It basically gives corporations power to take down, sue, and/or censor websites that they have "reason to believe" holds or will hold content that is copyrighted by anyone.

It also defines uploading things like Let's plays as a felony in the united states and you can be fined or spend 5 years in jail for doing it. and none of it actually stops piracy, since it just makes pirate websites harder to find.

It will probably never pass in it's current form though for obvious reasons. Though it is scary that it's being put forth as a bi-partisan bill and is co-supported by several influential politicians, and many people believe there's a fifty-fifty chance of it passing.

[Super political mode disengaged]

Edit: Now remembering that the Devs and many of the forums user's do not live in the US, so this will probably not effect them at all.
    Last edited by ZeElfenWaffe; 12-16-2011 at 04:30. Reason: I can haz grammar?

Depends on where the servers are hosted though.

And that is a damn stupid bill. Its far too vague and draconian. "reason to believe will hold". What the heck. And it'd probably include screenshots too ><.

Looking back at the WTF is Xenonauts that TB made he seems pretty excited to play it himself.
    He probably already has it. He has quite the fanbase and he does first impression videos.
    Though like Chris said it would be best to wait with an LP until the game is in better shape and most if not all features are implemented and are working as they should be.

And that bill is pretty stupid but it wouldn't suprise me if it somehow got passed. Though I don't live in the US so I don't know how it'll effect me if at all.

I do have a quick question. What is a bi-partisan bill? I'm not a native English speaker.
    Last edited by Da-Fort; 12-16-2011 at 07:57.

Bipartisan means it's a piece of legislation that is supported by both major political parties in the US (or whereever the subject of discussion may be). That's pretty rare at the moment as far as the US goes.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Here in the United States, our political system is like a can of pepsi
    Red for republican, White for Corporations and Blue for Democrats

Everyone wants a drink from the budget but, someone keeps spilling it

Great analogy

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    and they leave a terrible taste in your mouth?
    Last edited by anotherdevil; 12-16-2011 at 20:10. Reason: words, they do it for me
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens